Joao to Wolves???

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Take Joao, and Hirst who's not really part of things, out, and we would have the slowest group of strikers in the division

Because a lack of pace as prevented the likes of Rhodes,Winnall and Hooper scoring goals for fun in the past aint it?

I really can't believe the number of people who are saying that Wolves are our rivals. Where on earth did this come from? They spent £23M on two players last year and did a good job of avoiding relegation. They are splashing the cash again, so what? I think we all know that a good talented squad doesn't guarantee anything at all. They might make the top 10 but that's about all I can see at the moment.

5 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Wolves have been linked with a surprise move for Sheffield Wednesday forward Lucas Joao.

The Portuguese striker has fallen down the ranks at Hillsborough and was shipped out on-loan to Blackburn Rovers last season.

The 23-year-old could be best set to go out on-loan once more, and Wolves are a possible destination given their decision to move on from Jon Dadi Bodvarsson this month.

If they buy him outright i will drive him there myself 

Joao looked good when he first came to us. I thought we might have found a gem, shame he didn't progress. He seems to have gone backwards, couldn't hold a starting position for Blackburn at the end of last season.

Even with his pace I think we have better options. I'd be content to see him sold. Good luck to the lad for the future, shame it didn't work out, it happens. 

41 minutes ago, prowl said:

Joao looked good when he first came to us. I thought we might have found a gem, shame he didn't progress. He seems to have gone backwards, couldn't hold a starting position for Blackburn at the end of last season.

Even with his pace I think we have better options. I'd be content to see him sold. Good luck to the lad for the future, shame it didn't work out, it happens. 

His stint at Blackburn was as good as that achieved by Winnall and Rhodes for us

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Take Joao, and Hirst who's not really part of things, out, and we would have the slowest group of strikers in the division

Take a look at the Championship top scorers from last season. Wood,Murray and Kermogant are in the top 5 yet non are blessed with pace.....If you want to watch sprinters fair enough but id much rather have our group of forwards who given the type of service the above mentioned  recieved last year would all score for fun in this league...But no doubt youll come back to me saying they havent done it for 8 weeks so there goal scoring records mean nothing

Edited by curren