King Carlos : putting my thoughts into words.

Guest BULGARIA
27 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I don't understand where this cult of personality thing came from? 

When did it become essential that I thought the manager of my club was fantastic and untouchable, regardless of his performance? 

It does my swede in!

"If you don't support Carlos you don't support Wednesday"

really!?

How's about get fu*ked!?

I/you/we were all here long before him and will be a long time after. He is nothing more than the current custodian of our team. When he leaves we will all look to someone else to lead us forward...that's just how it is.

Look, I support Carlos purely because he's the manager of Sheffield Wednesday FC. I have NEVER called for any manager to be sacked; and have maintained this stance during the tenure of men a lot less capable than Mr Carvalhal. However, I reserve the right to criticise performances, transfer activity, man management and team selection where bleeding appropriate... 

Despite the last two positive results there has been plenty to be critical of lately.

Soz.

Well said that man/woman.

Guest mrbluesky
14 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I will aim at folk who’re going OTT needlessly and pant wetting. Some of the crap/ vitriol aimed at our owner/ manager/ players and club is downright pathetic and this is allegedly from fans of our club! If it needs calling on, I will say it. 

1EA42033-89C0-4DD2-9AAE-E010BF68C56C.jpeg:tango:

Edited by mrbluesky

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

You're a good poster bluesteel.. what..in this instance do you find vague in a verbatim post?

FFS.

I was referring to Carlos’ comments.

It is a bit vague almost as if he doesn’t know who he’s pointing the finger at. Previously he has complained about abuse and hurtful comments on social media from a minority and this is in a similar vein. But in this instance he is seemingly referring to all general criticism online (whilst accepting criticism is part of the job in a contradictory manner) and acknowledges boos but chooses to interpret that as the fans being behind him. Clear as mud and no sign of the pressure telling at all :wacko:

I appreciate carlos adapting his 'dunkirk' spirit and fighting his corner but is he really niave enough to think that people who attend the games week in week out dont use forums, twitter or bookface.....?

come on lad, sharpen thesen up.....

Interesting that Carlos refers to comments made by paying fans criticising him as cowardly when those very same fans are often critical of the cowardly tactics that have been employed by Carlos for almost all of our games this season, where we come out and play boring, slow and negative football, looking almost terrified to go a go for for it in case we go a goal down (which ironically we usually do).

I go to games and I get behind the team from the off (I always have and I always will) as does everyone who sits near me on the North Stand but we'll have to see a lot more of matches where we start on the front foot (like we have recently) if Carlos is to win myself and many others around me back over... especially after the utter humiliation we suffered in the Sheffield derby.

Aston Villa away was an excellent performance but I need to see more of this to genuinely believe that we have turned a corner, as looking back to last season our away win at Newcastle was sandwiched in between two abysmal performances at home to Rotherham and away at Preston demonstrating perfectly who frustratingly inconsistent we can be under Carlos.

1 minute ago, Lythamowl said:

I appreciate carlos adapting his 'dunkirk' spirit and fighting his corner but is he really niave enough to think that people who attend the games week in week out dont use forums, twitter or bookface.....?

come on lad, sharpen thesen up.....

Is Carlos on Twitter/Facebook etc?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I was referring to Carlos’ comments.

It is a bit vague almost as if he doesn’t know who he’s pointing the finger at. Previously he has complained about abuse and hurtful comments on social media from a minority and this is in a similar vein. But in this instance he is seemingly referring to all general criticism online (whilst accepting criticism is part of the job in a contradictory manner) and acknowledges boos but chooses to interpret that as the fans being behind him. Clear as mud and no sign of the pressure telling at all :wacko:

Reading it again..he couldn't be more clear imo mate.

Wether you think he's right or wrong is a different matter....

FFS.

54 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I didn't say that you'd quoted Carlos.

Let's be clear about this.

If you want him out ...that's fair enough.

You go to games.. fair enough.

Crybabying on here won't get you a new coach.....have a good boooooo against Bristol and see how far you get.

The owner says he's not going.

FFS.

'Twas implied sir. 

I want him to succeed, just have reservations about it. Understandable ones that are shared by quiets a few of the fan base. 

I dont attend many games anymore btw, used to for years. Now I found it too expensive and tend to enjoy my Saturdays in other ways, not that we ever kick off at 3 o'clock Saturday anyway. 

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

'Twas implied sir. 

I want him to succeed, just have reservations about it. Understandable ones that are shared by quiets a few of the fan base. 

I dont attend many games anymore btw, used to for years. Now I found it too expensive and tend to enjoy my Saturdays in other ways, not that we ever kick off at 3 o'clock Saturday anyway. 

Fair enough.

FFS.

26 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Doesnt matter whether he is or isnt neil, attacking social media in 2017 is not exactly scorched earth progress is it?

Not at all

My take on it is:

All those who slag off social media all tend to be on social media

All those slagging of Owlstalk on Owlstalk are always on Owlstalk

Carlos says every single person in the stadium have always been behind him - yet I've seen so many of them on social media criticising him and calling for him to leave

Those who say people on social media don't go to games are a bit fick innit. Especially when they're saying so on social media

Thing I learnt many years ago at the start of the internetz and since is not to criticise any platform as you are always wrong. Whether you're on twitter, facebook, owlstalk, other forums, facebook groups, down the pub etc etc - there are many differing opinions from those who do and dont' go to games.

