Leicester bid for George Hirst

Wednesday is in the Hirst blood...I don't know what went on with David or why he's pi••ed off but let's hope that there is enough love in the bank to keep the Hirst/Owls relationship going.

Game time would definitely help, maybe those early season cup games would be an ideal opportunity to let George off the leash.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Thought it was ominous that he didn't go to Portugal. Would have liked to see him given game time this season.

Is it more the fact that we have eleventy million strikers needing game time? The youth we have taken are defenders where we are light of bodies. Preseason is for fitness so the first team strikers all need game time.

12 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Wednesday is in the Hirst blood...I don't know what went on with David or why he's pi••ed off but let's hope that there is enough love in the bank to keep the Hirst/Owls relationship going.

Game time would definitely help, maybe those early season cup games would be an ideal opportunity to let George off the leash.

Not being funny but Hirst Snr has made it entirely clear many times that he regrets not going to Man Ure. 

7 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Guessing the management might regret weeing Hirst senior off. Can see George letting his contract run down, us getting 350k for him, 2 years time transfers to Man U or somet for 35 million and goes on to beat Rooney's scoring record for England. Only way I can see this not happening is if he gets game time for the first XI but I can't see that happening anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, richowl said:

When did the management wee wee Hirst Sr off?

He was the the one touting his son to the big boys behind the clubs back.

39 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Agreed  IMO would've been good management to keep him interested

but tbh thinking it through I was hoping that was because loan deals are maybe being discussed for him and he could go join in with whoever he's joining.

However as others have said the spat between DC and his dad is dangerous to the dream of the lad playing for us 

Is there any truth to the Hirst/ DC falling out or is it another OT Chinese whisper that has become fact?

Guest wilyfox

People are too sentimental over the kid because of daddy. Still looks like a boy to me, and probably a couple of years off making an impact here. He might not wanna wait that long, and daddy may not want him to. If he goes for BIG money and a sell-on, I'd be content. £1m is pathetic for one of the brightest footballing talents in this country. 

7 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Guessing the management might regret weeing Hirst senior off. Can see George letting his contract run down, us getting 350k for him, 2 years time transfers to Man U or somet for 35 million and goes on to beat Rooney's scoring record for England. Only way I can see this not happening is if he gets game time for the first XI but I can't see that happening anytime soon. 

Or maybe he will improve and break into the first team

So Leicester have made the first 'official' bid?

Who knows, it might trigger some kind of auction between now and the end of August

An attractive fee with favourable add-ons might tempt Mr C to sell, but in the meantime what's the rush?

He's still under contract and the only way we could reasonably match what PL clubs can offer in wages is to get promoted ourselves

I'd prefer to see him out on loan until January and then take stock from there

28 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Is it balls. He's a Barnsley lad. Hirst is the right player at the wrong time. Inevitable he will go, and it's about time we made some money in the transfer market. That mob across the city put us to shame in that area. 

Wednesday fan logic:

Don't kid that only established himself in U23 squad in the second half of last season: HE MUST BE OFF

Take and don't play kid in Portugal because there are 6 other strikers ahead of him on the team: WHY DID WE BOTHER TAKING HIM THEN

Still has 12 months left on his contract: HE'S GOING SO SOON

Kid who in reality is far from being the best in the U23 squad: WHY HE NOT START GAMES OVEER BETTER PLAYERZ IN U23s??

When we reject a £1m deal: BUT HE'LL LEAVE AT END OF SEASON AND WE GET NUTHIN!! 

Seriously, some of you are chuffing tragic. Kudos to the majority that are keeping some sort of level though process over this, and, ya know, understand how the tribunal system works for players under the age of 24 at the end of their contracts :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Seriously why would he want to stay? 

Our transfer policy means there's virtually no pathway into the first team 

I can't help but agree.

I really think he'll be off. And I think his Dad will make sure of that.