Positives and negatives

vulva

Thought we played well tonight, against a very good side. They were my tip to be the surprise outfit this year, and they will finish top 8. They will also take points of a lot of the top sides, who underestimate them. 

Our back 4 were excellent, Jack Hunt MOTM. 

Negatives is them bleeding boards. For those sat in South, low down, the view is shocking. All you can now see, on 3 sides of the ground is a glare, and on many occasions you can't make out players, or the ball. They are far too bright for night matches, in comparison to the floodlights. Fine if you're higher up, or on the North etc. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Thought we played well tonight, against a very good side. They were my tip to be the surprise outfit this year, and they will finish top 8. They will also take points of a lot of the top sides, who underestimate them. 

Our back 4 were excellent, Jack Hunt MOTM. 

Negatives is them bleeding boards. For those sat in South, low down, the view is shocking. All you can now see, on 3 sides of the ground is a glare, and on many occasions you can't make out players, or the ball. They are far too bright for night matches, in comparison to the floodlights. Fine if you're higher up, or on the North etc. 

The advertising boards seem to affect the whole ground...From the Kop i keep thinkin' the lights have gone dim and come back on again....

I thought our back four looked disjointed at times.

Lees seemed to play 3 yards behind the others at times - which caused us problems. Van Aken started nervously (went to ground too early in the first half 2 or 3 times) but improved as the game wore on. His range of passing was really impressive. Hunt was very good and Reach, as ever, put a shift in.

I guess it will take a bit of time for the back line to develop as a unit. 

Regarding the electronic boards, do we actually advertise any other companies that aint owned by Mr C ?... aint been yet so don't know, just every time I've watched any highlights its always our own stuff, i fail to see how they will bring in any meaningful income at this level at the moment.

But I know nothing, just like Jon Snow... :biggrin:

Edited by steveger

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

In principle, I've no problem with the boards. Income etc. My issue is that they are far too bright, and I'm very surprised at ground level where the dugout are that they can see anything. 

Maybe that's why Carlos is sat in the stands...

Nothing like a bit of sportsmanship with the opposites manager.. lol

6 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

I sit low in the north and can't see the ball when it's at either end of the pitch!

We sit 20 rows up on kop and lost track of ball when it was at far end especially when adverts were very bright. Loads mentioned it around us. 

Brentford look really good when they are allowed to play their game, like in the first half. When you put put pressure on them like we did for the first 20 minutes of the second half they look a little uncomfortable. Still a good side though, and I can't see them struggling, they just need someone up top who will put the chances away.

6 minutes ago, Libertine said:

I sit on the kop towards the top of the bottom section and when the ball was moved quickly at the leppings lane end I couldn't see it. 

And why have they made the font so small on the score board? 

Plus one for the font...needed binoculars from Kop.

8 minutes ago, Libertine said:

I sit on the kop towards the top of the bottom section and when the ball was moved quickly at the leppings lane end I couldn't see it. 

And why have they made the font so small on the score board? 

This, on both points.