Biggest Club in the Championship

18 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

a neutral would argue that forest & derby are bigger than us

People will have their different opinions and that is fine.

Forest had an excellent 3-4 year spell under Clough but had done nothing before then or since, they've only won one league title. Derby had a good spell in the early to mid 70's but haven't done much else either.

I never get why people consider Leeds to be bigger than us . We've won more than they have and last season they averaged a few hundred more than us when we had very similar seasons mainly down to them not having stupid restrictions placed on their capacity 

take away the revie years when they cheated their way to a few trophies and they'd be unheard of 

7 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

I never get why people consider Leeds to be bigger than us . We've won more than they have and last season they averaged a few hundred more than us when we had very similar seasons mainly down to them not having stupid restrictions placed on their capacity 

take away the revie years when they cheated their way to a few trophies and they'd be unheard of 

i think leeds are bigger than us based on the supporters that dont go to matches rather than supporters that do. What i mean is that you see people in leeds shirts allover the country but not so many wednesday outside s yorks. Mind you, we tend to actually go to the games lol

This is one of the reasons I hate UTD Sheffield as a one club city would be in the top six in the country,whoever formed them deserves every sheffielders contempt.

If you put both clubs hardcore support together a one club city would get at least 40,000 a week 

I can't remember seeing Leeds shirts commonplace either when they won the League in 92 or when they had the team that got to The Champions League Semis a few years later. Man Utd, Liverpool yes. I've always thought of us and Leeds as being pretty similar overall though we should have the edge as a two team City.  What would two Leeds clubs be like?

Edited by Etchesketch

51 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

a neutral would argue that forest & derby are bigger than us

Its a great debate and no right answer but I think we are a bigger club than Derby and Forest both in History and Fanbase. Take away the Clough times of both clubs and there is not too much History.  Fan wise we have always had more.

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Sunderland,Villa and Leeds all above us.

Unfortunately, our fanbase generally lacks the ambition to be a big club.

Definitely if we got the premier and became competitive, we would hopefully attract " new young fans"

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

While the likes of us, Leeds, Villa etc fanny around pretending who is the biggest, the likes of Huddersfield, Swansea, West Brom, Palace and Watford are in the Premier League.

thats nowt to do with this debate lol

Honestly, who cares?

Does it matter who's a "big club" and who isn't? I don't care how small or "tin pot" (hate that phrase) a club is.

People are slagging off Huddersfield for being tin pot - I'd rather be in their shoes, or Stoke or West Brom or Southampton or any club that is well run and competing at the highest level.

Edited by vulture_squadron

1.Villa                      11.Pigs                    21.Hull

2.Leeds                   12.Middlesbrough   22.Reading

3.Forest                   13.Bristol City         23.Barnsley

4.Norwich                14.Fulham              24.Burton

5.Wednesday          15.Millwall

6.Derby                    16.QPR

7.Sunderland            17.Preston

8.Birmingham            18.Cardiff

9.Ipswich                  19.Bolton

10.Wolves                 20.Brentford