Anniversary watches

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

World renowned Artist? up until the Dream scene launch I'd never heard of the bloke..

As for the watches I think a Breitling or Rolex is a tad high end (I'm sure though there would be a few could afford one on here?)

However a Citizen or Seiko special edition would have gained a bit more interest I would have thought ?and still been affordable ...

teehee i'm world renowned my paintings are all over the world , perhaps in toilets  but they all count lol 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, steelowl said:

TBH I really like the idea of a celebration watch perhaps a better one than the one they c*cked up 

They should re introduce the gold lottery watch I posted a pic of earlier something that lasts and can be handed down 

30+ years later still works wore it everyday for 20 years I don't wear it everyday now just for special matches but I doubt the sekonda will last unless kept in a box 

Anyone else got the gold plated lottery watch ?

I missed your pic but I've got a gold Wednesday watch from around 30yrs ago

21 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

I hope everyone cancelled their orders then mine will be a very limited edition of one... it'll be like having an ultra rare pressing of a cancelled vinyl run

$$$$$

Bit like my copy of the Pistols "God Save the Queen" on A&M with Police "Walking on the Moon " on the B side .worth a fortune 

Got a few spare copies I will send you one :tango:

20 hours ago, darra said:

Let's not forget that almost nothing has been done on the commercial side for 15 years or more. I will take time to get things right. He has probably been naive in think doing everything in house would be better. As for the watches they would've been better putting out a statement ala Glastonbury that demand was so high that they sold out very quickly and refunds would be made ASAP and leave it that. Then when the 150 watches had been shipped offer the others at something like a £100. 

How hard can it be to order 150 watches?

SWFC Commercial Office: We want 150 limited edition watches to celebrate our glorious 150 years, what can you do for us? Bare in mind not one of us who works here has got a scooby what we're doing because of the last 15 years or summat like that.

Supplier: Errm, ehy???... You can have 643 at 30 notes a chuck...While you're here, do you fancy some cycling shirts?

SWFC: We're a football club, what do we want cycling shirts for?

Supplier: Well...umm, err...they are blue and white and Chris Froome is sort of English.

SWFC: Brilliant, we'll take the lot...Do you meck home kits?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Walt said:

How hard can it be to order 150 watches?

SWFC Commercial Office: We want 150 limited edition watches to celebrate our glorious 150 years, what can you do for us? Bare in mind not one of us who works here has got a scooby what we're doing because of the last 15 years or summat like that.

Supplier: Errm, ehy???... You can have 643 at 30 notes a chuck...While you're here, do you fancy some cycling shirts?

SWFC: We're a football club, what do we want cycling shirts for?

Supplier: Well...umm, err...they are blue and white and Chris Froome is sort of English.

SWFC: Brilliant, we'll take the lot...Do you meck home kits?

It isn't hard to order the watches or sell them. Let's be honest they were always going to sell out very quickly. Where they have fallen down is what has happened after they've reached 150 sales. As I said what they then should d have done is posted on the OS that as expected interest in the watches was huge and they sold out very quickly. People who were unlucky will be refunded ASAP. There will be a number of the same watches available which will not be numbered. If you are interested in purchasing one of these at a reduced price please contact the club on *********. Job done. I do think there is a modicum of feet stamping tantrums from some who didn't get one tbh. 

Edited by darra

On 07/10/2017 at 10:00, steelowl said:

TBH I really like the idea of a celebration watch perhaps a better one than the one they c*cked up 

They should re introduce the gold lottery watch I posted a pic of earlier something that lasts and can be handed down 

30+ years later still works wore it everyday for 20 years I don't wear it everyday now just for special matches but I doubt the sekonda will last unless kept in a box 

Anyone else got the gold plated lottery watch ?

So where's this pic then? My mum had the ladies watch as well. 

3 hours ago, darra said:

It isn't hard to order the watches or sell them. Let's be honest they were always going to sell out very quickly. Where they have fallen down is what has happened after they've reached 150 sales. As I said what they then should d have done is posted on the OS that as expected interest in the watches was huge and they sold out very quickly. People who were unlucky will be refunded ASAP. There will be a number of the same watches available which will not be numbered. If you are interested in purchasing one of these at a reduced price please contact the club on *********. Job done. I do think there is a modicum of feet stamping tantrums from some who didn't get one tbh. 

Obviously it is. They have taken orders for more than the limited 150, It's pathetic. You have highlighted a scenario that no one apart from your good self could have ever foreseen...that demand would outstrip supply...who'd  have thought it eh? It really is basic stuff to get right, sell only 150 of the limited edition watches and like you say have a back up option for the ones who missed out. 

18 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I missed your pic but I've got a gold Wednesday watch from around 30yrs ago

here you are mate

hope you love yours too - would have to be quite a bit of cash to separate me from this 

Darra's fell apart after couple of years apparently 

IMG_3494.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

here you are mate

hope you love yours too - would have to be quite a bit of cash to separate me from this 

Darra's fell apart after couple of years apparently 

IMG_3494.JPG

That's the one strap was dark blue though. My mother's  was same but obviously smaller dial. No idea where they are now. 

Edited by darra

1 minute ago, darra said:

That's the one strap was dark blue though. My mother said was same but obviously smaller dial. No idea where they are now. 

yeah had three replacement straps over the 30 odd years 

oh and new glass winder and workings :biggrin:

(homage to trigger )

• Haha 1