Joao to Wolves???

Guest Kameron
5 hours ago, thommowl said:

There's a player in there alright. Just not a football player. Any kind of profit made would be amazing business 

The way we play has made Rhodes look like a reincarnated Francis Jeffers, Winnall despite being red hot at Barnsley was turned into Colin West over night, Joao under the right system and manager could be a very good player.

7 hours ago, poite said:

lol love statements like this. 

Dear Football League Clubs,

Its your lucky day! Yes, you heard us right! 

We have this player whos hardly scored any goals and isnt anywhere near good enough for us but if one of you, (YES YOU!) comes in and offers us millions you can have him.

Kind regards

SWFC

you work for the club? Just wondered as you have an official copy of the email that got sent out. lol

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

The way we play has made Rhodes look like a reincarnated Francis Jeffers, Winnall despite being red hot at Barnsley was turned into Colin West over night, Joao under the right system and manager could be a very good player.

Even though he couldn't make a poor Blackburn starting 11

Joao is useful in that he's got pace, is unorthodox in his style and got height too.

He can draw players away and be a good foil.Rather we kept him and lost Nuhiu at least for that role.

You do suspect at somepoint he'll hit a golden run somewhere and end up with a career in the Prem or with Porto/Benfica or something daft.

Only two of our strikers scored more than ten goals for us last season, which makes those who claim we have the best strikers in the league, seem, quite frankly, pretty stupid. They are all useful, and all have different attributes, so until we can sign better, let's make use of the ones we have

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Only two of our strikers scored more than ten goals for us last season, which makes those who claim we have the best strikers in the league, seem, quite frankly, pretty stupid. They are all useful, and all have different attributes, so until we can sign better, let's make use of the ones we have

One of our "strikers" hasn't scored in what will be 18mths when we kick off the new season. That is the one that needs letting go, not a young pacy player that is just lacking confidence 

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We set up to win games 1-0 , the strikers we have usually convert one of the chances we get , I'm pretty sure if we played a system to suit themthen either one of Rhodes or Hooper could be the leagues top scorer if fit all season. 

We probably have the best set of forwards. In the league but our defensive tactics don't show them in the best light. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Joao has never been the same player since he got called up to the Portugal squad. 

I don't think it was that. He seemed to change directly after having his tooth knocked out and crying in front of everyone.

I honestly believe he doesn't like playing football with the "bigger boys" now as they're too rough.

4 hours ago, MOwl said:

The difference is the teams who went up had pace with players who can also play football. No disrespect to Joao but hes not exactly the most technically talented, hes often clumsy at best. 

He may come good, and i hope he does. But i dont think he will for us, cash in the chips.

Actually, outside of Forestieri, he probably is the most technically gifted of all our forwards. There are plenty of accusations you can point at Joao, but the lad does have ability. That we only see it in flashes, is the major problem. Certainly, I would have expected him to have made more progress than he has, and because he has the talent, it's even more frustrating. A lot of it is down to bad choices during the course of a game, something which will hopefully get better the more he plays. 

We can't wait forever for him to develop, I agree, but I have seen enough sublime moments from him, to at least give him another year before letting him go

4 hours ago, Walt said:

Let's be reyt, João is not lightning quick, he's probably quicker than average. Blistering pace isn't an option we have, why wouldn't you want to cover all options? 

He is deceptively quick. I don't recall a defender catching him.