New kit get its first run out

It's an improvement on last year's abomination. I suppose if I was an Oldham, Ipswich or Peterborough or whoever fan I would think the designers hadn't embarrassed the club. Looks nothing like us though. And yes I know we wore it once before but just because a mistake was made forty odd years ago it doesn't justify the repeating of the same mistake now.

I like the new kit

Say what u want about last years, I'm still the best looking b'stud in Ibiza in my Wednesday shirt

And also throwing in my 93 away top on special occasions 

Anyone else notice the dog botherers have come out of the woodwork this year?

wawaw

I think the home kit looked excellent in the flesh and looks better than a stripes version would have done, I know most fans dont think this but I would be happy if we developed a new(old) owls identity along the lines of this design.

I think the shirt is banging. Right blue, nice collar, suits the badge, will look ace in a long sleeve version. Don't like the shorts though - they should be black. However that's my only gripe. Yes it's not stripes but at least it's more relatable as a Wednesday kit than last year. I'd buy it.

Any news on if we'll be able to get any of the Lacatoni polo shirts or jackets? That white one from pre-season was tremendous.

While I'm a firm believer that we should always be in blue & white stripes the new kit is excellent & far better than the blue & white striped offerings that Brighton & Huddersfield will be playing in this season.

IMG_0331.thumb.JPG.4909454cbe511d02e4e4f9555c7c872b.JPGIMG_0330.thumb.JPG.17d3fae1c52d0d638870931de5ad9eb9.JPG

On 08/08/2017 at 22:31, bradowl said:

Very impressed and looked very much like the early 70s kit from when I first started going. 

I was half expecting to see Tommy Craig drill one in bottom corner of net. 

Tommy Craig, was he our first 100k signing?

The shirt from 65-72 was blue with a white round collar in cotton it's nowt like this season's effort......I'm in the blue and white stripe camp with black shorts and blue and white hooped socks now that's a kit!

I did like the look of our home kit on Tuesday, I have to be honest.

That Brighton kit still looks nice though.

However, that Huddersfield shirt! 

WTF:

Does anybody else get kaleidoscope peripheral vision when they look at it?

15 minutes ago, mogbad said:

While I'm a firm believer that we should always be in blue & white stripes the new kit is excellent & far better than the blue & white striped offerings that Brighton & Huddersfield will be playing in this season.

IMG_0331.thumb.JPG.4909454cbe511d02e4e4f9555c7c872b.JPGIMG_0330.thumb.JPG.17d3fae1c52d0d638870931de5ad9eb9.JPG

That Brighton kit is really poor - why anybody thought it would be a good idea to have a different shade of blue on the arms is beyond me. 

8 minutes ago, Watto said:

The shirt from 65-72 was blue with a white round collar in cotton it's nowt like this season's effort......I'm in the blue and white stripe camp with black shorts and blue and white hooped socks now that's a kit!

For me that's the classic Sheffield Wednesday kit, we had it when I first started watching & it will always be my favourite.

Edited by mogbad

27 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I would rather be in the same league as them, rather then wear the same shirt.