Joao to Wolves???

Wolves have been linked with a surprise move for Sheffield Wednesday forward Lucas Joao.

The Portuguese striker has fallen down the ranks at Hillsborough and was shipped out on-loan to Blackburn Rovers last season.

The 23-year-old could be best set to go out on-loan once more, and Wolves are a possible destination given their decision to move on from Jon Dadi Bodvarsson this month.

41 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Wolves have been linked with a surprise move for Sheffield Wednesday forward Lucas Joao.

The Portuguese striker has fallen down the ranks at Hillsborough and was shipped out on-loan to Blackburn Rovers last season.

The 23-year-old could be best set to go out on-loan once more, and Wolves are a possible destination given their decision to move on from Jon Dadi Bodvarsson this month.

I saw this mooted when the new manager came in Would be a pretty stupid move if we sanctioned a loan deal to one of our rivals. As the only player who offers real pace, we really need to keep him as an option

Edited by gurujuan

41 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Would we miss him?  Along with FF who can play up front:

• Rhodes
  • Hooper
  • Fletcher
  • Winnall
  • Joao
  • Nuhiu
  • Hirst

Personally, I think we could get over the line losing Nuhiu and Joao.  

Take Joao, and Hirst who's not really part of things, out, and we would have the slowest group of strikers in the division

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

Would we miss him?  

Did we miss him last season? Definitely not.

Would prefer to sell him though, other than clearing a bit off of our wage bill, a loan seems a bit pointless.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

I'd sell him for a big fee but would not loan him to a rival! 

If they want him they can fork out silly money.

Definitely this.  Surely they have 4 million? That's what he would cost.  The transfer fee back that we played plus extra die to his age and that he's still under contract.

They've shown they're ready to pay crazy money

If we could get £3/£4 million for him, that would fund or part-fund a top class CB coming in. We could do a lot worse...

But if loan, no. Doesn't benefit us in the slightest and Wolves could be strong this year... no point helping out a potential promotion rival

22 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

Loan but can stipulate not able to play against own team

Would be happy to see him go out on loan. Ideally, not to a team that would rival us for promotion. 

I'm still in 2 minds as to whether I rate this kid or not. Burst on to the scene and then totally got too big for his boots after the Arsenal game/Portugal call up. Attitude problem for me. 

44 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

lol love statements like this. 

Dear Football League Clubs,

Its your lucky day! Yes, you heard us right! 

We have this player whos hardly scored any goals and isnt anywhere near good enough for us but if one of you, (YES YOU!) comes in and offers us millions you can have him.

Kind regards

SWFC

Edited by poite

I'd like to see him be given one more shot.

He showed real quality in his first season here.

Would hate it if we let him go for a small fee to a rival club for it to bite us on the arse. He's still relatively young unlike our ageing strike force and has ability you can't deny that. 

43 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

Exactly, this is Wolves so easily worth £15m to them 

Personally, I would keep Joao as an option from the bench. He has a bit of pace, is a big lad and offers something a little bit different. Can't see the value in loaning him out again, especially to a rival.

18 minutes ago, DN6OWL said:

Loan but can stipulate not able to play against own team

You can ask them but they don't have to abide by it. 

You can't officially insert any such clause in a loan deal, although clubs generally have a gentlemans agreement.

In European competitions it's not allowed at all, hence why Patrick Roberts played for Celtic against Man City last season.

As for Joao, I'd keep him on the books for a another year but perhaps look at a loan deal with someone unlikely to be a rival like Barnsley or QPR.