Leicester bid for George Hirst

Guest Deleted member

If we want a decent fee the best thing we can do is get him playing, either for us or on loan 

He was offered a derisory deal compared to his peers (the lads who play for England with him)  for 4 years. He rejected it. That's his choice 

5 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Absolutely no way will he be a Sheffield Wednesday player this time next season. It's obvious what's going on. 

I think we'd be better moving on, get a decent fee but insist on big sell on clause. 

This ...

22 minutes ago, striker said:

Thought it was ominous that he didn't go to Portugal. Would have liked to see him given game time this season.

Agreed although given the number of proven strikers we have at this level I think a loan move is more likely.

£1 million would be about the going rate for a striker of George's ability but 5 years older... so no thanks Leicester

We'll get more at the end of the season even if he doesn't sign a new contract, so howdya figure that one out Shakespeare? Clearly designed to try and unsettle the player

15 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Indeed it will. George will be listening to his dad who regrets to this day not moving to man utd. 

I know where you're coming from but George is only 18. If he took a 3 year contract he'd still be an up and coming player at the end of it so could make a move then if it wasn't working for him here. I've not seen him play but I guess he's well down the pecking order with the strikers we've got. I just hope we don't do a Sheff U and let a talented youngster slip through the net.

52 minutes ago, striker said:

Thought it was ominous that he didn't go to Portugal. Would have liked to see him given game time this season.

Agreed  IMO would've been good management to keep him interested

but tbh thinking it through I was hoping that was because loan deals are maybe being discussed for him and he could go join in with whoever he's joining.

However as others have said the spat between DC and his dad is dangerous to the dream of the lad playing for us 

Guest Deleted member

Hirst Snr was at  Gainsborough watching Rotherhams friendly there. Maybe a loan to Rotherham on the cards