George Hirst Saga..

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Agree to disagree then cowl. I have no problem with the clubs action despite your articulate argument. It remains to be seen what the ultimate outcome will be.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

I think regardless of who’s right and who’s wrong.

as soon as the club decided to follow up their sign it or yoycant go on loan deal if we believe that.

Either way if that’s true or not when they took the decision to freeze him out. That was the end f Sheffield Wednesday and George

i think the treatment or policy of this towards players are questionable for the employer

george hirst

lachmam

mcgugan

spring to mind who seem to be completely disregarded with the opportunity to return if the club has a dispute with them.

im all for discipline but it seems a bit of a my way or highway attitude you could also call it bullying. I know the club has the right as the player is under contract but are their offences that bad to be deemed left to rot?

its hardly a di Canio issue or a Evra issue and it seems the Chansiri/ carlos era is having more than it’s fair share of players problems. Maybe he club will not tolerate being challenged. Maybe that’s why the full medical team was dismissed 

Could there be a link to this years poor performance in the pitch to the treatment of players?

for the record I’m not particularly stating or believing my post I’m just adding it for debate. And I’m certainly not insinuating this is the case at all.

18 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If this is why its hardly making the lad feel wanted.

I doubt the club would do the same if in negotiations with a key first team player.

Think we should move him on now as soon as we can if not allowing him to play. Not sure either side comes out of this with mich credit.

The club had made it clear they wanted him, he didn't us.

I agree though, neither side comes out of it with much credit

“What a waste of six months for George. What a waste for Sheffield Wednesday. They would have got a lot more money for him if they had looked after him."

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-pundit-slams-ridiculous-treatment-of-sheffield-wednesday-striker-george-hirst-1-8875629

He's right. What a waste.
Edited by Geoffrey

Sometimes I find another world inside my mind
When I realise the crazy things we do
It makes me feel ashamed to be alive
It makes me wanna run away and hide
CHORUS
It's all 'bout the money
It's all 'bout the dun dun do do do dumb
I don't think it's funny to see us fade away
It's all 'bout the money
It's all 'bout the dun dun do do do dumb
And I think we got it all wrong anyway
We find strange ways of showing them how much we really care
When in fact we just don't seem to care at all
This pretty world is getting out of hand
So tell me how we fail to understand
REPEAT CHORUS
Anyway
'Cause it's all 'bout the money
Mm mmm mm mmm
REPEAT CHORUS TWICE
Anyway

22 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

From SWFC perspective, why develop a player who wants to leave, at the expense of a youngster who might not want to leave?

hence Hirst not playing for u23s and others playing who are going to stay. 

This ultimately makes sense, but it's only one of various perspectives SWFC ought to simultaneously have on the issue, and by itself it's too narrow a perspective.

I would expect the club ought to be concerned that young players (and their families) looking on at this situation would think that Wednesday are fine until they offer you a contract and you drag your heels in signing it because they'll then put your career on lock-down until your contract runs out, which in Hirst's case is a whole season. Even if Hirst said in August that his current intention is to leave when his contract runs out, why force the issue at such an early stage? The kid could change his mind - but is so much less likely to do so once the club have shown how little they regard his career.

The club could have sent Hirst out on loan anyway without making their doing so dependent on him signing a new contract. Since DC is making the borrowing club pay all the wages of players we loan out, there would be a larger selection of clubs to go for if they only have to meet his current contract rather than the new one that is being offered to him. This also solves the problem of Hirst taking up another u23 player's place. If in January, Hirst still doesn't want to take up our contract offer then we try to sell him, if we can't then we've done all we can, but we may as well send him out on loan again because at least then he's in the shop window and there would be the hope that his performances would boost whatever compensation we would be due when he does sign for another club in the summer (so long as it's another English club).

If Wednesday are trying to make the academy more attractive to the region's top talent then Hirst signing for a Prem club's academy would have been a marketing win - it's going to be very hard though now to disassociate any future success Hirst may have from how we're dealing with the situation currently.

I can respect that DC is inexperienced in football. He himself has been honest to us about this, but I would genuinely expect that if you recognize your own inexperience then you ought to be far more circumspect with the decisions you make. Not to the point that you interminably prevaricate, but to the point that you carefully think through what you're doing before you do it. I get no sense of him doing this. He says he has many advisers, but does he listen to them? Does he even seek out their counsel in the first place; it's genuinely hard to imagine that their aggregate wisdom would be to freeze Hirst out. Granted that it might be very difficult to keep your cool in dealing with football agents at times, but even if you angrily lash out during negotiations, I'd genuinely expect an experienced negotiator to later take stock and carry on looking for a way to proceed. Ending negotiations in the way we have in August with almost a year of Hirst's contract to run is a bizarrely premature but definitive act that I'm struggling to envisage having ensued from anything other than a highly emotional state. A stubborn disposition doesn't even come close explaining it.

Just watched the Beresford interview. He "knows for a fact" that Hirst is not asking for excessive wages. Backs up what Grandad was told and in stark contrast to those making up figures on here.

Beresford and Biggs both stressing that Hirst is currently under contract and bewildered that he is not being allowed to play football. Bersford claiming that all the kid wants to do is play football be it here or on loan.

Edited by Geoffrey

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Just watched the Beresford interview. He "knows for a fact" that Hirst is not asking for excessive wages. Backs up what Grandad was told and in stark contrast to those making up figures on here.

Beresford and Biggs both stressing that Hirst is currently under contract and bewildered that he is not being allowed to play football. Bersford claiming that all the kid wants to do is play football be it here or on loan.

As far as I know the offer to George Hirst is the biggest ever offered by Sheffield Wednesday to a player of his age in the younger ranks.

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I could "know for a fact" that I wasn't demanding a excessive pay rise, but my employer could "know for a fact" that my demands were excessive.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As far as I know the offer to George Hirst is the biggest ever offered by Sheffield Wednesday to a player of his age in the younger ranks.

What other 18 year old scored 40 goals in a season and did so well for his country?

What is the previous high that we have offered to an 18 year old local lad?

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

What other 18 year old scored 40 goals in a season and did so well for his country?

Obviously less than offered to George Hirst, otherwise it wouldn't be the biggest

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

exactly when did we last produce someone whose talent is recognised by premier league scouts ?

he may come good it's a gamble he needs to fill out his body imo but the signs are he may even exceed his father with normal progression 

I do not know the figures so wont post rumours as fact but the amount he's asked for prob doesn't come near to the money we have wasted on talent that cant play for whatever reason 

The fact is there has been a spat and face ( on both sides) dictates what is happening now