Jack Hunt

On 2017-6-3 at 07:18, Ali G said:

Early on in the season thought he had some terrible games, but fair play to him in the last 5-6 games he did really well. I personally think we need to ship Palmer out and bring in another full back to Challenge Hunt

Christie from derby

In a system where he hasn't got a proper winger in front of him.

Often no out ball.

The kid has run his blood to water.

Has been part of a record equalling back four.

And we're looking at replacing him with players from teams who couldn't touch us.    Kinell.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Often no out ball.

And we're looking at replacing him with players from teams who couldn't touch us.    Kinell.

Correct.

With Wallace ahead of him and playing reasonably wide, Jack's attacking strengths come to the fore.

On 03/06/2017 at 13:15, Greenhgate Owl said:

hunts crap

plays few above average games and he's the next cafu to some

new rb required

100%. This thread shows the typical Wednesday fan's mindset towards what constitutes a "good" player - somebody who can just run about. He has zero quality and has been our weakest player for two seasons now. Some of you go on about him being an attacking threat - what attacking threat!? He hardly EVER delivers. 

74 appearances, 2 assists and 0 goals.

We require FAR better.

Edited by roundhayowl

1 hour ago, roundhayowl said:

100%. This thread shows the typical Wednesday fan's mindset towards what constitutes a "good" player - somebody who can just run about. He has zero quality and has been our weakest player for two seasons now. Some of you go on about him being an attacking threat - what attacking threat!? He hardly EVER delivers. 

We require FAR better.

How many clean sheets my friend?

On 07/06/2017 at 21:05, Costello 77 said:

Often no out ball.

My thoughts too mate. Add to this the improvement in the second part of the season both positionally and delivery.  He's steadily improving and in my opinion will be a key part of the team next year. 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:44, roundhayowl said:

We require FAR better.

he's no world beater but he's a decent enough right back who works the right side well especially when paired with Wallace .,....his attacking stats arnt great but then neither where roland nilsson's but I don't remember anyone calling for him to be replaced .the primary role of a full back as to be the defensive duties and hunt imo preforms them well enough to warrant a place in the team .

I don't mind Hunt and his energy shouldn't be underestimated as this often allows us to overlap knowing he can at least get back in good time.

His positional sense leaves a lot to be desired and sometimes fails to move up playing a tight line for offside - he was at fault at Leeds for example.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Thought Hunt was one of the few who had a better season last year than that n the previous one.  I would however like him to be back up and bring in a quality right back.  Palmer could then go out on loan for the season.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Produced the best cross I saw all season for Winnall's goal against Brum too.  Not a bad cross for Fletcher's goal at Rovrum either!