King Carlos : putting my thoughts into words.

11 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Is it really so difficult to see why Carlos is making strong and in some cases inaccurate disparaging statements ( not in all cases).

This is simply a guy receiving huge dollops of negative feedback/criticism on social media and yes in the stadium as well and he's showing that he's not going to be cowed by it.  FFS He's showing the fight and bottle that surely any and every fan of this club would want to see from their manager.

I say good on him for showing aggression and determination and let's hope he now plays to our strengths and sticks with offensive and 'pressing' tactics like we saw at Villa and to a lesser extent against Millwall.

I welcome his fighting stance so should we all its what we need not silence, decorum and diplomacy get stuck in Carlos.

Well according to Carlos all the real fans in the stadium don't do this

6 minutes ago, Left-footed Filth said:

Guys an idiot. Shut up Carlos.

How you could be dumb enough to make the assumption that people giving grief on social media don't go to the games is utterly ridiculous. 

He's probably just got mixed up between Twitter/FB and Owlstalk.

:manager:

he's getting criticised for criticising those that criticise him ...... .I find it strange that some are outraged when he says they don't go to games when he has no proof that they don't and yet some of the drivel they come out without a shred of proof against him seems to be taken as gospel . ........all just seems a bit petty to me from both sides .

Guest Copthorneowl
39 minutes ago, Left-footed Filth said:

Guys an idiot. Shut up Carlos.

How you could be dumb enough to make the assumption that people giving grief on social media don't go to the games is utterly ridiculous. 

He making statements while at the time he's clearly  emotive just like most of the people making disparaging statements aplenty at him if people don't like his defence then don't attack him in the first place.

From any professional sportspersons perspective social media really is the devil. I can’t for the life of me understand why players and managers go anywhere near Twitter and the like.

With respect to Carlos’ comments I have sympathy with most of what he’s said. Social media really does bring out the worst in some of our fellow keyboard warriors.  I would hope the club advises the players and staff to stay well clear of it all.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he's getting criticised for criticising those that criticise him ...... .I find it strange that some are outraged when he says they don't go to games when he has no proof that they don't and yet some of the drivel they come out without a shred of proof against him seems to be taken as gospel . ........all just seems a bit petty to me from both sides .

We have people on here who have claimed to be at games and have posted drivel only to be found out lol

Well that's all rather disappointing. Owlstalk is social media and I think it's hugely valuable, bringing together those who can and do go to the games and those who

don't and can't go. I've been a Wednesday fan since before Carlos was born and I'll be one long after he's moved on, and despite never getting to 'the stadium'

I'll darn well express my opinions here and read those of fellow fans. We're all the life blood of football and if we didn't need to vent our frustrations the game wouldn't

be worth a damn. 

Carvalhal, who has recently come in for vitriolic abuse from keyboard warriors online, told The Star: “It’s a new phenomenon is social media.

Really, Dom? Is that The Star's official term now for its readership?

Edited by cowl

16 hours ago, Muffinman said:

You don't really want him to succeed and to pretend is silly.    You want to be proved right. You want a change of manager,  you want your poor judgement validated. Stop with the crap of claiming you want him to succeed. You want to criticise and destabilise and want the comfort blanket of pretending you don't. You are either a hypocrite or a liar.

Well I can confidently say that if I were permitted to present somebody with a numpty award, it would be to you sir.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Nobody would moan if we were playing good football but losing unfortunately.

Define playing good football, because unfortunately I don't think that's true at all. We've played well in many games we've lost this season, but the level of vitriol doesn't seem to have been toned down because of it.

People say they only care about the result when we're losing. Take last season for example, everyone pretty much accepts that we didn't play that great football, but the results were better than the year before. Which season were the fans behind the team the most?

16 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I will aim at folk who’re going OTT needlessly and pant wetting. Some of the crap/ vitriol aimed at our owner/ manager/ players and club is downright pathetic and this is allegedly from fans of our club! If it needs calling on, I will say it. 

Says the poster who started a thread stating Big Dave is charged up for the weekend (or words to that effect) and proceeded to show a pic of a donkey wired up to the mains. Then, as per usual when it turned out people called you out on it,  cowardly decided it was just a bit of fun (a bit like when you got offered a ticket to the Steering Committee after slagging off the attendees and mysteriously/suddenly were out of the country so couldn't attend). As my old mother used to say, all mouth and no trousers... 

Edited by Almat
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, davidhirst1867 said:

Totally understand where he's coming from, but many fans on social media also do go to the games and he doesn't have the full support of everyone that goes. He'd be naive to think that everybody wants him to stay as manager. I will say though, that I think the vast majority WANT him to succeed. I'd be delighted for one if we do

Still don't want him long term but i do want him to succeed.

5 hours ago, Almat said:

Says the poster who started a thread stating Big Dave is charged up for the weekend (or words to that effect) and proceeded to show a pic of a donkey wired up to the mains. Then, as per usual when it turned out people called you out on it,  cowardly decided it was just a bit of fun (a bit like when you got offered a ticket to the Steering Committee after slagging off the attendees and mysteriously/suddenly were out of the country so couldn't attend). As my old mother used to say, all mouth and no trousers... 

Donkey Dave is turd, have to laugh on it, nothing cowardly about what I said.

Steering Group, I was out of the country, I’m out of it quite regularly running my business.

Apart from the lack of stripes and folk wanting us to use an ineffective “striker” when we’ve been struggling to score I have no issues with the club.

Now then Aldi washing powder, can you name some positives about the club as I see nothing from you apart from constant digs at the club.

22 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Reminds a bit of Alan Irvines comment about 'How many coaching badges do people have who criticise me' or words to that effect.

Words could come back to haunt him if we hit another bad patch soon.

Hope not though.

Please, let’s not compare Carlos Cravalhal with Alan Irvine!