SAM WINNALL looking for loan move away from SWFC

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Don't blame him... plays, scores, dropped.

The last game he played he was pretty poor, Nuhiu was more effective in his 25 minutes on the pitch and Rhodes scored 2. All 3 were dropped for the next game.

He knew what he was letting himself in for in terms of competition for places but chose to take the £15,000 a week pay rise. 

1 hour ago, PMason85 said:

Poor lad. 

Leaves a good thing at Barnsley, playing well, scoring goals, valued.

Comes here, barely gets a chance and looks like hes getting forced out because of the ar$ehole that is FF.  

Is there a limit to how many times I can agree with this.

4 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

Its good to see a player who wants to play and not just pick up his wages 

He was guaranteed a game at his previous club but moved at the offer of 4 times his wages. I doubt he will make any loan move without us and the club involved paying 100% of his current wage.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The last game he played he was pretty poor, Nuhiu was more effective in his 25 minutes on the pitch and Rhodes scored 2. All 3 were dropped for the next game.

He knew what he was letting himself in for in terms of competition for places but chose to take the £15,000 a week pay rise. 

Completely agree in regards to Nuhiu that game. Just seems a pattern with our forwards if they go one game without scoring it's chop and change. 

2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Completely agree in regards to Nuhiu that game. Just seems a pattern with our forwards if they go one game without scoring it's chop and change. 

That's the problem with having too many options. Hooper has to play at the moment as he offers more than just goals. Fletcher has started the season pretty well and Rhodes clearly benefited from having a big lad alongside him last time out. Winnall and Fletcher seem pretty similar to me in that they both have a tendency to miss decent chances but both offer a threat. Winnall will work the channels more but I just feel Fletcher is more likely to get a goal when he plays. 

I would keep Forestieri over Winnall as a choice but if Fulham do offer anything like £15M for FF then I would take that if we could get a genuine wide player with pace or an attacking midfield goal scorer in and then keep Winnall. 

2 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

But...but...Sam tries really hard.

Makes sense to let go of a player who really wants to be here and keep one who couldn't give a throw.

And then fans cry about the lack of player loyalty in football

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Think Winnall has been a victim of our slapdash squad building.

Think he's a good, honest pro and I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out.

It'd be Sheffield Wednesday's loss.

Agreed

Always the risk this with such a scattergun approach to recruitment.

He will go somewhere else and no doubt do well.