We will hammer United

Guest RocketOwl

3 minutes ago, northderbyshireowl said:

My opinion is the handful of wins they've had are due to confidence and momentum. Once that dissipates, and I think it will when we win Sunday, they will be lucky to stay mid-table.

You may be right on a couple of points.

Have you seen much of them?

Bullen has a big part to play for this game, the last thing we need is our lads playing like rabbits in headlights, Bullens roll is massive (pardon the pun) they've got to get the lads up for it because you can bet your bottom dollar wilder will have done his best to fire the blunts up and it will all come down to which team has more fire in their bellies, forget form, forget the cost of the players it will all be irrelevant, in fact, i'm going to tweet him to make sure he's doing just this. He's got to get it into their heads that they're going to walk on that hallowed turf and kick the f,,, out of anything that moves.

Guest RocketOwl
4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I just get nervous. So much at stake. These games are so unpredictable. Everything goes out the window in these games. We've been waiting 6 years for this. They will be so up for this they will either implode (hopefully) or play out of their skins(hopefully not)

3-0 to us as they will be overawed by the occasion.

*They've been waiting 6 years'

1 hour ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

(in fact, i'm going to tweet him to make sure he's doing just this. 

Thank god for that, everything will be ok now.

FFS I'm not sure how some of you lot get through the days

Just now, Eastleigh Owl said:

Get back under the sheet the nurse is on her way.

I've had a reply from him anyway:manager:

What's it say 'leave me alone or I'll block you'?

It'll be interesting to see how Wilder conducts himself Sunday after his fit of pique at the weekend over a disrespectful bus driver/team sheet.

Its not the first time that Chris has felt aggrieved. Here's a little extract from the Halifax Courier, it must have happened around say 13\14 years ago (Stevie Haslam was probably playing for the Shaymen then). It wasn't his finest hour. I can just about recollect a picture of him spread across the back page of the local rag laid out sparko after the incident.

Alus wore his heart on his sleeve did our Chris. The report went on to say.

'The 2-1 victory at Chester, Conference leaders, was perhaps the performance of the third round, but they ran into Staines Town for what proved to be an untidy affair. The original tie was scheduled for 1 February, but despite Staines having travelled up to the Shay, heavy rain left standing water on the pitch and the match was called off with the Middlesex club claiming Town didn't fancy playing.

Wilder felt that Staines had shown a lack of respect, and the match was eventually staged on 10 February.

Staines forced a 1-1 draw but with fixtures piling up the replay was deemed necessary just two days later. It proved to be the most dramatic Trophy game Town were involved in.

Staines took a two goal lead only for the Shaymen to claw their way back with Andy Farrell scoring an injury time equaliser to force extra time. Craig Midgley's 102nd minute penalty saw Town through but the drama didn't end there. As players celebrated Wilder was knocked unconscious, the blow allegedly struck by Staines striker Kezie Ibe , though a resulting Court case found him not guilty of assault'

How I wish I could find that photo of him fast asleep in his technical area, you boys would have a field day photo shopping away.

FFS C'mon Wednesday lets put this lot back in their place and back in the shadow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Bullen has a big part to play for this game, the last thing we need is our lads playing like rabbits in headlights, Bullens roll is massive (pardon the pun) they've got to get the lads up for it because you can bet your bottom dollar wilder will have done his best to fire the blunts up and it will all come down to which team has more fire in their bellies, forget form, forget the cost of the players it will all be irrelevant, in fact, i'm going to tweet him to make sure he's doing just this. He's got to get it into their heads that they're going to walk on that hallowed turf and kick the f,,, out of anything that moves.

A lot of our squad have had experience in big derby games. A few in tyne-weir, some in old firm, quite a few of our squad have experience in either international football or big premier league games. This collective experience should certainly count on sunday. I don't know their team very well - as I couldn't really care less about them generally, just so long as long as they lose I'm happy - but I'd doubt many of their team will have been in a game anything like the steel city derby before.

Most teams coming off the back of a good season, will ride the crest of that wave for the start of the next season. Unless they heavily invest the bubble always bursts. The pig's bubble burst on Saturday and Wilder knows it. His post match ramblings were that of a scared man leading a depleted, weak and unready set of troops, into a battle against a bigger, older and better army.

Who are their main men? A past it league one forward? Jordan's baby? Seriously?

Bring. Them. On.

3 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

A lot of our squad have had experience in big derby games. A few in tyne-weir, some in old firm, quite a few of our squad have experience in either international football or big premier league games. This collective experience should certainly count on sunday. I don't know their team very well - as I couldn't really care less about them generally, just so long as long as they lose I'm happy - but I'd doubt many of their team will have been in a game anything like the steel city derby before.

Most teams coming off the back of a good season, will ride the crest of that wave for the start of the next season. Unless they heavily invest the bubble always bursts. The pig's bubble burst on Saturday and Wilder knows it. His post match ramblings were that of a scared man leading a depleted, weak and unready set of troops, into a battle against a bigger, older and better army.

Bring. Them. On.

Gooo on lad - great post.

58 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

It'll be interesting to see how Wilder conducts himself Sunday after his fit of pique at the weekend over a disrespectful bus driver/team sheet.

Its not the first time that Chris has felt aggrieved. Here's a little extract from the Halifax Courier, it must have happened around say 13\14 years ago (Stevie Haslam was probably playing for the Shaymen then). It wasn't his finest hour. I can just about recollect a picture of him spread across the back page of the local rag laid out sparko after the incident.

Alus wore his heart on his sleeve did our Chris. The report went on to say.

'The 2-1 victory at Chester, Conference leaders, was perhaps the performance of the third round, but they ran into Staines Town for what proved to be an untidy affair. The original tie was scheduled for 1 February, but despite Staines having travelled up to the Shay, heavy rain left standing water on the pitch and the match was called off with the Middlesex club claiming Town didn't fancy playing.

Wilder felt that Staines had shown a lack of respect, and the match was eventually staged on 10 February.

Staines forced a 1-1 draw but with fixtures piling up the replay was deemed necessary just two days later. It proved to be the most dramatic Trophy game Town were involved in.

Staines took a two goal lead only for the Shaymen to claw their way back with Andy Farrell scoring an injury time equaliser to force extra time. Craig Midgley's 102nd minute penalty saw Town through but the drama didn't end there. As players celebrated Wilder was knocked unconscious, the blow allegedly struck by Staines striker Kezie Ibe , though a resulting Court case found him not guilty of assault'

How I wish I could find that photo of him fast asleep in his technical area, you boys would have a field day photo shopping away.

FFS C'mon Wednesday lets put this lot back in their place and back in the shadow.

Wonder if he'll do a Warnock circa 2001 and turn up to Hillsborough in full blades kit. 

Classless scrubbers.

13 hours ago, Internationowl said:

Exactly, nobody knows. Sharp, Leon, a sh!t goalkeeper and 8 other nondescript scrappy little battlers with zero ability, gunna be funny watching them chasing shadows all game