8 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Hutton would fit in with a FunFP budget

Unlike Bartley

Would anyone really sign Hutton to play behind Wallace or Boyd? 

If we had a speed merchant on the wing I could see a case but can't see this one. I think Hunt / Boyd great combo on right flank. 

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Surely no way Villa will sell him to us after the Joe Bennett saga last summer?

Nothing makes sense with that crazy Villa owner but I would imagine we're more likely to be rivals for promotion this season than we were last season. The not selling to rivals thing made no sense at the time, as they were nearer the bottom than the top and ended up selling to a mid table/bottom half rival. lol

If it's Hutton, it just confirms what I've thought about who's doing our recruitment, some Scottish tail who hasn't watched football for about five years Would be a dreadful, and a completely unnecessary signing in my opinion

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If it's Hutton, it just confirms what I've thought about who's doing our recruitment, some Scottish tail who hasn't watched football for about five years Would be a dreadful, and a completely unnecessary signing in my opinion

Have to agree with you on this one, never rated Hutton, would be no improvement on what we already have at all IMO.

8 hours ago, 19owl08 said:

Is that the same Hunt who was described by Antonio as being the best right back he has ever played with?

We haven't seen the best of Hunt as he is hampered somewhat with having Wallace in front of him. He can't go too far or overlap because Wallace can't cover for him. That could all change with Boyd on the right.

I don't really need Antonio's opinion of him because I've been watching him for the last 2 years. 

Your theory would make sense if Hunt doesn't get into attacking positions but he does. Very regularly. He just tends to waste them. 

This would be a terrible signing, Hutton is horrendous! Would be a massive step backwards imo, far too old and slow, generally a very poor player. If we are serious about challenging the top two then far better players must be signed. It's a big NO from me.

Seriously if this Hutton link is true, it's one more example to suggest  we have one of the least impressive and productive recruitment teams in the league. We seem to have scouts at Watford, Burnley and Portuguese matches or want to buy 'experienced' (older) players 'who've done it before' (past their best) for top dollar. It saddens me to see the money that has been squandered over the past three transfer windows. We never seem to be able to identify up and coming talent available from the lower leagues at more reasonable fees or even to be able to select outstanding loan players that could be borrowed from PL clubs, unlike our rivals. IMO we ought to prioritise our recruitment by recruiting a better recruitment team.

27 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Villa would love to offload Hutton, just hope we're not stupid enough to take him judging by comments by their supporters. Wouldn't want to deal with Xia anyway after Bennett fiasco. Underwhelmed if this is true,

Exactly this. Villa have been trying to get rid for years, and save on his wages. I really hope we wouldn't be so stupid to sign him. Got to be a younger better option out there.