I've got friends who are North Standers who sit and point at the West Stand. They're very much 'All those on social media don't go to games' (they say that on social media of course) and are always of the opinion that you should back the manager and team no matter what and never criticise. Recently they've all been screaming for Carlos to go too. (on social media)

I couldn't care less really what Carlos has said. I just find it bizarre that Wednesday fans would ever echo those sentiments and applaud him (on social media and the internet of course but hey..)

Even more important - Carlos has just alienated all those who cant' afford to go games, all those abroad, all those who have to work instead of getting to games, all those disabled who can't get to matches etc etc etc who all want to participate and have their say.

And what about all those who pay out their money to watch the games on I-Follow? They watch every game (often from better angles than the fans at the game)

I think Carlos comments are unnecessary, alienate a significant number of Wednesday fans, and he would have been better shutting up and maybe making those comments once he'd got us promoted and not after two wins after his worst period as manager where he appeared to not be worth twenty pounds anymore.

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not at all

My take on it is:

All those who slag off social media all tend to be on social media

All those slagging of Owlstalk on Owlstalk are always on Owlstalk

Carlos says every single person in the stadium have always been behind him - yet I've seen so many of them on social media criticising him and calling for him to leave

Those who say people on social media don't go to games are a bit fick innit. Especially when they're saying so on social media

Thing I learnt many years ago at the start of the internetz and since is not to criticise any platform as you are always wrong. Whether you're on twitter, facebook, owlstalk, other forums, facebook groups, down the pub etc etc - there are many differing opinions from those who do and dont' go to games.

I've got friends who are North Standers who sit and point at the West Stand. They're very much 'All those on social media don't go to games' (they say that on social media of course) and are always of the opinion that you should back the manager and team no matter what and never criticise. Recently they've all been screaming for Carlos to go too. (on social media)

I couldn't care less really what Carlos has said. I just find it bizarre that Wednesday fans would ever echo those sentiments and applaud him (on social media and the internet of course but hey..)

Even more important - Carlos has just alienated all those who cant' afford to go games, all those abroad, all those who have to work instead of getting to games, all those disabled who can't get to matches etc etc etc who all want to participate and have their say.

And what about all those who watch on I-Follow? They watch every game (often from better angles than the fans at the game)

I think Carlos comments are unnecessary, alienate a significant number of Wednesday fans, and he would have been better shutting up and maybe making those comments once he'd got us promoted and not after two wins after his worst period as manager where he appeared to not be worth twenty pounds anymore.

Great post. 

A manager's best response is through wins and results.

Speaking like he has is divisive and unessessary.  

Edited by Bodhidharma

38 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Reading it again..he couldn't be more clear imo mate.

Wether you think he's right or wrong is a different matter....

FFS.

I think he’s becoming the championship equivalent of Wenger, in his own reality which is supported by those above him. 

He will likely have us there or thereabouts for top six which is decent. With a bit of luck we might eventually crack a playoff campaign too. But it wasn’t his remit in August which was to try and do a Brighton. His philosophy when it works is spectacular but frustrating when it doesn’t, resulting in continual embarrassment against “lesser” sides and the derby just topped it off.

He removed himself from twitter when he was getting abuse last season which was uncalled for and still is, so I was hoping he was referring to comments of that nature. But perhaps not. 

4 hours ago, davidhirst1867 said:

Totally understand where he's coming from, but many fans on social media also do go to the games and he doesn't have the full support of everyone that goes

Or certainly fans who go to the home games and then follow Twitter/Facebook for away games 

On the back of a few poor home displays you can understand people venting frustration with such as the Bolton result whether they were there or not

Guest We Shall Overcome

So any body who dare criticize him on social media, is a 'Coward' how Hippocratic is that, as he is using the "Main Stream Media"to try and 'Bully' Fans into stop voicing their opinion, what an absolute liberty.        

I wonder what word you would use to describe his Tactics at Huddersfield?as they certainly were not 'Brave 'in fact quite the opposite 'Cowardly' springs to mind and ultimately cost us a Play off final appearance.     

He needs to start his 'Crowing' when he actually achieves something at 'Wednesday' and not when we are still sitting in Mid table in the Championship.P.S. His Assistant Lee Bullen is one of the biggest users of 'Social Media' to spread his opinion, he is he a 'Coward' as well?.  

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

He is right when he says a lot of the moaners don't go to games. You only have to look at FB at 2pm when the teams announced to find all kind of vitriol and such questions as "why doesn't he play...(insert long term injury player here) and even "who are we playing today?" At the moment the "Too expensive to go" camp have migrated to the "Not going until Carlos is sacked camp" i.e.they were never going in the first place.

True. You get a fair amount tweeting from the game too though. Especially when Adam Reach supposedly flicked the Vs at them for being unhappy with his effort at 10 vs 11. 

2 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

So any body who dare criticize him on social media, is a 'Coward' how Hippocratic is that, as he is using the "Main Stream Media"to try and 'Bully' Fans into stop voicing their opinion, what an absolute liberty.        

I wonder what word you would use to describe his Tactics at Huddersfield?as they certainly were not 'Brave 'in fact quite the opposite 'Cowardly' springs to mind and ultimately cost us a Play off final appearance.     

He needs to start his 'Crowing' when he actually achieves something at 'Wednesday' and not when we are still sitting in Mid table in the Championship.P.S. His Assistant Lee Bullen is one of the biggest users of 'Social Media' to spread his opinion, he is he a 'Coward' as well?.  

IMG_1862.JPG

• Haha 1