SAM WINNALL looking for loan move away from SWFC

9 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Firstly he spends more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

Secondly I just don't see this dynamic link player that some do, for me he dosnt contribute enough, he goes missing in matches.

And thirdly, I think if you look at the stats Winall has a better goals to games ratio over the last 3 years.

Just my opinion for what it's worth, that's what football is all about after all.

Last 3 seasons - 

Winall played 133 scored 68 (mainly in League One).

Hooper played 134 scored 87 (mainly in the Scottish Premiership and The Championship).

12 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Firstly he spends more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

Secondly I just don't see this dynamic link player that some do, for me he dosnt contribute enough, he goes missing in matches.

And thirdly, I think if you look at the stats Winall has a better goals to games ratio over the last 3 years.

Just my opinion for what it's worth, that's what football is all about after all.

I'd advise just watching Hooper for 15 or so minutes during a game (it's usually boring so you'll not miss owt). Imo he is very clever at what he does, links midfield to attack, wins balls he's no right to, sticks his harris everywhere and wins free kicks. He's stopped making so many of those forward runs he used to as no one bothers passing to him when he's gone in behind. His goals record is as good as most so no worries there if we were to play him just as a striker.

12 minutes ago, markowl said:

Last 3 seasons - 

Winall played 133 scored 68 (mainly in League One).

Hooper played 134 scored 87 (mainly in the Scottish Premiership and The Championship).

I stand corrected BUT in the last 3 years Hooper has scored approx 38 goals, he left Celtic in 2013, Winall has 50+ to his name.

Look, we all veiw things differently, if we didnt then it would be a very boring life, we all have our favourite players and players that we think should do better.

I was disappointed that Winall was let go, I think given a decent run in the team he would score as many if not more than any other striker we have, we'll never find out.

Lets hope he does terribly at Derby and he dosnt come back and bite us on the bum . lol

Hooper is a better player than Winnnall.

I didn't think Sam was a bad player, but unfortunately for him the writing was pretty much on the wall the moment Rhodes was brought in.

He was only ever going to be fourth, third choice at best.

He wanted to move in any event, so those bemoaning his loss are either doing so for the sake of it, or have come down with a significant case of Paul Heffernan syndrome.

Him moving on means we bring in some cover in central midfield (where we needed it) with a player who has plenty of Championship experience.

Can't see how we lose on the Winnal deal.

We bought him for £500k and simultaneously ended the play off push of a rival.  He's already worth 4x that now.

If he does great at Derby he'll be scoring against all our rivals but can't play against us, then we can either call him back or sell him on for a huuuuggee profit.

Meanwhile we've still got 4 strikers the whole division would be envious off (Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri); the problem is not them IMO as they're all class players with proven records, its the service they get so if we can only address that problem ...

34 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

I stand corrected BUT in the last 3 years Hooper has scored approx 38 goals, he left Celtic in 2013, Winall has 50+ to his name.

Look, we all veiw things differently, if we didnt then it would be a very boring life, we all have our favourite players and players that we think should do better.

I was disappointed that Winall was let go, I think given a decent run in the team he would score as many if not more than any other striker we have, we'll never find out.

Lets hope he does terribly at Derby and he dosnt come back and bite us on the bum . lol

That was a fightback worthy of Staton's yesterday.

"So Wednesday didn't beat Burton - So what? I'd be interested to see how last year's promoted teams got on at Burton. It's a tough place to go." 

Someone checks - all 3 won

"Ah yes but the simple fact is there are no easy games at this level".

That's not what you said Rob!

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Hooper is a better player than Winnnall.

I didn't think Sam was a bad player, but unfortunately for him the writing was pretty much on the wall the moment Rhodes was brought in.

He was only ever going to be fourth, third choice at best.

He wanted to move in any event, so those bemoaning his loss are either doing so for the sake of it, or have come down with a significant case of Paul Heffernan syndrome.

Him moving on means we bring in some cover in central midfield (where we needed it) with a player who has plenty of Championship experience.

Whatever happened to him? Completely disappeared after he left us.