Meeting Nuhiu

Well I once met Michail Antonio at Meadowhall made myself look a tw@t just after he signed for Forest. He was walking to loo with his missus at same time as me my missus went for pee I waited. He came down while I waited.

I had no idea what to say to him but he looked right at me I said eyup he said hi I froze thinking what do I follow up with. I ment to say what's it like up at forest. Instead it came out "what's it like up there"

he looked bemused looked up the stairs towards toilet door and replied "Ermm it's orite it's clean" then looked at his misuses she said what's he asked he replied to her asking what's toilets like. Jeeeesus I felt like a bellllllll endddd

4 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Well I once met Michail Antonio at Meadowhall made myself look a tw@t just after he signed for Forest. He was walking to loo with his missus at same time as me my missus went for pee I waited. He came down while I waited.

I had no idea what to say to him but he looked right at me I said eyup he said hi I froze thinking what do I follow up with. I ment to say what's it like up at forest. Instead it came out "what's it like up there"

he looked bemused looked up the stairs towards toilet door and replied "Ermm it's orite it's clean" then looked at his misuses she said what's he asked he replied to her asking what's toilets like. Jeeeesus I felt like a bellllllll endddd

lol

I once went for a Chinese takeaway at the New Zing Vaa up Eccy road and there was a taxi waiting outside.

When I went in there was no other than Carlton Palmer at the counter, leaning over it, ordering his chinese.  He was studying about £600 in £50 notes trying to pay for his food.

I went up to him when he'd sorted it and told him he was a legend and I always looked up to him and the team as a youngster and he said "Thanks mate".

He was Bladdered lol

2 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I once went for a Chinese takeaway at the New Zing Vaa up Eccy road and there was a taxi waiting outside.

When I went in there was no other than Carlton Palmer at the counter, leaning over it, ordering his chinese.  He was studying about £600 in £50 notes trying to pay for his food.

I went up to him when he'd sorted it and told him he was a legend and I always looked up to him and the team as a youngster and he said "Thanks mate".

He was Bladdered lol

Should have got some pennies off him :P mugged him 

I spotted Benito Carbone in Meadowhall once while he was playing for us, around Christmas time.

He was with his wife and kids with loads of shopping bags and 2 prams in tow. I had just bought a Wednesday book for my brother for Christmas.

I went up and asked him if he would autograph the book as it was a present, but as we didn't have a pen between us he suggested we go into a shop and borrow one.

We had to all go in the busy shop, queue and ask for the pen at which point he was happy to sign the book for me.

His wife looked well pissed off but he didn't care!

A gentleman and a terrific player 

10 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Hahahahahhahaa thats the sorta thing that happens to me!!!!  funny that is!

Well while we are bragging ( except lomas obviously) I had Chris waddle round to mine for Sunday dinner once. Was totally in awe but trying to be dead cool while running into the other room to ring everyone I knew to brag. 

Years and years ago I worked in Meadowhell... Use to see big Kev Pressman all the time. Presser was a regular shopper at the store I worked at, but it was more to hang around with me really cos I was so cool back then, we were dead close proper good mates. We had nicknames and everything for each other... he use to call me Adam cos that's what my badge on my shirt said... I'd lost mine so wore a random one, but it was a long running joke. You had to be there really. 

This one time I said "Ey up" and he smiled at me...

52 minutes ago, CharlieOwl said:

So Atdhe came into my work pretty late last night to grab some food with his missus.

Absolutely lovely bloke, really couldn't have been any nicer. Didn't want to bother him too much so just had a brief chat after he ate and grabbed a quick picture. 

This got me thinking what are some of your guys experiences of meeting Wednesday players (past and present). Who and where was you and did you stop and speak? Thought it could be something interesting to talk about in the dark and driery days of off season. 

Any pics of Dave`s missus ? 

Does she do a turn ? 

6 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

What's his missus like? And what did he order? Will be uproar if he ordered ice cream. 

Theres always at least one footballer in any Nando's at any time. 

She was really nice as well, think she was from Austria as well so recon they must have been together for a while. Makes a change in the footballing world.

He ordered a Mediterranean salad with hot chicken breast and a quarter chicken medium on the side. His missus got 5 wings plain and chips. Got a extra potion of thighs after as well to share. By some miracle as well you seemed to know that I do in fact work at Nandos. Apparently he's quite a regular but I've only just started working at that one so I'd not seen him before.

Met loads of the players working in Starbucks. Loovens and Giles Coke struck me as really nice and down to earth. Leroy Lita was a bit weird. Rest were just... standard. Oh Llera was reyt mardy. Semedo smelled really nice.

Met Nigel Pearson day after Leicester got promoted and he sat in the cafe reading the guardian with a face like a slapped arse

25 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

What's his missus like? And what did he order? Will be uproar if he ordered ice cream. 

Theres always at least one footballer in any Nando's at any time. 

True.

Westwood is in Middleboro Nando's now.

15 minutes ago, CharlieOwl said:

She was really nice as well, think she was from Austria as well so recon they must have been together for a while. Makes a change in the footballing world.

He ordered a Mediterranean salad with hot chicken breast and a quarter chicken medium on the side. His missus got 5 wings plain and chips. Got a extra potion of thighs after as well to share. By some miracle as well you seemed to know that I do in fact work at Nandos. Apparently he's quite a regular but I've only just started working at that one so I'd not seen him before.

Can you get me discount ? 

Juan Cobian gave me, my brother and cousins a lift to the bus stop on Penistone Rd from the training ground back in the day, probably a bit weird if that happened now! 

Gary Cahill came into the sports centre where I worked a few years ago to use it for the day while he was back visiting his parents. Changed into full Chelsea training kit! Haha. I awkwardly told him there was a limit on the front car park so he wouldn't get a ticket, cringe.