SAM WINNALL looking for loan move away from SWFC

Looking at this as either SW or FF is a bit binary - whatever happened in training should now have been sorted by the club, and the two players should move on.

SW doesn't really fit the striker profile which CC seems to like - either big hit man or poacher who plays off the big man's shoulder. When Dave is getting above you in the pecking order you got to start thinking about your future.

2 hours ago, PMason85 said:

Poor lad. 

Leaves a good thing at Barnsley, playing well, scoring goals, valued.

Comes here, barely gets a chance and looks like hes getting forced out because of the ar$ehole that is FF.  

I do agree with what you have said but rumours have it SW was a bit of a bully at Barnsley 

Just now, Animis said:

Looking at this as either SW or FF is a bit binary - whatever happened in training should now have been sorted by the club, and the two players should move on.

SW doesn't really fit the striker profile which CC seems to like - either big hit man or poacher who plays off the big man's shoulder. When Dave is getting above you in the pecking order you got to start thinking about your future.

Why the hell did we buy him then? You have to ask. 

Its like buying a softop when you want an estate

I think the club always saw the Winnall deal, as a business one.

He doesn't fit the mould for the squad. Technically he's severely lacking, he's a player that'll thrive in teams that looks to counter and use the space in behind.

Wednesday don't get that. Our strikers need to be able to play in tight spaces, and Winnall doesn't possess that.

But, at £500k, I'm sure Chansiri thought.."We can't lose with this deal." He was never going to be a long term signing. If we can get rid of him 6 months after signing him, and make £3-4m on him, he would have been a very shrewd move at the time.

I've no doubt he could go on and score goals at another Championship club. 

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why the hell did we buy him then? You have to ask. 

Its like buying a softop when you want an estate

He was available, top goal scorer in the league at that point, and Hooper was injured. Not much of a gamble for the alleged fee, and even though we tripled his wages, he was only on 20 park drive, packet of wine gums and part ownership of a whippet at Barnsley.

2 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Yea let him go..We have big dave as all his lovers on here keep reminding us.

FFS

Let FF go.hes a liability now 

big dave.haha just think if Winnall goes FF goes and Rhodes go we will be really going back 5 years never mind top 6 we will have all on staying up 

with our back up strikers what will be left at the club,no wonder all the blades at work wan't Carlos to stay FFS

Signed incase the Rhodes deal fell through.

Nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

Works hard. A grafter. Does actually get on the end of things. Though not a proper clinical.

Think he will make a decent player for someone.  Just don't think it's us.

If we were to break even or a small profit then nothing lost for us.

And nothing lost for him as he'll have earned a few bob along the way. It'll give him a little leverage with a contract at his next club.