Biggest Club in the Championship

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

So according to most people

We've only ever won 1 League Cup

Reyt

Yes. Best most don't even know that. Bet some youngsters don't even know Blackburn won the league 

Just now, modboy said:

Yes. Best most don't even know that. Bet some youngsters don't even know Blackburn won the league 

So we cancel all our success because most people don't know it

Do they ever wonder why our crowds are so big even though we've never won anything

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Taking everything into account Villa are easily the biggest club in the championship.

Not a great deal in it between the rest they all have something to cling on to to say well thats what makes us a big club.

Edited by pazowl55

Traditionally - Villa are the biggest club.  Then it's a throw up between lots of clubs, they all have cases.

Derby have won the league more recently than us and have more season ticket holders, but they were nothing before Clough. 

Bit tiresome this topic. It's all about now and getting out of the league. 

49 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

And for all everyone who thinks Leeds are the biggest club around

Top part is Wednesday

Bottom is Leeds

IMG_6683.thumb.PNG.3feef79d4156fb9f92f7b29c59cc0118.PNG

Yes our overall domestic history is better than Leeds.

Unfortunately for us apart from the 91 Rumbelows cup (best football day ever) all our success was nearly 100 years ago our longer, Leeds was nearly all in the last 50 years.

Also you neglected to take into account European football ie finals, semis finals etc (where Leeds gained national and even worldwide support) 

I know it's all about opinions but my top 6 would be

1 Villa 

2 Leeds followed closely by

3 Sunderland closely followed by

4 us just ahead of

5 Forest

6 Wolves

The fact you could ask 100 people and get 100 different answers tells you it is all about opinions though.

Having said that Reddragonowl is obviously fishing or very young or a Blade to have below some of them clubs he mentions.

2 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Don't see the post not in these polls.

Villa

Leeds

Nottingham 

Sunderland 

birmingham

hull

Norwich 

fulham

then maybe us

wolves

no point in having these polls, they allow nobbers to give an opinion lol

I've never thought of Sunderland as a bigger club than us at any time really.  Always thought of them just below us. Depends what criteria you use but I consider History a big part of it and also post the Stadium of Light 20 years ago their crowds were never bigger than ours. The last period they were in the top League before the Stadium of light they were only average 15-20,000.

4 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I've never thought of Sunderland as a bigger club than us at any time really.  Always thought of them just below us. Depends what criteria you use but I consider History a big part of it and also post the Stadium of Light 20 years ago their crowds were never bigger than ours. The last period they were in the top League before the Stadium of light they were only average 15-20,000.

Pretty sure I have read somewhere that over both teams entire history their support is higher than ours. 

Can remember a time when they got about 12k regularly, suppose the same can be said about us in the 70s though,

Just now, OWL1969 said:

Pretty sure I have read somewhere that over both teams entire history their support is higher than ours. 

Can remember a time when they got about 12k regularly, suppose the same can be said about us in the 70s though,

Overall I wouldn't say there is much in it but I have always thought of us just being bigger and having the edge.Bias probably swings it.  

2 hours ago, SBOwl said:

The only clubs bigger than us in my view in the league would be Villa, Leeds and Sunderland.

How do you measure size anyway?

Its not all about size, at least that's what some girls say. :tango:

Who gives a feck who the biggest club is. 

Being a big club in todays football world means nowt, that's why clubs like Hull, Bournemouth, Swansea, Huddersfield, Burnley and even fecking Blackpool have been in the premier league more recent than us. 

Id rather get to the premier league and be classed as a "small club" by the likes of Leeds, Forest etc than be stuck in the FL as a "big" club. 

Villa are the biggest club.  Leeds are second but they should be the biggest club in English football. 3 professional football clubs in West Yorkshire with a population of £2.3m.  The other 2 clubs are Bradford and Huddersfield and they are only smallish/medium size clubs.  They have a huge catchment area and there is no doubt Sheffield is more of a footballing city than Leeds.  Makems are probably 3rd and we are 4th. It would be interesting if we got to the prem and we had a ground with excellent facilities as I think we could get 40k gates.