We will hammer United

Guest RocketOwl

27 minutes ago, Ryan1980 said:

My only concern with this game is they have a manager who will get them pumped up for this match with him being a piglet and Carlos not knowing what it means to the fans

I think this is exactly what will happen - we'll go out as normal and find ourselves a goal down after 20 mins

20 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

No doubt we have a better squad. My biggest worry is Wilder has them up for a battle and a fight and Carlos plays it down.

This is my concern

On paper we are vastly superior in every department, but sometimes it comes down to who wants it more

25 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I think this is exactly what will happen - we'll go out as normal and find ourselves a goal down after 20 mins

Do you seriously think the players won't be up for it? Even if Carlos does his usual trick in the big games the reception from the fans will be unlike anything most of the players have experienced at Wednesday. 

28 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Do you seriously think the players won't be up for it? Even if Carlos does his usual trick in the big games the reception from the fans will be unlike anything most of the players have experienced at Wednesday. 

It had no effect when they walked out to 6,000 Wednesdayites at Deepdale and it being the first game of the season.

If that made no impact what makes you so sure it'll not be too complacent next week?

Hope I'm worrying over nothing but Carlos needs to be drilling into our players just what this means.

Problem is to him it doesn't mean the same as it does to Wilder.

We shall see and just hope we turn up.

I prefer to take the wind out of the blunts sails at this stage.

This banter business has the habit of biting you on the arris. 

I remember giving it the big one before we faced them after we'd been promoted in 91. On paper 4 or 5 goals to nil seemed reasonable. 

Us with one of the best midfield in the division. Them with...well. ..John Gannon and fat idler Glyn Hodges. ...us with some of the best defenders in England and them with.....Adrian littlejohn. 

Should have been no contest but we came away bloodied and battered physically and in terms of the score. 

No. I've been telling all the blunts I've met this week that they are firm favourites. They have momentum, they're in form,  they have a blunt at the helm who knows what it means. 

They don't know how to reply. 

And if we do win....THEN they will be getting the full gun from yours truly. 

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

8-0 Wednesday

Question: Is a Derby any different for the players given that 90% the majority aren't from Sheffield

Even with a load of foreign players and non-locals on the pitch, the atmosphere will be totally different, as all derbys are. With social media, the build up will give any new players a few clues to the importance of the game, and as soon as the whistle goes they'll quickly realise that's it's a bit different to playing Preston at home on a Tuesday night. So the answer to your question is yes, it is different.

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Eh?

Yep, big mistake on my part.

Of course I knew we were playing Cardiff today, but for some reason I had in my head we were playing Leeds on Tuesday.    I have no clue where I got that from, but obviously it's not the case.

HAD it been the case I would stick with what I had said!

However, we are beating Cardiff at this moment in time,  and I do actually think that a win today and if United lose (as they are at this moment also) then momentum plays a part.    

But yes, I made a howler and I don't know how!

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I prefer to take the wind out of the blunts sails at this stage.

This banter business has the habit of biting you on the arris. 

I remember giving it the big one before we faced them after we'd been promoted in 91. On paper 4 or 5 goals to nil seemed reasonable. 

Us with one of the best midfield in the division. Them with...well. ..John Gannon and fat idler Glyn Hodges. ...us with some of the best defenders in England and them with.....Adrian littlejohn. 

Should have been no contest but we came away bloodied and battered physically and in terms of the score. 

No. I've been telling all the blunts I've met this week that they are firm favourites. They have momentum, they're in form,  they have a blunt at the helm who knows what it means. 

They don't know how to reply. 

And if we do win....THEN they will be getting the full gun from yours truly. 

agreed mate, after we lost 2 0 at the lane i couldnt wait to get them back to ours. 1 3!!  I still have nightmares about it lol