Carlos reaction to today - interview with Rob Staton on Radio Sheffield

As I stated on another thread, maybe bringing a rusty Loovens back and straight into the team without easing him back in gently was what cost us today. Glen hasn't kicked a ball in a competitive game all season and can't be up to par as far as match sharpness or fitness is concerned, I know we look a bit rudderless with out him and miss his leadership, especially at the moment when things are going wrong, but maybe wasn't the best judgement pushing him in the deep end before he's back in the swim a little. lol

47 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Blame the ref 

Blame the ref 

Repeat 

Repeat

Repeat 

we can blame the ref for not knowing the double jeopardy rule. By the letter of the law the red should be rescinded it wont of course.

Went shopping in Nottingham with the wife .. Spoke to a sober Derby fan on rain home and his words were... 

You our pass it sideways a lot , game was over after 5 mins as you offered nothing. He mentioned tempo Pigs played at Bramall Lane vs our play . I felt like hitting with our lasses Primarni bag but he is right ... Our whole ethos is wrong at moment 

Plenty of verbal diarrhoea in recent weeks. But I did feel sorry for him today, a nightmare start and down to ten for pretty much 90 mins yet we could’ve got a point. 

Referees have got to start doing their jobs properly. At Bolton I’m sure that wasn’t given because the ball hit him (ref) seconds before and he felt awkward.

Today if he has given one for Loovens cutting across his man clumsily then the same must apply at the other end. 

We are not doing well enough regardless of referees but they have made this a lot harder.

24 minutes ago, darra said:

we can blame the ref for not knowing the double jeopardy rule. By the letter of the law the red should be rescinded it wont of course.

Of course it won't be rescinded because it was the correct decision......not knowing the rules is one thing but publicly slating the ref for a decision he got right because you don't know the rules is embarrassing 

Watching Millwall v Birmingham now... Very little quality on show and yet we struggled against one of these teams a few weeks ago.

I guess that this as as good as we are although, given the talent in the squad, we should easily be in the top six.

7 minutes ago, canyoujust said:

Went shopping in Nottingham with the wife .. Spoke to a sober Derby fan on rain home and his words were... 

You our pass it sideways a lot , game was over after 5 mins as you offered nothing. He mentioned tempo Pigs played at Bramall Lane vs our play . I felt like hitting with our lasses Primarni bag but he is right ... Our whole ethos is wrong at moment 

Shopping with wife sounds more interesting than the garden variety pablum CC peddles in every presser.

Do tell.  Some Marks and Sparks?

33 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

As I stated on another thread, maybe bringing a rusty Loovens back and straight into the team without easing him back in gently was what cost us today. Glen hasn't kicked a ball in a competitive game all season and can't be up to par as far as match sharpness or fitness is concerned, I know we look a bit rudderless with out him and miss his leadership, especially at the moment when things are going wrong, but maybe wasn't the best judgement pushing him in the deep end before he's back in the swim a little. lol

I have to agree with this and said the same walking back to the car. 

As for the game, I felt we played ok, particularly bearing in mind we were down to 10 men and stifled Derby for the most part. More passion, more desire, but sadly little creativity or pace. 

The issue is not today as you can get a bad ref decision. We did at Birmingham but were awful anyway. The issue is not putting teams like Birmingham and Bolton to the sword with abject displays, then not getting points at ok teams like Derby. 

As for promotion, I have written off my bet placed at the beginning of the season as I think we will miss out. Won’t stop me going, just being realistic. I think the next two home matches are now massive. If we dont mail both Barnsley and Millwall, I will start looking below us rather than above us. And as much as I like the fella, I will hope for a replacement coach.

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Will he be making the same noises when we are mid table in January.

Not his fault. etc etc etc

We cannot retain this guy any longer.

Patience only goes so far.

Mine ran out after Huddersfield shambles.

Even the strongest Carlos fan must be realising this isn't going to end well.

Our season is almost over.

If we don't act quickly this is going to spiral out of control.

How many more games before he goes?

Yes .. I grant you Carlos is a tad under pressure.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Zero shots on target.

For Christs sake they had 15?shots from a team of 11 we had 11 shots with ten men plus two stonewall penalties that's two more shots and possibly two goals please quote relevant stats not what just suit your agenda 

Edited by Copthorneowl