King Carlos : putting my thoughts into words.

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I think social media can get out of hand and has become a waste of time.

That being said it can work as an outlet for fans to vent and blow off steam. Should that be directed to the manager or players on twitter? Definitely not. 

Carlos might not realise this but social media may have saved his job. A decade ago all the online hatred would have been hurled at the manager, players, club etc during games. Now there is an external way to complain. Chairmen were put under much more pressure and forced to react. 

I'm in a whatsapp group with my wednesday mates. Including a couple of season ticket holders (I also used to be one for years), but they don't go mad at games and call for the managers head or boo. When the game is over we are all often saying Carlos needs to go and how we perceive things as being wrong, with quite a few angry comments. 

Carlos is wrong if he thinks lots more fans don't/didn't want him gone. 

He didn't say that.

What he clearly expressed was that he valued the reaction of people in the ground...and not social media opinion.

FFS.

I couldn't give a flying shyte what he thinks or says, it's the results on the pitch that will he should and will be judged on, King Carlos my @rse 

:nuhiu:

He needs to start thinking before he speaks to the media, making himself look like a proper arrogant fool

Edited by steveger
  • Like 1

I was very surprised to read Carlos comments this morning, I've wanted many managers out in the past but when I'm at the games I'll always support the TEAM. even when players score I don't particularly like I'll always cheers as I support Wednesday, players & managers come & go but I'll always support my team no matter what for 90 minutes. As soon as the half-time or full time whistle goes, if I am not happy I'll boo, just what I've always done, I don't care if people have a problem with this.

Regardless of whether we are in the modern state we are in now, on the brink of administration or have an owner we all despise, I'll always support the team

Carlos is absolutely clueless if he genuinely believes what he said to the star, but I feel he may be saying things to deflect the negativity away from the team, he's actually good at that.

Imo I don't think Carlos will take us up, he's tried twice & failed, I see nothing to suggest he'll do it this time but if he does somehow do it I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong, I just call it how I see it & he's got a lot wrong, his style of football is boring & predictable, it's not something I enjoy watching.

We may have played well at Villa but 1 really good performance every 4 or 5 games doesn't make me change my mind at all, even if we went on a Derby county run & won 4 on the spin, I don't think my opinion will change until we are promoted (I think unlikely to happen this season) Carlos has a good run of form in him, he's capable of putting a team together to win a good amount of games on the spin but if we look at recent history under him, any big game we'll bottle anyway which means I don't think he will take us up.

I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong however Carlos would be the first ever manager we've had to win me back round, it normally goes one way once the fanbase turn :biggrin:

Edited by gypsyowl

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He didn't say that.

What he clearly expressed was that he valued the reaction of people in the ground...and not social media opinion.

FFS.

What are you talking about? I haven't quoted Carlos so how can you say it's not what he said?

"A lot of people who write on social media don't go to games'", well a lot do.

'"It's not a representation of what we feel in the stadium'". My point was that people in the stadium do feel this way from my experience, but choose to vent their frustrations on a different platform rather than spend their match day screaming at the manager abusing him. 

“There is a difference between social media and reality. I know I have full support of the fans in the stadium". There is a difference yes, but there are also similarities. He doesn't have the full support of people in he stadium, fans booing and chanting Carlos out at away matches. He must realise that's not normal unless people actually want him gone. As I keep repeating If social media didn't exist, the atmosphere at games would be much worse.

"If the fans weren’t with us, why would they come to the games and sing at the beginning of the games? Why? “The real fans who come to the stadium know that this makes us more strong. “We have felt a lot of support from our fans and that is the most important thing". Fans do this out of habit and support for our club. Just because me or my mates criticise Wednesday on here or via txt doesn't mean we don't support the club and want us to succeed. He doesn't have backing from us just because we choose not to slag him off in public. 

Actually read my post properly next time instead of interpreting things how you want to, so it fits in with your criticism.

FFS

1 hour ago, mozzy85 said:

or you're just an ignorant idiot. I want the club to succeed, which in turn means I want the team and manager to succeed. I like him as a person but I don't think he'll take us any further. 

What kind of supporter would I be if I want him to fail. You can talk bobbar all you like but you don't flipping know me so keep your bobbar ill informed opinions about me to yourself. 

Well said pal.

36 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Agree with the moaning but this can also relate to CC, he withdrew from social media, he’s well aware how it works, he lorded it up when things were good but when things aren’t he critersises it, you can’t have your cake and eat it, abusive stuff I don’t condone but he’s not saying that.

I guess sometimes it doesn’t translate across with his broken English so again he has to be careful what he says to the media because they can/are far worse than social media for sticking the knife in.

My advice to Carlos is not to talk about things he can’t effect but talk about the things he can.

I’ve said it many times if he succeeds I will hold my hand up BUT he has a hell of a long way to go.

:tango:

I don't understand where this cult of personality thing came from? 

When did it become essential that I thought the manager of my club was fantastic and untouchable, regardless of his performance? 

It does my swede in!

"If you don't support Carlos you don't support Wednesday"

really!?

How's about get fu*ked!?

