George Hirst Saga..

George Hirst.jpg

Just watched this and I get the impression that he's talking here with at least some  inside knowledge or at least from the Hirst side anyway, he mentions being friends with Hirst snr and states he's not asking for stupid wages. 

Can't help but think this will only go one way if not resolved very soon. We could be loosing a real talent here, surely there's a middle ground to be found by both sides somewhere??? 

But once again were left guessing, even the journos closest to the club can't find out what's going on, if it does go sour I really hope it's not the clubs doing as we must have some really good young prospects, going on how well the U-23s have done over the last 2 seasons! We need to build them up to 1st team players not cast them aside if they don't do as there told.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

JB is a decent guy but he's a mate of DH. It's a view from one perspective. The club are rightly keeping quiet over what is an employee personnel matter. Something's not right but where the blame lies isn't known

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

11 minutes ago, Markhs21owl said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-pundit-slams-ridiculous-treatment-of-sheffield-wednesday-striker-george-hirst-1-8875629

Just watched this and I get the impression that he's talking here with at least some  inside knowledge or at least from the Hirst side anyway, he mentions being friends with Hirst snr and states he's not asking for stupid wages. Can't help but think this will only go one way if not resolved very soon. We could be loosing a real talent here, surely there's a middle ground to be found by both sides somewhere??? 

But once again were left guessing, even the journos closest to the club can't find out what's going on, if it does go sour I really hope it's not the clubs doing as we must have some really good young prospects, going on how well the U-23s have done over the last 2 seasons! We need to build them up to 1st team players not cast them aside if they don't do as there told.

Really lol

My concern is the influence Doyen are having on the young lad.   My understanding is for a player that's only played a few first team games he was offered a good contract to make him the highest ever paid youngster at the club and would take him on to the lower end of the first team wage structure.

His agent wanted more money because of course they make more money out of it.

Its a shame but 1 player and his agent cant hold the club to ransom and if the club gives in it sets a precedent that could be difficult in the future. 

Look there is a lot of bad blood with this on both side, Hirst a young up and comer is asking for a route into the first team Carlos stated last year he would have no chance for 18 months. You then look as of now other than Hooper the strikers we have have been crap this year, so far if Hirst was ever going to get a chance it would be now, so he can plan for life elsewhere because unless there is a management change before January then I cannot see anything changing.

On a side point is anyone else surprise there has been no big article from McGugan on what actually happened for him, to go from a fans favourite to never playing for the club again, there is a lot of similarity with his treatment to that of Hirst all be at at different levels. Football like to have a go then retract the story later saying they were miss quoted I just cannot believe he hasn't said anything. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hard to know where the fault lies. I understand they is a contract dispute but don't really understand why he is not allowed to play. 

Sounds like both player (and representatives) and club are playing contractual hardball. It's business these days in football. We don't know what's happening because the club are keeping staff personnel matters private just as they should. 

I don't know the truth, like most, but the snippets being leaked out from the player's side (mainly Dad) are lacking somewhat in integrity IMO.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He'll get offered what he wants at several Premiership clubs.

Are they stupid, or are we cutting or noses off to spite our faces ?

That's the big question and one that we just don't have the answer to. I refer back to my last post though and repeat that I'm not overly impressed with drip feeding of leaks from the players side.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look there is a lot of bad blood with this on both side, Hirst a young up and comer is asking for a route into the first team Carlos stated last year he would have no chance for 18 months. You then look as of now other than Hooper the strikers we have have been crap this year, so far if Hirst was ever going to get a chance it would be now, so he can plan for life elsewhere because unless there is a management change before January then I cannot see anything changing.

On a side point is anyone else surprise there has been no big article from McGugan on what actually happened for him, to go from a fans favourite to never playing for the club again, there is a lot of similarity with his treatment to that of Hirst all be at at different levels. Football like to have a go then retract the story later saying they were miss quoted I just cannot believe he hasn't said anything. 

I can't see where the similarity is,

McGugan played for the first team and then for some reason wasn't required (possibly didn't suit the style of play, no one really knows). Hirst and the club have fallen out over his contract, again no one really knows why.

The only similarity is no one knows the true story of either player.

I think he's talking as a friend/ally of Hirst Snr. 

Nothing more. 

Like the ridiculous Doyen driven news article t'other week. 

Not saying SWFC are innocent in all of this, but Doyen Sport and the Hirst camp are playing a big role in this "ridiculous treatment" of George Hirst,. 

Funny how his other team mates, of whom played a big role in Hirsts goals, have managed to sign contracts and continue to knuckle down. Some of them have even gone out on loan, haven't they?

Edited by bigdan2003