Joao to Wolves???

2 minutes ago, g-owls said:

You can ask them but they don't have to abide by it. 

You can't officially insert any such clause in a loan deal, although clubs generally have a gentlemans agreement.

In European competitions it's not allowed at all, hence why Patrick Roberts played for Celtic against Man City last season.

As for Joao, I'd keep him on the books for a another year but perhaps look at a loan deal with someone unlikely to be a rival like Barnsley or QPR.

Are you allowed to put a clause in that says they must play him against us?

Id be more likely to do that personally. That should ensure Westwood has a day off.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I saw this mooted when the new manager came in Would be a pretty stupid move if we sanctioned a loan deal to one of our rivals. As the only player who offers real pace, we really need to keep him as an option

Not that pace is everything, I agree with you that we need pace as an option and Joao is the only attacker we have that gives us this option. I would only sell Joao if it was for daft money and we bring in someone who can add pace.

16 minutes ago, poite said:

lol love statements like this. 

Dear Football League Clubs,

Its your lucky day! Yes, you heard us right! 

We have this player whos hardly scored any goals and isnt anywhere near good enough for us but if one of you, (YES YOU!) comes in and offers us millions you can have him.

Kind regards

SWFC

Have you forgotten our sale of Stevie May? It happens...

Ideally he'll have a storming pre-season and go into the new season on fire; dilemma solved. In the likely real world however if he is surplus to requirements then a sale is the preferred route.

One caveat; Wolves brought on Afobe nicely (and MK Dons) so a half season loan and bring him back after Christmas if he's playing well. Double whammy; we get a good player whilst denting the prospects of a rival.

Guest Kameron

We should keep him and try and improve him, our only front man with any kind of pace.  There's a player in there but he lacks confidence.

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure that he wasn't missed We are so one paced it's unbelievable, even as an option from the bench he'd be useful

Don't entertain it Wednesday

Agree we are one paced but I have increasing doubts that he's the answer. Yes he has the physical attributes but there are genuine question marks. I'd agree that a season long loan to a potential promotion rival is risky and I definitely hope we'll pass on that but it all really depends on the actual deal and his pre-season form of course. He's got potential but he's not exactly the crown jewels on evidence so far.

12 minutes ago, Kameron said:

We should keep him and try and improve him, our only front man with any kind of pace.  There's a player in there but he lacks confidence.

Question is will he have enough opportunities to improve ...... playing the odd cameo from the bench. We do lack pace but unless he looks really hot in pre-season the smart option might be to bring in someone proven (with pace).  It seems inevitable that we'll be trimming our striker pool.

Edited by Dagmeister

No way, unless FFP -related or mega money, and especially as it looks like we are losing our only other target man to Fulham , Bolton or Spartak etc.

Apart from offering pace, we are light physically and he's well bulked up now and his stint at Blackburn, in a poor team, the confirm quality we saw against Arsenal. 

Loan at most, or swap for a bruiser as centre half.

55 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

A  loan would mean he wouldn't play against us. if he's as good as some on here say, then it would be good for us if he scored goals against our play off rivals. Notice I didn't say promotion rivals. 

Very sensibly might I add...lol

9 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

No way, unless FFP -related or mega money, and especially as it looks like we are losing our only other target man to Fulham , Bolton or Spartak etc.

Apart from offering pace, we are light physically and he's well bulked up now and his stint at Blackburn, in a poor team, the confirm quality we saw against Arsenal. 

Loan at most, or swap for a bruiser as centre half.

So was Audley Harrison. 

32 minutes ago, Kameron said:

There's a player in there alright. Just not a football player. Any kind of profit made would be amazing business