King Carlos : putting my thoughts into words.

Carvalhal’s future at Hillsborough came under increasing pressure after an inconsistent start to their season. Scores of frustrated supporters vented their fury online after a poor run of form which yielded just one victory in seven matches. And some fans even called for Carvalhal to be sacked after their defeat at lowly Bolton Wanderers last month. But back-to-back victories over Millwall and Aston Villa has lifted the gloom around the Championship club and moved them back into the top half of the table.

Carvalhal, who has recently come in for vitriolic abuse from keyboard warriors online, told The Star: “It’s a new phenomenon is social media. “It is one of the enemy of the coaches. “A lot the comments made on social media are very cowardly.

“A lot of the people who write on social media don’t go to the games. “Most of the time it is a coward’s opinion. “It is not a representation of what we feel in the stadium.” Although Carvalhal still has a Twitter account, he decided to step away from the social networking site earlier this year.

“I’m out of social media and I made a good decision to take myself off,” he said. “I have been off it a long time and I won’t go back. “There is a difference between social media and reality. I know I have full support of the fans in the stadium.

“I am a coach from the stadium, not a coach from the internet.” Carvalhal understands that criticism comes with the territory but believes the majority of fans are right behind him. He said: “When we lose games, the fans boo and that is absolutely normal. I would do the same. “But the supporters have been with me, the players and the chairman in the last three games. We have been together. “If the fans weren’t with us, why would they come to the games and sing at the beginning of the games? Why? “The real fans who come to the stadium know that this makes us more strong. “We have felt a lot of support from our fans and that is the most important thing.

We have a big commitment between us and the fans. “I think my colleagues and other clubs must understand that social media is an enemy of the clubs. “The value of social media is zero in my opinion. “The chairmen, the club and supporters must understand that.”

Excellent Mr Carvalhal. The coward bit is going to cause quite a stir but I get where you're coming from totally. Put it to bed now and let's unite totally and move on up.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-it-is-a-coward-s-opinion-carlos-carvalhal-hits-out-at-critics-on-social-media-1-8843674

Edited by TommyCraig
Link

Guest BULGARIA

he says "if fans are not with us why would they come to the games"?

That comment shows how far off reality some managers are.

2 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

he says "if fans are not with us why would they come to the games"?

That comment shows how far off reality some managers are.

I don't think he's too far off reality in anything he says.

Edited by TommyCraig
  • Haha 1

Totally understand where he's coming from, but many fans on social media also do go to the games and he doesn't have the full support of everyone that goes. He'd be naive to think that everybody wants him to stay as manager. I will say though, that I think the vast majority WANT him to succeed. I'd be delighted for one if we do

• Thanks 2

Guest BULGARIA
1 minute ago, davidhirst1867 said:

Totally understand where he's coming from, but many fans on social media also do go to the games and he doesn't have the full support of everyone that goes. He'd be naive to think that everybody wants him to stay as manager. I will say though, that I think the vast majority WANT him to succeed. I'd be delighted for one if we do

Totally.

9 minutes ago, davidhirst1867 said:

This^^^ I really want him to succeed. I don't think he is the right man for the job however and I do want someone else to come in. I'll continue to him and the team until he departs. 

Guest Copthorneowl

Literally thousands of fans go to games and thousands scattered all around the world and in Sheffield don't.

Ive stuck by Carlos but I'm not blind enough to see why many havnt it's not just results but also the way of playing.

If we can keep the recent style which was the base of the 15/16 season we can start to challenge for autos, I don't believe in booing ever it's counterproductive but I can also understand  why some do.

Carlos must now see the rewards of what an attacking and pressing team can be ...please stick with it Carlos and we can get the naggers back on side ....I hope.

Edited by Copthorneowl

One very good result has not convinced me we have turned the corner, we have had these good results before then lapsed back to our inconsistent ways many times.

My big problem with Carlos as I have said before is that more often than not we have not looked fully prepared in our approach to games. 

Carlos has said himself that he likes to assess a game at the start, then change things as it goes along. That tactic is not working, at last over the last 2 games we have started the game on the front foot and looked organised from the start.

Its so difficult to keep coming back from falling behind to an early goal, as Villa found out on Saturday. As others have said please no more sitting back and defending a single goal lead, it just hands the emphasis to the other team.

Hope Carlos learns from mistakes of the past, but need convincing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

You don't really want him to succeed and to pretend is silly.    You want to be proved right. You want a change of manager,  you want your poor judgement validated. Stop with the crap of claiming you want him to succeed. You want to criticise and destabilise and want the comfort blanket of pretending you don't. You are either a hypocrite or a liar.

or you're just an ignorant idiot. I want the club to succeed, which in turn means I want the team and manager to succeed. I like him as a person but I don't think he'll take us any further. 

What kind of supporter would I be if I want him to fail. You can talk bobbar all you like but you don't flipping know me so keep your bobbar ill informed opinions about me to yourself. 

27 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Well I go to games and I’m delighted with the last two results . I’m also delighted he’s changed the way we play finally . It’s not rocket science Carlos . Go up the field we score goals and win games . No coincidence playing more attacking football has lead to the crowd stopping Moaning !

He hasn't changed the way we play though. We've just managed to stick the ball in the net early on in the last 2 games. 

6 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Not stopped moaning, muted and postponed, nice to see you firmly declaring yourself now an inner.

Deffo not an inner . I haven’t wanted carlos out for a year now at least. A victory or defeat doesn’t sway my view . I’m just happy it’s finally hit home that going up the field is more pleasing to the eye and produces better results 

3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Deffo not an inner . I HAVEN"T wanted carlos out for a year now at least. A victory or defeat doesn’t sway my view . I’m just happy it’s finally hit home that going up the field is more pleasing to the eye and produces better results 

HaHa Deffo an inner.

Edited by TommyCraig