Joao to Wolves???

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

His stint at Blackburn was as good as that achieved by Winnall and Rhodes for us

He did OK to start with but if I remember correctly he ended up on the bench for most games towards the end.

I've nothing against him, I'd be delighted if we kept him and he came good, I just can't see it happening this year.

40 minutes ago, curren said:

Take a look at the Championship top scorers from last season. Wood,Murray and Kermogant are in the top 5 yet non are blessed with pace.....If you want to watch sprinters fair enough but id much rather have our group of forwards who given the type of service the above mentioned  recieved last year would all score for fun in this league...But no doubt youll come back to me saying they havent done it for 8 weeks so there goal scoring records mean nothing

But only one of those clubs went up, Newcastle and Huddersfield both had plenty of pace up front. Leeds, Brighton and Reading have it in other areas, it's only us that doesn't have it at all, or at least we wouldn't if we were to sell Joao. 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But only one of those clubs went up, Newcastle and Huddersfield both had plenty of pace up front. Leeds, Brighton and Reading have it in other areas, it's only us that doesn't have it at all, or at least we wouldn't if we were to sell Joao. 

Blackburn had the lightening pace of Joao but got relegated ......

look forward to your reply

42 minutes ago, curren said:

Lets be honest it wouldnt matter who we signed or played up front you wouldnt be happy would you?

Its not me who's saying sell him, I'm happy to keep all our strikers You're the one who's moaning about him

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Its not me who's saying sell him, I'm happy to keep all our strikers You're the one who's moaning about him

wrong.....ive not moaned about him iam just pointing out to you that pace is not the be all and end all 

39 minutes ago, curren said:

wrong.....ive not moaned about him iam just pointing out to you that pace is not the be all and end all 

I never said it was. It's an asset that isn't covered by any of our other strikers, who offer different things, that's why I'm saying, keep them all. Don't think we're saying different things then

17 minutes ago, curren said:

Blackburn had the lightening pace of Joao but got relegated ......

look forward to your reply

Let's be reyt, João is not lightning quick, he's probably quicker than average. Blistering pace isn't an option we have, why wouldn't you want to cover all options? 

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The difference is the teams who went up had pace with players who can also play football. No disrespect to Joao but hes not exactly the most technically talented, hes often clumsy at best. 

He may come good, and i hope he does. But i dont think he will for us, cash in the chips.

19 minutes ago, Walt said:

Let's be reyt, João is not lightning quick, he's probably quicker than average. Blistering pace isn't an option we have, why wouldn't you want to cover all options? 

Because the forward line isnt our problem its the complete lack of service ...The current bunch of forwards we have are good enough its the lack of decent balls inyo the box and the negative football we played that needs sorting

48 minutes ago, MOwl said:

The difference is the teams who went up had pace with players who can also play football. No disrespect to Joao but hes not exactly the most technically talented, hes often clumsy at best. 

He may come good, and i hope he does. But i dont think he will for us, cash in the chips.

Yes, that's very much the problem, we have a group of forwards who cover all bases, but individually they all lack something This is where we're at though, like Huddersfield, we had the opportunity to sign players who have both pace, and skill. We didn't do that

Edited by gurujuan

Suspect we will see more traffic between us and wolves given Portugal/ doyen sports connections. One of those things i guess.

i would loan him out to a championship side who will play him. There is a player in there somewhere. His miss for Portugal seemed to knock his confidence.

36 minutes ago, curren said:

Because the forward line isnt our problem its the complete lack of service ...The current bunch of forwards we have are good enough its the lack of decent balls inyo the box and the negative football we played that needs sorting

Agree with you about lack of service and the negative football. I'm sure Winnall, Fletcher, Rhodes and Hooper would score more than their fair share in an attacking set up. The way we played last season (sit back and hit on the counter) would have been suited to having blistering pace up front imo.  

Still don't get why Carlos wouldn't want the option of pace? We've got a target man (Fletcher), a poacher (Rhodes /Hooper), a link man (Hooper/FF), an X-factor player (FF) and Winnall who seems to a be a willing runner with a goal threat. If we sold Fletcher I'd argue that we needed a target man, if we sold Hooper I'd argue that we needed a link man, if we sold FF I'd say we needed an X factor player...It just seems a bit stupid in not having the full set of attributes to pick from to me.

7 minutes ago, Walt said:

Agree with you about lack of service and the negative football. I'm sure Winnall, Fletcher, Rhodes and Hooper would score more than their fair share in an attacking set up. The way we played last season (sit back and hit on the counter) would have been suited to having blistering pace up front imo.  

Still don't get why Carlos wouldn't want the option of pace? We've got a target man (Fletcher), a poacher (Rhodes /Hooper), a link man (Hooper/FF), an X-factor player (FF) and Winnall who seems to a be a willing runner with a goal threat. If we sold Fletcher I'd argue that we needed a target man, if we sold Hooper I'd argue that we needed a link man, if we sold FF I'd say we needed an X factor player...It just seems a bit stupid in not having the full set of attributes to pick from to me.

Yeah, of course it would be better if we had four strikers, blessed with pace, good in the air and regular goal scoresrs

We don't so we need to keep all the ones who offer any of those assets

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah, of course it would be better if we had four strikers, blessed with pace, good in the air and regular goal scoresrs

We don't so we need to keep all the ones who offer any of those assets

You are becoming deranged.