We will hammer United

Guest RocketOwl

We manage the ball far better than utd,our managers far too savvy for wilder,and weve got ALL the quality,no doubt wilders rested his two strikers ahead of this must win game,shows what a to$$er he is,coz its backfired against a very average norwich.

Lets see how passionate they are when we inflict more pain,Reach will tear this lot a new arse,Hoopers scoring for fun.

No contest

• Like 1

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

We manage the ball far better than utd,our managers far too savvy for wilder,and weve got ALL the quality,no doubt wilders rested his two strikers ahead of this must win game,shows what a to$$er he is,coz its backfired against a very average norwich.

Lets see how passionate they are when we inflict more pain,Reach will tear this lot a new arse,Hoopers scoring for fun.

No contest

All very true,but I don't share the overwhelming confidence many appear to have. There is no competition as far as the 11 on field players are concerned, pound for pound our players are much better. However, they will be in our faces from min one. Not a moment to think or move. There is no  doubt that we struggle against that sort of side. Any side that tries to bully us, give us little time & space often tends to get the better of us.

Now, should they decide to play football and actually come at us,I believe we'll pick them off quite easily & hit them on the counter. One bonus IMHO is that Wilderness will be too emotionally involved, yet our Carlos will be detracted from that, and be more savvy. 

12 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

People talk like its 1984 and you can kick and bite yourself to victory

Their 'fans' clearly think it's still 1984.

Huge mob of the scum waiting outside the away end, ambushed Norwich fans coming out and apparently 3 ended up in hospital.

SYP nowhere to be seen as usual. (Can you imagine a gang of Owls being allowed to mob outside the Lepps away exit)

Their 'fans' clearly think they can do what they want and there is a bit of a pattern emerging here.  Did it at Middlesborough, attacking families and the like, same at Bolton by all accounts and assume they think they will be able to bring it on on Sunday.

I reckon they are so out of touch having lurked in the shadows for so long, that some of their scummers won't remember a proper Derby and will assume it is them and only them that can rouse passion and that we are the quiet respectable ones.

We need to re create the atmosphere of the last time we played them, from the minute their coach arrives (where someone stuck a toy pig under the windscreen wiper), Mob their coach so they have to drive in really slowly and when they get off the bus let them know what they are in for. Then transfer this into the ground early doors, get there early and get it building to a deafening Hillsborough crescendo as kick off approaches. 

It seems peace has broken out among our various factions on here so let's use this and show the scum who's city this really is. Both on & off the park.

I'm optimistic but don't lose sight of what happened in 91/92 with our team full of internationals. However, Carlos has shown previously that he can pull off a tactical masterclass as shown against Benitez's Newcastle twice. I think he might do so again, not that I am comparing that lot to the Geordies but the magnitude of the game is similar.

22 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

All I have to say on the upcoming Derby, is that we will hammer our little neighbors.

We are better than them in every single department. They do not have one player that would get in our squad let alone team. Our array of strikers is like shopping at Waitrose, whilst they are shopping at Aldi.

We have nothing to worry about - just look at their team. Do you really think Tom Lees is going to struggle against Bill Sharpe, do we really think Reach won't be bombing past their slow right back, do we not think Bannan is going ti run circles around whoever they have in midfield.

All Carlos has to do is get our lads up for it!

Personally I'm not going to set myself up for a big fall, but it would be nice if we did them

Edited by pgmetcalf

Looks like Billy Blunt might be injured so we could be up against 11 players nobodys ever heard of! And apparently Wilder got sent off as well so he might not be able to stand in the dugout, swear at our staff and shout at their cloggers to hoof it high and kick our players off the pitch

So basically a team who rely completely on their pashun might be without their pashun! Might have to change prediction to 3-0 minimum...

I am never confident ahead of a Derby because they are always close. 

The way things are falling for them I think it's almost in the script that they get something from the game. 

Nonetheless I think we are a much better side technically but as we saw against Huddersfield a team with energy and nothing to lose can give us a headache. If we score first we mustn't play attack vs defence again.

Would love to give them a hammering. Bit of payback from Friday, was at a job down in Nottingham, they had some thick blunt(was wearing a united training top). Core drilling holes out through the floor. Didn't bother to go check it was clear where he was drilling, or barrier the area off/have a watchman as they should do as his mate had gone home. Leathered mine and my mates toolbags, jackets and drawings in concrete slurry thick barsteward could have injured someone badly if they'd have been working below.... Kind of special them blades. Grrrr 

5 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Personally I'm not going to set myself up for a big fall, but it would be nice if we did them

That's my view entirely, I'm surprised to see older Owls sticking their necks so far out especially with the scorline. It looks like they may be in a bit of a mess with injuries but as I've said before, I've seen better Owls teams than this under better managers than Carlos lose to inferior United teams. 

Derbys can go either way, that's how it's always been and a 1-0 win for us will be great and anything better will be a bonus. Talk of a 5-0 cakewalk whilst not impossible is extremely unlikely, and I think talk of it being a formality just raises daft expectations and could  even put undue pressure onto any of our players foolish enough to read this forum and other social media. UTO.

On 9/16/2017 at 10:04, RocketOwl said:

All I have to say on the upcoming Derby, is that we will hammer our little neighbors.

We are better than them in every single department. They do not have one player that would get in our squad let alone team. Our array of strikers is like shopping at Waitrose, whilst they are shopping at Aldi.

We have nothing to worry about - just look at their team. Do you really think Tom Lees is going to struggle against Bill Sharpe, do we really think Reach won't be bombing past their slow right back, do we not think Bannan is going ti run circles around whoever they have in midfield.

All Carlos has to do is get our lads up for it!

Which he won't.

Tufty on the other hand will have them ready to run through brick walls as it's their Cup Final. He also rested half their team yesterday in preparation for it. 

It won't be that easy for us.

9 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Their 'fans' clearly think it's still 1984.

Huge mob of the scum waiting outside the away end, ambushed Norwich fans coming out and apparently 3 ended up in hospital.

SYP nowhere to be seen as usual. (Can you imagine a gang of Owls being allowed to mob outside the Lepps away exit)

Their 'fans' clearly think they can do what they want and there is a bit of a pattern emerging here.  Did it at Middlesborough, attacking families and the like, same at Bolton by all accounts and assume they think they will be able to bring it on on Sunday.

I reckon they are so out of touch having lurked in the shadows for so long, that some of their scummers won't remember a proper Derby and will assume it is them and only them that can rouse passion and that we are the quiet respectable ones.

We need to re create the atmosphere of the last time we played them, from the minute their coach arrives (where someone stuck a toy pig under the windscreen wiper), Mob their coach so they have to drive in really slowly and when they get off the bus let them know what they are in for. Then transfer this into the ground early doors, get there early and get it building to a deafening Hillsborough crescendo as kick off approaches. 

It seems peace has broken out among our various factions on here so let's use this and show the scum who's city this really is. Both on & off the park.

This! we are to soft half the time. Need a Brighton esque atmosphere

There's lots of confidence on our side - and rightly so but most have us know enough about derbies to know that - more often than other fixtures - the form book means el zippo. That's worked in our favour in two promotion winning seasons that I can remember and they are very happy memories (79 and 2012) and that's why I like it when we are underdogs v them but it's not quite the same this time. We are a few points behind them but (gulp) I'm guessing most impartial observers would say we have the better squad and - if anything - we are the more in-form team. So there is a worry on that account.

Having said that, Sheffield derbies are the laxative of last resort anyway, so bring it on and let's enjoy it!:laugh: