Jack Hunt

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I've said it before on here but our full backs do the hardest job in the team in my opinion. We rely on them to be our attacking width as Wallace will often cut inside.  But then we rely on them to be back in position to defend. 

Think you're spot on with this. I'd also add that teams who generally use their fullbacks to provide the width play with defensive midfielders dropping in as cover when the fullbacks are caught high up the pitch - we don't. 

14 hours ago, Ali G said:

Early on in the season thought he had some terrible games, but fair play to him in the last 5-6 games he did really well. I personally think we need to ship Palmer out and bring in another full back to Challenge Hunt

Need to get a full back in to replace Hunt, not good enough either in attack or defence. Often gets caught out at the back, going forward one dimensional does the same thing every time, often losing the ball and leaving us vulnerable in behind in the gaping hole he has left, highlighted in both playoff games when izzy brown missed two sitters, 

On 2017-6-3 at 16:36, GHS said:

I agree. Hunt is more than capable, especially if we dare go to Chelsea 3-4-3

He'd be great in that Moses position. Reach on the opposite.

I think we should go 3-4-3 next year.

We have the perfect players for this formation already. Add 4-5 more quality players and it could work even better.

Carlos likes his 4-4-2 though.

16 hours ago, trev said:

Absolutely correct.

We need at least 2 full backs this summer. Its our weakest area by a mile.

I think lack of pace and creativity on the wings is the weakest area by a mile in our 442 system. In the run of 6 wins I thought people were fine with Pudil and Hunt's performances. But the amount of chances created for our very decent strikers is worse than poor

6 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

I think we should go 3-4-3 next year.

We have the perfect players for this formation already. Add 4-5 more quality players and it could work even better.

Carlos likes his 4-4-2 though.

We've got a perfect sweeper in Hutch. 

I'd go like Reading did with 2 up top and a Attaching midfielder supporting them.

Abdi is that man imo.

1 hour ago, GHS said:

We've got a perfect sweeper in Hutch. 

I'd go like Reading did with 2 up top and a Attaching midfielder supporting them.

Abdi is that man imo.

I think there is a strong possibility of a switch in system/formation this season. Don't see the logic in keeping with 4-4-2 with Hutch invariably moving between the centre backs and our wingers tucking in and essentially been centre mids.

Juve played 3-4-1-2 last night and this could be a formation that suits us. Certainly, you would get the best out of Hunt and Reach as I see them both as wing backs and Hutch is tailor made as the sweeper in the middle of the back 3. He would be the one to bring the ball out of defence and also to play long diagonal balls.

Abdi or FF could both play the role of just behind the front 2

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think there is a strong possibility of a switch in system/formation this season. Don't see the logic in keeping with 4-4-2 with Hutch invariably moving between the centre backs and our wingers tucking in and essentially been centre mids.

Juve played 3-4-1-2 last night and this could be a formation that suits us. Certainly, you would get the best out of Hunt and Reach as I see them both as wing backs and Hutch is tailor made as the sweeper in the middle of the back 3. He would be the one to bring the ball out of defence and also to play long diagonal balls.

100% my thinking. 

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Is FF any good in that role? I genuinely have no idea. He hasn't played it for us. 

In and out of the Watford line-up for 3 seasons. Did he play that role often for them?

Just now, Holmowl said:

Is FF any good in that role? I genuinely have no idea. He hasn't played it for us. 

In and out of the Watford line-up for 3 seasons. Did he play that role often for them?

He played the left of a front 3 and that is his best position in my opinion.

I do agree with you he is best coming from a wider area but without the defensive responsibility. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

He played the left of a front 3 and that is his best position in my opinion.

I do agree with you he is best coming from a wider area but without the defensive responsibility. 

Ta

If the thoughi is he's good then we've no chance of autos :columbo: Unreliable at defending and his attacking balls are woeful. We need better full backs if we're to progress. Give Reach some defensive training over the summer and he may be an option. 

The 4/5 players we need : Right back, Centre back, Right winger, midfield barstard.

On 03/06/2017 at 07:36, GHS said:

I agree. Hunt is more than capable, especially if we dare go to Chelsea 3-4-3

He'd be great in that Moses position. Reach on the opposite.

Can see what you're saying but I don't think he'd be that great. He rarely delivers a good cross and I think most people who say he's great going forward only do so based on the fact he's poor defensively and is pretty quick. I don't think any of our full backs are good enough, as back up possibly but no first choice.