Jack Hunt

Early on in the season thought he had some terrible games, but fair play to him in the last 5-6 games he did really well. I personally think we need to ship Palmer out and bring in another full back to Challenge Hunt

26 minutes ago, Ali G said:

Early on in the season thought he had some terrible games, but fair play to him in the last 5-6 games he did really well. I personally think we need to ship Palmer out and bring in another full back to Challenge Hunt

Ok thanks 

28 minutes ago, Ali G said:

Aiii.........

28 minutes ago, Ali G said:

Assuming you are correct (?), how do you know it wasn't because of Palmer challenging him that Hunt improved in those 5-6 games?

45 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

We need someone who can actually cross a ball on a regular basis .

IMHO is he just isn't consistent enough defending or attacking  He wastes far too many of the positions he gets in but  

agree he did better in the last 3rd of the season 

I agree he was better the last period of the season but being better still doesn't mean good enough. I was lucky enough to see the best right back inside the world (& in my view possibly the best of all time) play for us 25 years ago and no full back will ever come close so they will always lose by comparison.

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Hunt, like Reach, isn't a fullback or winger. They are tailor made for the wing back role. 

New centre half, Lees, Hutch back 3. Hunt and Reach wing backs. 

I agree this is the way to go - Hutch effectively playing as sweeper.

How we then set up the midfield and strikers is a different question.

Would love to see the stats from games, as I think this lad must cover more distance than anyone else on the pitch

Works hard, improved his defending especially blocking/stopping crosses and looks like he actually wants to be here and win

No complaints from me, like the op says just needs a better backup than palmer

We need a right back to take Hunt's place, he has been awful for most of the season, he had one or two good games towards the end, but in matches against fast wingers he was torn to shreds, including Huddersfield. Same with Pudil, we need two new full backs who are actually good, not rubbish like Fox.

Agree with OP we DO need another right back to replace Palmer.

He has been a steady squad player for the past 5 years but IMHO his level is probably league 1.

As for the potential new right back it depends on what money is available........................Maxime Colin at Brentford or Darikwa at Burnley would be good, but if we need to balance the books with a few loanees then Johnjoe Kenny at Everton would be decent.

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

Hunt was far better at the back end of the season because he got a run in the side instead of the pathetic play one game miss the next, which Carlos had used for most of the season

I was saying this, same with reach, you play wide men with the same fullback fir 10-15games in a row (barring injury to either) they start to form a partnership and an understanding of each others play and runs which has a great effect on team cohesion. If you insist on tactically chopping and changing ever week, it's detrimental to cohesion. When we had less options in the squad I think we were a better team as the players played regularly together. Just a thought. I still play five a side with some buds who I've been playing football with since school. The teams we play these days maybe younger fitter and quicker, but our teamwork, covering and understanding makes up for this. 

Edited by shezzas left peg