SAM WINNALL looking for loan move away from SWFC

3 minutes ago, woodys said:

I like winnall but I honestly don't think he has done enough when he has played to deserve a regular starting spot. I personally wouldn't pick him ahead of Hooper fletcher or rhodes up top

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

alleged rumours of being a pain in the ass at all clubs hes been at (inc Hillsboro) doesn't help his prospect

I feel the same. While I would rather have him as an option than Nuhiu, he certainly wouldn't get into my team ahead of the 3 mentioned above or FF and while he has scored a few goals he has also missed plenty of presentable chances. Against QPR he played well but had Nuhiu fluffed the chance Winnall did in the 1st half that would have been the main talking point and by many accounts he was pretty poor against Bolton last week.

Having too many options in attack is creating more problems than it is solving in terms of team spirit, having options is great but when you have so many in one position that someone will not even make the squad each week then it is not surprising that it has a negative impact on overall team spirit. 

6 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

What a foooooooooooookin shambles..........if FF stays and continues to act the cn£t.......then that's me done after over 53 years of hardly missing a home game............WAWAW ????.............yes unless you chose not to be.....won't play on the left.....can't be ar$ed performances....won't play threats.....refuses to go to Norwich......crap half hearted penalty..................WAWAW  ?.......yeah right !!

Wow, you really do like Sam Winnall

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

What a foooooooooooookin shambles..........if FF stays and continues to act the cn£t.......then that's me done after over 53 years of hardly missing a home game............WAWAW ????.............yes unless you chose not to be.....won't play on the left.....can't be ar$ed performances....won't play threats.....refuses to go to Norwich......crap half hearted penalty..................WAWAW  ?.......yeah right !!

So in the 53 years of watching Wednesday the one thing that could potentially end your support is the prospect of retaining Forestieri and moving Sam Winnall on?

I will go out on a limb here and suggest worst things have happened at the club since 1964.

Allegedly he's a difficult customer (as in a difficult person, not difficult when he goes shopping or something).

Needless to say I think the alarm bells were probably ringing for him when Rhodes was brought in a week afterwards.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

why has it got anything to do with FF? can you really imagine a grown man wanting to leave just because of an altercation on the training ground? lol

If he wants to play regular footy which you would assume he does then I can fully understand why he wants to move as he's  likely no higher than 4th at best in the pecking order

A loan move would be good, as long as it's not to United, Leeds or a promotion rival. It will give CC fewer options, and ease things with FF. Winnall's a cocky so-and-so by all accounts, and mardy too. Barnsley fans said that to me before he ever came here, so it's not sour grapes. I've also always had the impression that he thinks he's better than he is.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I feel the same. While I would rather have him as an option than Nuhiu, he certainly wouldn't get into my team ahead of the 3 mentioned above or FF and while he has scored a few goals he has also missed plenty of presentable chances. Against QPR he played well but had Nuhiu fluffed the chance Winnall did in the 1st half that would have been the main talking point and by many accounts he was pretty poor against Bolton last week.

Having too many options in attack is creating more problems than it is solving in terms of team spirit, having options is great but when you have so many in one position that someone will not even make the squad each week then it is not surprising that it has a negative impact on overall team spirit. 

fully agree with this as many of them are used to being first choice pretty much guaranteed starters over their careers

We currently have 4 better options in FF, Rhodes, Hooper and Fletcher to be honest. He was never going to come in and get a place by right, If he doesn't think he has the ability to force himself into the team on a regular basis above those 4 then loan him out, no shame no blame....

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So in the 53 years of watching Wednesday the one thing that could potentially end your support is the prospect of retaining Forestieri and moving Sam Winnall on?

I will go out on a limb here and suggest worst things have happened at the club since 1964.

Absolutely!  FF is a big petulant child but he has been a top player for us, especially in the 15/16 season. We bought him for £3million and his value is considerably higher now.  I would rather us keep him, manage him properly and get the best out of him in a fluid system.  I don't care what anyone says - he is one of the best players in the division when he's on it.

38 minutes ago, PMason85 said:

Poor lad. 

Leaves a good thing at Barnsley, playing well, scoring goals, valued.

Comes here, barely gets a chance and looks like hes getting forced out because of the ar$ehole that is FF.  

100 % this. I really like Winnall, hope he doesnt leave but could understand him wanting to when CC keeps dropping him from the squad.

50 minutes ago, PMason85 said:

Poor lad. 

Comes here, barely gets a chance and looks like hes getting forced out because of the ar$ehole that is FF.  

No. Problem was the club acquiring too many strikers esp Rhodes following his arrival and not getting picked. Very bad management. 

51 minutes ago, PMason85 said:

Poor lad. 

My view exactly, I rate him very highly

always plays with his heart on his sleeve sometimes it has pros and sometimes cons but he is a great finisher and also has good link

up play and I'm sure he thought this was a good move after Barnsley but no Carlos bought Rhodes unnecessary and blocked a lot his chances meaning he is wasted here really 

I've thought all long, Winnall is the most likely of our strikers to go.

He'll have plenty of suitors, and will be a very good signing for numerous Championship clubs.

He's not good enough for us. Yes he tries hard, yes he scored some goals for Barnsley. But the reality is, he's a step below what we've got and what required.

We could make good profit on him also.

And I don't get it...I feel sorry for him malarky. The guy has come here, signed a long contract and reportedly quadrupled his previous wage packet. I'm sure he's coping with the lack of opportunities, just fine.

I'll be honest, I'd much rather the club look to keep Forestieri, if it was the choice of the two. Which I'm sure it's not.

A club with any sort of ambition, doesn't choose to get rid of a immensely talented game changer instead of a trier. 

1 hour ago, PMason85 said:

Poor lad. 

Despite FF being the popular scapegoat atm, it's Rhodes keeping Winnall at the back of the queue. 

Clearly this isn't the situation Winnall signed up for, but only money forced him to sign for us 

A loan makes sense though, because FF, Rhodes and Carlos maybe gone within the year

Edited by camffiti