Kyle Bartley

2 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Can't help thinking that Lees is leaving, Burnley being the most likely place.

If he does it will be on our terms. We know Burnley have just got 20 odd million for Keane. They won't be getting good him on the cheap. 

24 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It would be lovely if life was simple and straight forward without the need to manipulate and play games... unfortunately it's not. 

Quite often fake stories are started by both clubs and players (their reps) to assist negotiations. This could be just that. I hope not, as the player seems (on feedback here and views of his current manager) to be better than the players we are linked with. 

Sorry that real life is cringeworthy, I too had that realisation after leaving school - it's a shame the world isnt as straight forward as it could be! 

That's it, patronise me like I'm a child... That'll get you far 

It's football transfers not a bloody war where you need to spread misinformation. If a club is playing hardball in negotiations, your club representative would just say "OK, well we'll get back to you, we're just going to follow up our interest in Bartley and see what deal works best for us" to whoever it is they're negotiating with... They wouldn't make a press release saying it lol

Just now, StudentOwl said:

That's it, patronise me like I'm a child... That'll get you far 

It's football transfers not a bloody war where you need to spread misinformation. If a club is playing hardball in negotiations, your club representative would just say "OK, well we'll get back to you, we're just going to follow up our interest in Bartley and see what deal works best for us" to whoever it is they're negotiating with... They wouldn't make a press release saying it lol

Wasn't meant to be patronising - I left school with many ideals and high hopes. They have been dragged down over a number of years, to the point where I question most things and am maybe a bit cynical. 

If football was as simple as you've stated why do they need armies (pun intended, due to the war analogy) of agents? I mean even an uneducated footballer could muster up the sentence "OK, well I'll get back to you". Seems odd that clubs/players fork out millions of pounds a year if it's as simple as that. In the last few years with our "real news" seemingly well under lock and key, the "fake news" that's been released linking us with a fair few players would be released by club insiders. I'm sure of that! 

I think we leaked some stories to strengthen our position when negotiating on other targets. I also think we have spread stories to assist DC's friends at reading (Blackman). Football like life in general and most businesses isn't as straightforward as you and I may hope for. 

I rate him. Top centre back. Think he would be a steal at that price. Think we should push the boat out. Lees and Bartley would be the best defensive partnership in the division. Let's go for it. Let's do it! It would certainly help us to press on to them higher positions. That's the aim. I am thinking. So lets get him in and one more.

11 hours ago, wilyfox said:

5.5mil is the new 350k. Bids for Hanley and Bartley in. Next will be Ayala, then we'll up our offer for Morrison. Then the fax machine will break. 

Then we buy a new fax machine for 5.5 million.

17 minutes ago, Old Woodbourn Owl said:

Oh, must have misheard, glad about that as this is a player I would love us to get, should only be allowed one Kyle per team so as not to confuse people.

Tottenham agree with you, thats why they sold Kyle Naughton . Sheff Utd got rid of two Kyle's at once so they did'nt get too confused and sold them to Spurs. So you are in good company

2 minutes ago, cookeh said:

So not what Keane's gone from Burnley..

What if.. we lose Lees for 10m, but sign Bartley and Hanley with the money?

Then we're laughing. Would be a great piece of business.

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

So not what Keane's gone from Burnley..

What if.. we lose Lees for 10m, but sign Bartley and Hanley with the money?

I would love us to sign Bartley, he would definitely improve us. But I hope we don't lose any of our best players as I feel we need stability and minimum change, just a couple of quality signings to challenge for top 2. Plus our defensive record as been very good for the past few years.