Anniversary watches

8 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

I've got a limited edition Guiness watch  lol 

Thanks for reminding me trevi. Time to go for a pint after being abducted by Owlstalk again for the last two hours, lol .

By the way, WHERE'S OUR FECKING CHATROOM ?????????????????????

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

The value of a Sekonda starts low and rapidly heads to zero.

I wear a Rolex Submariner, but for years at work I wore a Sekonda in rather arduous conditions and never had a moments problem with its performance........................

.....................and yes, I have bought one of the Anniversary watches.

Guest Manwithastick
3 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

I wear a Rolex Submariner, but for years at work I wore a Sekonda in rather arduous conditions and never had a moments problem with its performance........................

Deepsea Sea Dweller checking in.

Again a missed opportunity

I get the 150 thing and £150 but it doesn't really bring much revenue in.

Sekonda are decent every day watches but aren't really going to appreciate in value.

At a run of 150 there was always going to be plenty of takers and more so for a reasonably modest (in the circumstances) cost of £150. If the run was 1500 or 1863 they would probably still sell with Christmas coming up and that would've put over £200/250k extra revenue in the pot.

Pretty sure that with an appropriate mid-range manufacturer they could have done the 150 limited edition for £1,500 or £1,863 a pop and still sold them which is another > £225/£275k

Many different options.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 33 said:

Sekonda are decent every day watches but aren't really going to appreciate in value.

At a run of 150 there was always going to be plenty of takers and more so for a reasonably modest (in the circumstances) cost of £150. If the run was 1500 or 1863 they would probably still sell with Christmas coming up and that would've put over £200/250k extra revenue in the pot.

Pretty sure that with an appropriate mid-range manufacturer they could have done the 150 limited edition for £1,500 or £1,863 a pop and still sold them which is another > £225/£275k

Many different options.

Why not make it a run of 1857 ?

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

And what was its sell on value?

4 hours ago, 33 said:

Many different options.

Exactly this.  I said this to my mrs when she asked if I wanted one.  I wear a Tag day to day and as nice as a Sekonda might be, it's never going to be worth more than the £150 I'd pay the club for it.  And would I swap my Tag for wearing it everyday?  Nope.

Had they gone with a £1500 range I'd have been way more likely to dive in.  And 150 at £150 is utterly pointless.  

Just not bothered...

21 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

That’s great, I didn’t say anything about performance though, I just responded to the OP’s comment about it potentially increasing in value which it will not.