Anniversary watches

Sometimes a lack of quality can have a positive effect on value when time's involved (no pun intended). Imagine in 20 years when most of them have conked out just how sort after a working one would be! 

Just kidding, I'm sure they'll be pretty decent. I hope so seeing as I've order one!

Edited by chazzyowl
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Well I've ordered one for young un as a Xmas present but at £1500 not a cat in hells chance he would have been getting one.

Personally think they look OK, Not sure when he will wear it as his other watch was £400 but he wanted one.

Well appears young un hasn't got one now!!!

I can have an alternative but it's not 150years limited edition anymore. 

6 minutes ago, bobbobbins said:

Me too!!

Commercial side at SWFC is just a joke now. WTF?

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent order of the limited edition 150 years Sekonda Chronograph watch.

It is with regret that we must inform you that your order has been processed within a quantity over and above the original 150 units on sale.

Unfortunately, an error within our ecommerce site allowed orders to be processed after the stock of 150 watches had sold.

We are currently investigating with our epos/ecommerce provider as to how this error was allowed to happen while seeking assurances it will not be repeated in future.

In the meantime, we will be offering full refunds of all affected transactions and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Alternatively, we are pleased to offer a second option should you wish to accept in the shape of a second Sekonda Chronograph watch.

There will be aesthetic changes to this product, which will be:

-          Royal blue dial

-          150th crest appearing as a full colour logo

-          No limited edition numbering, however, remaining exclusive to all affected orders

Should you wish to purchase the second watch, your original online order details will stand.

Should you wish to pursue the refund option, please email: megastore@swfc.co.uk before Saturday 14th October and this will be promptly processed. Please use this method only if pursuing a refund.

Finally, once again we offer our sincere apologies for this error and trust that the options outlined above will help you reach a satisfactory outcome.

Please note: The second watch will also be processed on a pre-order basis and delivery to SWFC is expected in mid-January, shortly after the original product. All orders will be despatched at the earliest possible opportunity.

SWFC_1393_v1

• Haha 1

Me too. I wouldn't mind but I got my order in almost straight away! What an f ing shambles! They can shove their replacement watch offer too.

23 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Looks like I got lucky. Ordered one for my Dad and haven't (yet) received the email from SWFC.

It's a shame what has happened. Poor form on the commercial side of things. Again.

I'm like you , just waiting now for Wednesday watch version of a dear John letter . It takes a special type of uselessness to get everything wrong . The law of averages states something must get done spot on . 

You can have the non unique watch at the same price though if you wish.

:ph34r:

I've been a supporter of the commercial side while changes have been going on.

But not anymore nothing improving and actually getting worse aswell as not learning from the mistakes so now it's become a joke, to blame the ecommerce site for it is laughable even of true. 

There always seems to be someone to blame, kit producer, ecomms site, sondico etc etc.... 

I would sack the lot, not so much the staff in the store as it's not their fault but everyone above them. Quite obviously these people are not upto it now. 

Edited by tuttuttut

3 hours ago, chazzyowl said:

Sometimes a lack of quality can have a positive effect on value when time's involved (no pun intended). Imagine in 20 years when most of them have conked out just how sort after a working one would be! 

Just kidding, I'm sure they'll be pretty decent. I hope so seeing as I've order one!

Are you saying how they'll be sort of sought after?

Just received my cancellation as well.

Ordered on the first day. Begs the question how many were ordered, and why it's taken them a week to discover the error.

Another blinding example of the sheer amateurism on the commercial side.

I don't think the alternative offer will be over subscribed.