George Hirst Saga..

4 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

The club should have had this sorted a long time ago. Now he has premier league clubs sniffing why would he sign for the Owls with a manger who is stuck in his ways who likes playing ageing players and with 3 strikers already on more than £30k a week. 

Let the others pay 3 / 4mill for an untested first team footballer.  Its quite clear that he is no where near up to it and might never be. Vardys don't come around that often. The old Football Conference league is cram packed with George Hirsts of this world. Why are we making such a fuss over an ex pros son.

2 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

David Hirst always has been, and obviously still is a very ‘hands on dad’, I well recall him and George having kick abouts on the Brunsmeer ground when George was nowt but a nipper. His son comes before his ex employers, this seems about the correct order of things to me.

I was with my son, didn't mean I would hold any potential club ransom to sign him which looks very likely what is happening here. Again something blown up totally out of proportion. Lets talk about some of the other youngsters. Im glad you said, ex, maybe you wouldn't be so keen to say that if he was still an employee.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

He'll get offered what he wants at several Premiership clubs.

Are they stupid, or are we cutting or noses off to spite our faces ?

I have a feeling it may be the latter, which would make them even more stupid lol

10 minutes ago, the third man said:

So if the manager said I think this could save us millions in the future the chairman would say I want to get to get rid and stuff the money

It's all hypothetical anyway

Carlos will still be here after GH has gone

7 minutes ago, the third man said:

So if the manager said I think this could save us millions in the future the chairman would say I want to get to get rid and stuff the money

Think the chairman's more likely to say, I deal with the money you're the coach (although not a very good one at present) 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Is that the figure that Hirst,Hirst and Doyen asked for ?

Haven't got a clue but based on his age and how much I know other youth players are on then it would seem reasonable to ask for that sort of money. I will be very surprised if Hirst Junior has asked for more but if people have the know they are more than welcome to state it.

35 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Let the others pay 3 / 4mill for an untested first team footballer.  Its quite clear that he is no where near up to it and might never be. Vardys don't come around that often. The old Football Conference league is cram packed with George Hirsts of this world. Why are we making such a fuss over an ex pros son.

It's not just cos he's hirsts son... He's also an England international starring at his level. 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Haven't got a clue but based on his age and how much I know other youth players are on then it would seem reasonable to ask for that sort of money. I will be very surprised if Hirst Junior has asked for more but if people have the know they are more than welcome to state it.

A figure of £10k was bandied about on here.  Don't know if this is true or not.

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

A Scrubber and one who's mates with his Dad.

Very balanced.

lol

Seemed decent enough to me, also thats cleared it up for me..

My guess hirst,s have taken the wee wee a bit with their demands. And an Asian business man has taken it personally. As they have been known to do.

Edited by jfr142

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Look there is a lot of bad blood with this on both side, Hirst a young up and comer is asking for a route into the first team Carlos stated last year he would have no chance for 18 months. You then look as of now other than Hooper the strikers we have have been crap this year, so far if Hirst was ever going to get a chance it would be now, so he can plan for life elsewhere because unless there is a management change before January then I cannot see anything changing.

On a side point is anyone else surprise there has been no big article from McGugan on what actually happened for him, to go from a fans favourite to never playing for the club again, there is a lot of similarity with his treatment to that of Hirst all be at at different levels. Football like to have a go then retract the story later saying they were miss quoted I just cannot believe he hasn't said anything. 

It's not Carlos. He may be many things but not this saga. In fact i think GH and CC are suffering from similar infections. 

50 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

It seems like you take it for granted that fallout is because Hirst, and club's hierarhy is blameless.

Conference league is not packed with George Hirsts of this world. How many of those scored 40 goals a season when 17/18 years old, and played and scored as much for England while getting universal prize from scouts and coaches all over country ?

And yes, guy who gave his all playing for SWFC is a gready ba5tards, and guy charging us by far the most expensive tickets in the league is not. Guy who showed how much he holds to fans and our opinion by changing our traditional shirts and crest just because HE didn't liked them ?!

• Thanks 2

When he leaves for a nominal fee, it won't sit right with me.

We've signed some total cockcheese over the last 3 years. All on high wages, half of them paid to sit at home not even making the team. The majority have little or no resale value. 

In Hirst we have a young striker, with huge potential. A young striker produced by us, with Wednesday in his blood and dna.

Have we done all we can to keep him, or has somebody running the club allowed their inexperience to lead to another mistake ala the kit etc ?

I think the latter, and its pretty poor. I'd take a gamble on Hirst over 6 of the thirty somethings stealing a living from us anyday.

Very disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once the bids from PL teams had been received the club had two viable options; (1) accept a bid or (2) tie the lad down to a contract that was competitive with the offers received.

Either choice would have been logical, take the cash or take the risk with the bigger contract hoping that he continued to progress but knowing many young lads dont.

For reasons unknown they decided to take the unviable option of not taking the cash, not offereing the competitive contract and not playing him.