The Marquee Friendly

42 minutes ago, PolarNigel said:

I know a lot of people on here claim to be 'ITK', but my cousin works alongside Joe Palmer and apparently it is actually the 1970 Brazilian team. 

If true I'm a bit concerned these might have a bit too much pace for us to deal with.

1 hour ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Would love it to be a little comp between heeley fc. Attercliff fc and Sheffield fc. Like the old days. Especially as heeley were the only club in our ENTIRE HISTORY to be a threat of greatest club in Sheffield

Not sure such an extravaganza would fill one row of the South Stand, never mind the ground. 

I'd rather walk to Rotherham with a nail in my shoe that watch that. 

its looking like they are trying to arrange a pointless friendly on Saturday sept 3rd all big teams players will be away on international duty and with season well under way I cant see this game attracting many at all. we need a game on Saturday 29th july against a decent euro team or 1 of top prem clubs but surely its way too late now for that to be arranged ,I think Doncaster game was moved to weds 26th july cause we have failed to arrange this . our pre season line up isn't exactly going to get players match fit is it , Mansfield 2 Portuguese clubs and dony with out big squad a few more games should have been arranged . at min club is a shambles regarding arranging a friendly ,non existent kit ,club shop, getting ground back up to at least 36k ,and season tickets ending today which I believe to be slightly down on last season. no I aint had a bad day but seeing that our new signing cant be shown wearing something swfc is just not good ,well at least he got a swfc ball which is main thing lol 

Guest Fletchers head guard

Obvious it's not going to be a big club now, anyone half decent will be in that pre season tournament in America/ Asia as per usual, and if it's on a international break weekend they'll all be on international duty. Thrilling :ph34r:

We have had 150 years to sort out this marquee fixture......... Now I would have thought that within the last year or so someone would have actually pulled their finger out and had it confirmed, sure most of the "big" clubs in Europe plan fixtures in advance and don,t just sit there waiting for SWFC,give them a call and say fancy a kick-about sometime in the summer!

Commercial dept could even get involved and promote a game marking 150 years, not many of these in the entire world.