Aston Villa - V - The Wednesday OMDT

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

I think Liam Palmer is unlucky to lose his place 

I thought he played ok the other day barring his crossing which was abysmal 

Mind i think Hunt is the better player 

The problem Palmer has is that along with Lees, Bannan and Hooper - I think Hunt has been an extremely consistent performer this season.

Taken in isolation a point would be a great result today, however now we are playing catch up we could do with a win.

Would have gone Rhodes and Fletcher, giving Hooper a rest and put him in on the bench today, a chance for Rhodes to play alongside a target man, hopefully get a goal and boost his confidence. Joao and a Hooper coming on later would be hard to play against if needed.

Only other change I would have considered is maybe dropping Wallace and bolstering the right hand side using Hunt and Palmer.

Just been into the Villa club shop (I buy a badge at every ground I visit) and to say it puts ours to shame would be understatement of the century. Every sort of product you can imagine, millions of kits, with dozens already printed with the name of every member of the squad on the back, loads of tills, plus another trailer outside with printed kits and a separate ticket office for each stand to reduce queueing. Unbelievable how bad ours is by comparison.

5 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Interesting line up... hmmmmmm.

No doubt we shall see, I fancy it to work though.

Would love to see Joao get on sex nd half and puff the old knacker Terry right out.

lol

UTO.

Joao sexing  Terry will knacker him out I'm sure

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Totally unbalanced going away to Villa without a holding midfield player.

unforgivably naive and we'll pay for it.

He had your extra holding midfielder in 3 of our 6 always. One point won. It doesn’t work. It invites pressure.

Playing Wallace and Reach wide(ish) gives us an out down both sides rather than one.   Much  harder to defend against. Much harder to press against. 

Hope you are wrong this aft. 

Just now, Holmowl said:

He had your extra holding midfielder in 3 of our 6 always. One point won. It doesn’t work. It invites pressure.

Playing Wallace and Reach wide(ish) gives us an out down both sides rather than one.   Much  harder to defend against. Much harder to press against. 

Hope you are wrong this aft. 

So do I lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We'll see how he does against a decent team I guess.

Hopefully he will have a stormer.

Because if we do defend properly we always have a chance with those two up front.

It's difficult to defend properly with "slowmo" Loovens in the side. He may have the brain for a defensive game, but he's found out too often for lack of pace.

14 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Wallace more of a central midfielder, that’s why he keeps his place.

CC doesn’t like pacy out and out wingers 

...surely that hat has sunk in by now

It certainly has mate. It boils my wee wee that we don't have a genuine winger in the squad. No finer sight  in football for me than a winger skinning the fullback. Have the roger can you have a football team without the option of one of your players being able to take someone on? It's something the local journo's should be pulling CC on.

18 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Just been into the Villa club shop (I buy a badge at every ground I visit) and to say it puts ours to shame would be understatement of the century. Every sort of product you can imagine, millions of kits, with dozens already printed with the name of every member of the squad on the back, loads of tills, plus another trailer outside with printed kits and a separate ticket office for each stand to reduce queueing. Unbelievable how bad ours is by comparison.

Years in prem and large amounts of money sloshing around consistently?

Afternoon All

Barbara Bach and a kitchen garden in one post.

Supreme Snoots.

COME ON YOU WE CAN BE GOOD FOR 20 MINUTES WHEN WE WANT WEDNESDAY...

Edited by Flat Owl

5 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

I am shocked that Rhodes is playing having read here yesterday by the Owlstalk ITK's that Carlos was bringing 

Fletcher back in and how CC's decision was appalling WTF:

I really enjoyed reading ‘Bet he will be dropped next game’ 17,000 times in every thread since Tuesday. 

21 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Plenty to learn from there