The Marquee Friendly

3 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Why Greece? Greek philosophers? Like on that famous Monty Python football sketch between the Greek philosophers and German philosophers lol

an absolute prat I work with had a business in Greece and left about 18 months ago, but he still has contacts.    To be fair, he doesn't even like football - as I say he's a prat.   He just knows that two businessmen stayed at a hotel he has dealings with, and those businessmen were representatives of SWFC.      I'm not even the slightest ITK, they could have been there to do anything - maybe strike up some affiliate club for all I know.    I just put 2 and 2 together, came up with nothing and this is the best I can make of it.

11 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

I was thinking Greece.    I know it's not Portugal (the obvious choice) or Spain, or France, or even the USA who we played once before.    But we do did have a couple of people out there recently and they weren't scouts.

Being a Welsh Owl I just hope we don't play Wales, that would be conflicting for me, even though it would just be a friendly lol

How about fairly recent ex Wednesday players, past loanees and players with ties to the club against the current team? Could have the likes of Bothroyd and Taylor-Fletcher to draw in the crowds :ghoulguy:lol

But really, the likes of Whelan; Brunt, Antonio and Barkley, etc on the ex Wednesday XI would make for an interesting friendly.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

3 minutes ago, darklord said:

Surely if it's a national team it will be Thailand. 

Or the Brazil 1970 squad 

A tough choice :ph34r:

But the Brazilian 1970 squad would probably still offer the sterner test, even with their zimmer frames, walking sticks and electric pensioner scooters. It would be like that episode of Father Ted with the OAP football match lol

11 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

But the Brazilian 1970 squad would probably still offer the sterner test, even with their zimmer frames, walking sticks and electric pensioner scooters. It would be like that episode of Father Ted with the OAP football match lol

or charles charlie charles

25 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

We'd still pass it back to Westwood from a penalty kick. 

I saw someone comment earlier that it was an international break weekend of Sept 2nd and "not to arrange anything for that weekend as this is when it will all happen" 

He was someone who is on the steering committee and said that he would rather miss the pig match than this particular weekend!!