King Carlos : putting my thoughts into words.

Talk is cheap and even cheaper on social security media, so I can understand where he's coming from on that score. I'm afraid though when your a Football manager it sort of goes with the territory these days unfortunately. I don't think it helps to blanket all those who criticise him and his performances as the mortal enemy either. Maybe Carlos could have vented and chosen his words more carefully and told the press that he aims to prove the doubters wrong etc. (of which I am one) instead of using the emotive language like he did, but I appreciate he's quite an emotional man himself and under a lot of pressure.

Get the team playing and WORKING like you did on Saturday Carlos and they'll be no need for crushed £20's or more drama's. No one wants him to fail, in fact its quite the opposite. 

UTO         

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would he do that if they're at the game and 100% behind Carlos like Carlos says?

They can't be at the game AND on social media

Carlos said so

Exactly. In that instance I think the fans upset about it were in the wrong. But it goes to show that CC is wide of the mark.

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, TommyCraig said:

Thread started quite positively, gone a bit downhill since. I for one will welcome the outers back with open arms when we start to acheive. The cowards, they can spin. 

It’s called dived opinion at the moment, hopefully we have turned the corner.

4 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Simplistically, you're right.

It would have been interesting to see what happened at Villa had we not got a ridiculously early goal. 

Villa did not employ on top of you aggressive style in midfield, they gave our midfield space and if a team does that we usually beat them. think Villas midfield skilful but looks aged and does not have legs.

The Wednesday fan base is extremely widespread. For example in away games in the South of England lots who go to the games and support Wednesday do not have a season ticket as they live in the South. The demise of industry has led to alot of individuals leaving the area and working in the South. As families get older it is difficult explaining you are going to be out of house for 12 hours on Saturday. Hence what a lot of people miss is although we may have a solid levle of support the actual make up of that support does vary from game to game. I have two season tickets which I pay for in another persons name. I try to get to all matches but some in midweek are diffficult and have recently took the decision not going to any more midweek ones. The person who I go with can take someone else to game if I do not go. Interestingly on Halloween he could not find anyone. I go to away games in South of England and take a child with me if at weekend, I only used to miss games North of Yorkshire and those in North West as travelling takes too long. This season decided not to go to Villa and Derby, that is down to style of play. Although I want us to win every game the brand of football we play is not my cup of tea and though as ardent a fan as you find I will be critical if the product we deliver is not fit for purpose.From what I can see we still have the same style of play and will still find it difficult to play against teams who play in your face style. CC would do better to say how he is going to combat that rather than having a pop at any fan. Think it shows that his head was in the noose and if last two games had not gone well lever may well have been pulled.

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

He's got a long way to go to really win the fans back like the 15/16 season.

Nobody would moan if we were playing good football but losing unfortunately. The fact we seem to go into 90% of our games with slow and negative possession football is what gets people rightly disgruntled. 

We are in the top 6 in shots per game and the top 10 in shots on target.

What's negative?

You're going to have to learn to sit through a sideways and backwards pass or two.

Stupid comments by Carlos really.  Having a go at a proportion of the fan base is never a good idea, it's also dividing fans when he has been calling for unity.

If he thinks he'll garner support by saying that stuff he has seriously misjudged what football fans feel.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

Stupid comments by Carlos really.  Having a go at a proportion of the fan base is never a good idea, it's also dividing fans when he has been calling for unity.

If he thinks he'll garner support by saying that stuff he has seriously misjudged what football fans feel.

I agree totally. He should be above these sort of comments, no matter what he actually thinks. He should stick to comments regarding football directly.As far as what happens in the ground, you can't tell me he has not noticed that all the "Carlos" songs have dried up and the atmosphere has become limp in comparison to earlier times at Hillsborough.      CC PLEASE shut up and don't criticise ANY real fan who may or may not go to matches. I comment on social media and I attend all home games (s/t) but I also travel about 140 miles per match to do so !!!

Edited by Whatahoot

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Even more important - Carlos has just alienated all those who cant' afford to go games, all those abroad, all those who have to work instead of getting to games, all those disabled who can't get to matches etc etc etc who all want to participate and have their say.

And what about all those who pay out their money to watch the games on I-Follow? They watch every game (often from better angles than the fans at the game)

That's a stretch.  I'm abroad, and have to watch on iFollow or DAZN and I'm not the least bit alienated by it:  I think he's completely right.

You only need to look at a match day thread - posters on there will be criticising CC and criticising our style of play when two pages earlier they were posting about how they aren't even listening in today, are just following along on Owlstalk.

His comments are about those that don't watch the games, not a disparagement of those that aren't physically at Hillsborough.

And again, he's absolutely right.  It's not that hard to spot anymore either - anyone complaining that we're playing "negative football" clearly isn't watching the games (or is a dinosaur just looking for route 1 football all day for some entertainment whilst they get pissed).  We're top ten in chances on goal, and have actually played some great football, just been unlucky with our finishing.

2 hours ago, ZIMMY said:

So any body who dare criticize him on social media, is a 'Coward' how Hippocratic is that

Hippocratic

Hippocratic

Hippocratic

Hippocratic

Hippocratic

Hippocratic

Hippocratic 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZIMMY said:

So any body who dare criticize him on social media, is a 'Coward' how Hippocratic is that, as he is using the "Main Stream Media"to try and 'Bully' Fans into stop voicing their opinion, what an absolute liberty.        

I wonder what word you would use to describe his Tactics at Huddersfield?as they certainly were not 'Brave 'in fact quite the opposite 'Cowardly' springs to mind and ultimately cost us a Play off final appearance.     

He needs to start his 'Crowing' when he actually achieves something at 'Wednesday' and not when we are still sitting in Mid table in the Championship.P.S. His Assistant Lee Bullen is one of the biggest users of 'Social Media' to spread his opinion, he is he a 'Coward' as well?.  

Criticism is acceptable to a degree, personal abuse isn't.  

Guest Copthorneowl

Is it really so difficult to see why Carlos is making strong and in some cases inaccurate disparaging statements ( not in all cases).

This is simply a guy receiving huge dollops of negative feedback/criticism on social media and yes in the stadium as well and he's showing that he's not going to be cowed by it.  FFS He's showing the fight and bottle that surely any and every fan of this club would want to see from their manager.

I say good on him for showing aggression and determination and let's hope he now plays to our strengths and sticks with offensive and 'pressing' tactics like we saw at Villa and to a lesser extent against Millwall.

I welcome his fighting stance so should we all its what we need not silence, decorum and diplomacy get stuck in Carlos.