Forestieri to Fulham 12m

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Was it that same awesome manager who didn't get the best out of Fessi and sold him to us? My memory bad and watford go through managers quicker than most clubs. 

It was a manager who fashioned a dynamic and free scoring team that ripped the division a new one, got promoted and had a team that FF couldn't get into because there were better players playing very well

The manager did his job - his job description wasn't "whatever you do you must get the best out of FF"

Guest gizowl
19 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

More than happy to sell... just hope it's not Carlos wasting even more money

Agreed, a new manager should decide the fess issue, get him back to playing his best or spend the money wisely, Carlos capable of neither. 

1 minute ago, scram said:

It was a manager who fashioned a dynamic and free scoring team that ripped the division a new one, got promoted and had a team that FF couldn't get into because there were better players playing very well

The manager did his job - his job description wasn't "whatever you do you must get the best out of FF"

I was going to say. 

They got promoted in the season that Nando was a bit-part player. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Carlos targets the players.

How much were prepared to pay for them is out of his hands.

you'd think so. 

Idea that Carlos (or anyone aside from the owner) sanctions the exact amounts we pay is a bit fanciful imo. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

you'd think so. 

Idea that Carlos (or anyone aside from the owner) sanctions the exact amounts we pay is a bit fanciful imo. 

Though it might be better if he did.

"I want Rhodes ,boss"

"I'll get him for you. No problem"

"Ok, thanks. But just so you know, I don't want him that much that there's nothing left"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I want him. But my opinion as a coach is thst we shouldnt be paying more than £6m"

"What if they won't accept 6. I could offer ten"

"If they start getting that silly, I think we'd be better looking at our second and third choices on the target list."

Oversimplifying obviously to make the point but you get my drift. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kevan said:

He has shown that he can be a match winner (in the past) - but frankly his displays over the past 12 months have been much less impressive.  It seems that his heart isn't in it any more - at least as far as Sheffield Wednesday is concerned.  Add to this, the fact that his antics have clearly affected team morale in a negative way and to me, I see a direct team benefit to selling him at the price being quoted (albeit only by The Sun)!

If we can re-invest the money quickly to strengthen midfield and the back line, the overall improvement in the squad and possibly the first eleven (if CC can decide what that is), would be very significant. 

I agree we need someone in the middle but would rather we paid for it using Jaoa, Abdi and Matias, possibly even Winnal if he can't get in the match day squad. We should be big enough to handle Nando's antics. For me it says something about the club if we can't. You're right we can't sit on a 12m asset and we need to make it work for us one way or another. 

9 minutes ago, scram said:

I admire what he's done at Fulham, and wasn't sure if was one in same that had gotten Watford up before being unfairly let go. My admiration for him though I think is more founded than some of the admiration shown towards FF. 

I agree hes he's a good player, sometimes great. But to say he's one of the best players in the league is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. He's had his best years here so I get disappointed to read how better managers would get more out of him. 

I love ypur final final statement and wish we'd concentrate on getting more out of our team than the constant battle to get more out of one player! 

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"I want Rhodes ,boss"

"Ok, thanks. But just so you know, I don't want him that much that there's nothing left"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I want him. But my opinion as a coach is thst we shouldnt be paying more than £6m"

"If they start getting that silly, I think we'd be better looking at our second and third choices on the target list."

Are you pi ssed m'lud?lol

Edited by Eastleigh Owl

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"I want Rhodes ,boss"

"What do you mean?"

seem to remember CC saying that the price quoted was silly and we weren't in that kind of market funny that karanka didnt play him much either  

I think he was overridden by DC who went all in FFP wise on a fans' favourite  

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

seem to remember CC saying that the price quoted was silly and we weren't in that kind of market funny that karanka didnt play him much either  

I think he was overridden by DC who went all in FFP wise on a fans' favourite  

You're not the first to suggest this. 

McGugan pointed in the direction of being a gift. 

If this is the case I think it's imperative that the Hargreaves boys and their team of mods delete threads ALL about any potential players ,unless I have started it. :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

Big concern is that if we do sell FF in the coming days will we have enough time to get new players in. It has taken us so long to address the CB problem that I have doubts if we would have enough time to get deals done that maybe we didn't think we would be able to do without the money.  

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

You're not the first to suggest this. 

McGugan pointed in the direction of being a gift. 

If this is the case I think it's imperative that the Hargreaves boys and their team of mods delete threads ALL about any potential players ,unless I have started it. :ph34r: 

there has to be some credence to the notion that we have in fact run out of cash that we can spend FFP wise

Boro did the same the season before and debatably it worked I remember he scored at least one vital goal for them  you can see DC's thinking it just didn't pay off