Anniversary watches

Sadly as much as I welcome Mr C over the available chancers that was around at the time he really needs to get some serious football minded people in to run the club for him, not just the commercial side, it all.

I still reckon he will get it right if he gets some help in.

Edited by steveger

1 minute ago, steveger said:

Sadly as much as I welcome Mr C over the available chancers that was around at the time he really needs to get some serious football minded people in to run the club for him, not just the commercial side, it all.

I still reckon he will get it right if he gets some help in.

He has staff he needs to allow delegation 

His cash input to the pitch and team has been amazing but it's fairly obvious that his focus is totally pitchside  the actual day to day commercial stuff is seeming to be completely messed up despite ffp protestations 

2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Think my head has one of those and it’s been left to me when was it made trying to see if it same

75ish I think. Was wearing it one day and it stopped. Took it to a jewellers who took the back off. There was a metal plate covering the balance wheel. A screw had come loose and the plate had come away. Then one of the hands came away. So as I said it literally fell apart. 

5 minutes ago, darra said:

75ish I think. Was wearing it one day and it stopped. Took it to a jewellers who took the back off. There was a metal plate covering the balance wheel. A screw had come loose and the plate had come away. Then one of the hands came away. So as I said it literally fell apart. 

That’s pants well sounds same as my gdads (didn’t mean to type head first time haha) prob same watch then I’ve got it when it’s passed down to me I’ll not wear it considering what you’ve said lol 

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

He has staff he needs to allow delegation 

His cash input to the pitch and team has been amazing but it's fairly obvious that his focus is totally pitchside  the actual day to day commercial stuff is seeming to be completely messed up despite ffp protestations 

Let's not forget that almost nothing has been done on the commercial side for 15 years or more. I will take time to get things right. He has probably been naive in think doing everything in house would be better. As for the watches they would've been better putting out a statement ala Glastonbury that demand was so high that they sold out very quickly and refunds would be made ASAP and leave it that. Then when the 150 watches had been shipped offer the others at something like a £100. 

Edited by darra

3 minutes ago, 33 said:

How can it need to take time to get the blooming obvious done right?

The absolute basics are a shambles.

Needed two months tops not two years and still waiting

nearly 3 years ...shambles sums it up perfectly 

They are Sekonda, and they are British company, the actual watch without the Wednesday stuff added is between £65 and £75 depending where you buy.

If we have a brill season every chance of flipping em and double ya dosh....if we have a brill decade, they will be worth over a grand in 10 yrs lol

Especially with the limited edition, presentation case...not ott I thinks

32 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

They are Sekonda, and they are British company, the actual watch without the Wednesday stuff added is between £65 and £75 depending where you buy.

If we have a brill season every chance of flipping em and double ya dosh....if we have a brill decade, they will be worth over a grand in 10 yrs lol

Especially with the limited edition, presentation case...not ott I thinks

Sekonda originally were Russian watches (in the 60's) 

And are distributed on licence by Sekonda UK 

They are however all made in Kong Hong (as dad used to call it:biggrin:)

In ten years time if you get a grand  for it then well done 

Really think the club could have gone for a higher marque Watch to do this as a Limited edition item....

Loads of UK manufacturing companies are now based in the far east, or eastern Europe.

First thing I thought, should have gone for an up market brand, Rolex, or Breitling if pushing the boat out especially with such a low production run. I thought they ought to have done 150 top end and 150 mid-range...summatt for all pockets. But who am I how to tell a billionaire businessman how to sell stuff

http://www.sekonda.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=Static.history

Guest Manwithastick

Yeah 'cos Rolex or Breitling (or Panerai, Patek Philippe, Audmars etc.) would do a limited edition with SWFC :laugh:

Edited by Manwithastick

27 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Yeah 'cos Rolex or Breitling (or Panerai, Patek Philippe, Audmars etc.) would do a limited edition with SWFC :laugh:

Just what I was thinking. Also a couple of weeks ago people were complaing  about the club charging £850 for a painting by a world renowned artist. Now some are saying the club should be knocking watches out at nearly twice that. 

Edited by darra

9 hours ago, darra said:

Let's not forget that almost nothing has been done on the commercial side for 15 years or more. I will take time to get things right.

Commercial side may have been pretty poop

But we always had kits and merchandise in the shop

It might take time but currently taking time has made things ridiculously worse

It has never ever been anywhere near as bad from a commercial aspect

1 hour ago, darra said:

Just what I was thinking. Also a couple of weeks ago people were complaing  about the club charging £850 for a painting by a world renowned artist. Now some are saying the club should be knocking watches out at nearly twice that. 

World renowned Artist? up until the Dream scene launch I'd never heard of the bloke..

As for the watches I think a Breitling or Rolex is a tad high end (I'm sure though there would be a few could afford one on here?)

However a Citizen or Seiko special edition would have gained a bit more interest I would have thought ?and still been affordable ...

30 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

World renowned Artist? up until the Dream scene launch I'd never heard of the bloke..

As for the watches I think a Breitling or Rolex is a tad high end (I'm sure though there would be a few could afford one on here?)

However a Citizen or Seiko special edition would have gained a bit more interest I would have thought ?and still been affordable ...

Fair point

• Thanks 1