King Carlos : putting my thoughts into words.

6 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He hasn't changed the way we play though. We've just managed to stick the ball in the net early on in the last 2 games. 

Simplistically, you're right.

It would have been interesting to see what happened at Villa had we not got a ridiculously early goal. 

“A lot of the people who write on social media don’t go to the games. “Most of the time it is a coward’s opinion. “It is not a representation of what we feel in the stadium.”

Hmm. Many of us who criticise CC actually do go to the games home and away - and that's the main reason why we don't think he's the right man for the job. Contrary to the belief of some on here, we don't go to games hoping for a bad performance just so we can slag the manager off, we still support the team yet come away feeling let down. After most away games this season the vast majority of comments I've heard have been anti-Carlos because of the way he's set the team up, that doesn't make people who go to games all happy with the manager just because we're not calling for his head during the match.

On the flip side, many of those people who back him on social media/Owlstalk don't actually go to games either, they don't sit through yet another desperate "performance" as we struggle to make a decent chance against teams in the bottom two but they won't hear a word against CC because "look where we were 6 years ago" and "playoffs twice" as if that's remotely relevant to this season when we've been going backwards.

If he really wants to win us over, we need a lot more Villa performances and no more Boltons...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

I don't think he's too far off reality in anything he says.

By golly he is, I’ve only gone to all home games because I’m a season ticket holder , I read this and thought ‘this is going to bite you on the ar*e’ he has beat 1 team convincingly, I’d only be saying what he says if we were higher in the league with MORE regular convincing games.

Remember his £20 debacle, he got carried away with that.

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

By golly he is, I’ve only gone to all home games because I’m a season ticket holder , I read this and thought ‘this is going to bite you on the ar*e’ he has beat 1 team convincingly, I’d only be saying what he says if we were higher in the league with MORE regular convincing games.

Remember his £20 debacle, he got carried away with that.

He is human though and I applaud him for not hiding away when the going was really tough. I liked the 20 quid thing, thought he showed some much needed passion after the players severe lack of it in the derby game. I think a little less grand-standing when we win and a little less moaning when we don't makes for a more balanced Wednesday. We have our part to play as much as the players and manager.

38 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Doesn't stop you bad mouthing CC, or do you know him?

How am I bad mouthing him, I don't think he's good enough to get us auto's which should have been the aim this season. Just because I don't think he's good enough doesn't mean I want him to fail. 

Guest BULGARIA
9 minutes ago, erowl said:

He's a cheeky tw@.

We spend thousands watching this team and he spends the square root of fk all!

but according to Carlos if you are unhappy with things then you shouldnt go because you are not a fan.

Maybe thats what fans do in Portugal but not here in the UK. He is way off with that remark.

3 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

but according to Carlos if you are unhappy with things then you shouldnt go because you are not a fan.

Maybe thats what fans do in Portugal but not here in the UK. He is way off with that remark.

No he is mainly talking about personal vitriol which is not on and is right it is cowardly. People are entitled to express opinions on social media but personal insults is pathetic .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, erowl said:

He's a cheeky tw@.

We spend thousands watching this team and he spends the square root of fk all!

6 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

Perhaps he has a point :manager:

In all seriousness though, I’m not sure this was the wisest thing to come out with. Namely because it’ll give his most ardent critics more ammunition. 

There is something mildly amusing though about those who have insulted him, directed their venom in his direction, mocked his broken English etc., getting all bent out of shape over these remarks. 

• Like 1

Does he mean abuse or fans being generally unhappy or thinking we should do better?

If it’s the latter then Carvalhal is wrong if he thinks it’s only on social media. No one wants to give him grief about performance as he’s one of the good guys but if he genuinely thinks that about fans at games it is worrying. You don’t get Carlos  out chants at away games for nothing. If we don’t find consistency next month then there will be more of it too.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Guest mrbluesky
22 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

He is human though and I applaud him for not hiding away when the going was really tough. I liked the 20 quid thing, thought he showed some much needed passion after the players severe lack of it in the derby game. I think a little less grand-standing when we win and a little less moaning when we don't makes for a more balanced Wednesday. We have our part to play as much as the players and manager.

Agree with the moaning but this can also relate to CC, he withdrew from social media, he’s well aware how it works, he lorded it up when things were good but when things aren’t he critersises it, you can’t have your cake and eat it, abusive stuff I don’t condone but he’s not saying that.

I guess sometimes it doesn’t translate across with his broken English so again he has to be careful what he says to the media because they can/are far worse than social media for sticking the knife in.

My advice to Carlos is not to talk about things he can’t effect but talk about the things he can.

I’ve said it many times if he succeeds I will hold my hand up BUT he has a hell of a long way to go.

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Does he mean abuse or fans being generally unhappy or thinking we should do better?

If it’s the latter then Carvalhal is wrong if he thinks it’s only on social media. No one wants to give him grief about performance as he’s one of the good guys but if he genuinely thinks that about fans at games it is worrying. You don’t get Carlos  out chants at away games for nothing. If we don’t find consistency next month then there will be more of it too.

You're a good poster bluesteel.. what..in this instance do you find vague in a verbatim post?

FFS.

I think social media can get out of hand and has become a waste of time.

That being said it can work as an outlet for fans to vent and blow off steam. Should that be directed to the manager or players on twitter? Definitely not. 

Carlos might not realise this but social media may have saved his job. A decade ago all the online hatred would have been hurled at the manager, players, club etc during games. Now there is an external way to complain. Chairmen were put under much more pressure and forced to react. 

I'm in a whatsapp group with my wednesday mates. Including a couple of season ticket holders (I also used to be one for years), but they don't go mad at games and call for the managers head or boo. When the game is over we are all often saying Carlos needs to go and how we perceive things as being wrong, with quite a few angry comments. 

Carlos is wrong if he thinks lots more fans don't/didn't want him gone.