I/you/we were all here long before him and will be a long time after. He is nothing more than the current custodian of our team. When he leaves we will all look to someone else to lead us forward...that's just how it is.

Look, I support Carlos purely because he's the manager of Sheffield Wednesday FC. I have NEVER called for any manager to be sacked; and have maintained this stance during the tenure of men a lot less capable than Mr Carvalhal. However, I reserve the right to criticise performances, transfer activity, man management and team selection where bleeding appropriate... 

Despite the last two positive results there has been plenty to be critical of lately.

Soz.

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

What are you talking about? I haven't quoted Carlos so how can you say it's not what he said?

"A lot of people who write on social media don't go to games'", well a lot do.

'"It's not a representation of what we feel in the stadium'". My point was that people in the stadium do feel this way from my experience, but choose to vent their frustrations on a different platform rather than spend their match day screaming at the manager abusing him. 

“There is a difference between social media and reality. I know I have full support of the fans in the stadium". There is a difference yes, but there are also similarities. He doesn't have the full support of people in he stadium, fans booing and chanting Carlos out at away matches. He must realise that's not normal unless people actually want him gone. As I keep repeating If social media didn't exist, the atmosphere at games would be much worse.

"If the fans weren’t with us, why would they come to the games and sing at the beginning of the games? Why? “The real fans who come to the stadium know that this makes us more strong. “We have felt a lot of support from our fans and that is the most important thing". Fans do this out of habit and support for our club. Just because me or my mates criticise Wednesday on here or via txt doesn't mean we don't support the club and want us to succeed. He doesn't have backing from us just because we choose not to slag him off in public. 

Actually read my post properly next time instead of interpreting things how you want to, so it fits in with your criticism.

FFS

I didn't say that you'd quoted Carlos.

Let's be clear about this.

If you want him out ...that's fair enough.

You go to games.. fair enough.

Crybabying on here won't get you a new coach.....have a good boooooo against Bristol and see how far you get.

The owner says he's not going.

FFS.

15 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

I was very surprised to read Carlos comments this morning, I've wanted many managers out in the past but when I'm at the games I'll always support the TEAM. even when players score I don't particularly like I'll always cheers as I support Wednesday, players & managers come & go but I'll always support my team no matter what for 90 minutes. As soon as the half-time or full time whistle goes, if I am not happy I'll boo, just what I've always done, I don't care if people have a problem with this.

Regardless of whether we are in the modern state we are in now, on the brink of administration or have an owner we all despise, I'll always support the team

Carlos is absolutely clueless if he genuinely believes what he said to the star, but I feel he may be saying things to deflect the negativity away from the team, he's actually good at that.

Imo I don't think Carlos will take us up, he's tried twice & failed, I see nothing to suggest he'll do it this time but if he does somehow do it I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong, I just call it how I see it & he's got a lot wrong, his style of football is boring & predictable, it's not something I enjoy watching.

We may have played well at Villa but 1 really good performance every 4 or 5 games doesn't make me change my mind at all, even if we went on a Derby county run & won 4 on the spin, I don't think my opinion will change until we are promoted (I think unlikely to happen this season) Carlos has a good run of form in him, he's capable of putting a team together to win a good amount of games on the spin but if we look at recent history under him, any big game we'll bottle anyway which means I don't think he will take us up.

I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong however Carlos would be the first ever manager we've had to win me back round, it normally goes one way once the fanbase turn :biggrin:

This tripe keeps getting spouted and it’s becoming embarrassing. Folk will be slagging him off all season but will be “happy” if he gets us up.

Reyt support :ghoulguy:

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

This tripe keeps getting spouted and it’s becoming embarrassing. Folk will be slagging him off all season but will be “happy” if he gets us up.

But all you do is ridicule & slag people off on here? Are you oblivious to it?

I've never met you, so I cant say too much, but you come across really badly alot of the time if your interested, anyway.

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Crybabying on here won't get you a new coach.....have a good boooooo against Bristol and see how far you get.

Its not the people on this thread who are criticising CC that are 'crybabying' but his supporters. You're whining and blubbing more than anyone.

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Because it's true mate

Look I just call it how it is, from what I've seen, Carlos isn't going to take us up but doesn't mean I'm right, stranger things have happened in football

So from a supporters opinion, someone that doesn't think Carlos is the right man anymore what are we supposed to do? Vote with our feet & not go anymore until he's gone? 

I will continue supporting the team like I always will, & I've said I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

He is right when he says a lot of the moaners don't go to games. You only have to look at FB at 2pm when the teams announced to find all kind of vitriol and such questions as "why doesn't he play...(insert long term injury player here) and even "who are we playing today?" At the moment the "Too expensive to go" camp have migrated to the "Not going until Carlos is sacked camp" i.e.they were never going in the first place.

12 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

But all you do is ridicule & slag people off on here? Are you oblivious to it?

I've never met you, so I cant say too much, but you come across really badly alot of the time if your interested, anyway.

I will aim at folk who’re going OTT needlessly and pant wetting. Some of the crap/ vitriol aimed at our owner/ manager/ players and club is downright pathetic and this is allegedly from fans of our club! If it needs calling on, I will say it.