Next season kit

50 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

What kind of employer would enforce a target that the employee likely has no control over? I doubt very much that the club has any say in when the shirts are manufactured, save for a probable clause that the team's kits must be ready by the time the season begins.

I don't know the percentages, but I doubt very much the club makes much profit out of that hypothetical £450,000. If they're willing to pay significantly more to get higher manufacturing priority then fair enough, but the amount of profit they make on kit sales would - I expect - be too little for it to make business sense.

If getting the shirts on sale early was at all important to the club from a business sense, then I'm sure Mr Chansiri would've given it priority and made sure it was sorted to his satisfaction. He hasn't done so, so it obviously isn't important.

Seriously? Any employer selling anything!!!! 

Of course you target you your sales team or just leave them watching telly all day. Of course they have control, this very thread means they have control. Marketing, price, advertising, design and breif all under control before looking to tender. 

Why the hell would the club nother bother selling them for little profit? If what your saying is true and we make little out of it then the club needs a further kick up the backside. 

Your final point really gets me too, why does everyone on here assume DC micro manages the club? Do you honestly think he would have any idea about the kit dates?? He would have a team of people i.e. The marketing aide who does this not him. They would be targeted, they would be expected to give the new signings the shirt to have for photos etc. 

£450,000 is conservative, to us that would be a lot of money, look at our P/L accounts.

52 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

So just to clarify... are we having a new kit?

Yes we are that's why fans were given the option to buy next few seasons shirts in advance just a matter of when 

46 minutes ago, jamese said:

Technically the players don't wear replica shirts

It's a sticky subject that where your right but wrong at same time. England players don't war replica shirts. I'm not sure in regards to premiership but I do know that the players at hillsborough wear what's sold in shop. I worked there a while back and remember we loaned Luke varney at the time I had to print his shirt

the club could do with been a lot more open with supporters ,my kids will want a shirt if all there m8s at school start getting pigs shirts ,man u shirts ,Barcelona shirts then there going to start asking where`s ours. like ive said before we have known about this for over a year when it was decided we were not continuing with sondico ,other clubs regularly change kit suppliers and there kit is all ready by mid july at latest , there just does not seem to be any signs of improvement at club regarding merchandise etc .I think club are lacking in the general running of club from all these crazy signings and contracts over last couple of years ,to not getting ground upto scratch to merchandising etc etc. club needs a director of football ,and someone to sort all the day to day stuff out and been much more open to supporters.

15 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

the club could do with been a lot more open with supporters ,my kids will want a shirt if all there m8s at school start getting pigs shirts ,man u shirts ,Barcelona shirts then there going to start asking where`s ours. like ive said before we have known about this for over a year when it was decided we were not continuing with sondico ,other clubs regularly change kit suppliers and there kit is all ready by mid july at latest , there just does not seem to be any signs of improvement at club regarding merchandise etc .I think club are lacking in the general running of club from all these crazy signings and contracts over last couple of years ,to not getting ground upto scratch to merchandising etc etc. club needs a director of football ,and someone to sort all the day to day stuff out and been much more open to supporters.

good post

intrigued as to why you used m8s instead of mates. no other txt spk anywhere else

I have to say I'm pretty surprised that we haven't improved these areas of our club in recent years. I was convinced that DC and Joe Palmer were intent on doing this. 

Quite a few people say, what does it matter or why are people getting so hung up on things like this. Well it's ok. Because ultimately what happens is I just don't end up spending my money at the club shop, because its crap. It's not out of spite either. It's genuinely because I don't want anything from there and can't be bothered to get excited about waiting for a sondico football shirt all summer. Most other clubs can get these things right but each year we seem to struggle with it. It's just strange to me. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I have to say I'm pretty surprised that we haven't improved these areas of our club in recent years. I was convinced that DC and Joe Palmer were intent on doing this. 

Quite a few people say, what does it matter or why are people getting so hung up on things like this. Well it's ok. Because ultimately what happens is I just don't end up spending my money at the club shop, because its crap. It's not out of spite either. It's genuinely because I don't want anything from there and can't be bothered to get excited about waiting for a sondico football shirt all summer. Most other clubs can get these things right but each year we seem to struggle with it. It's just strange to me. 

We do seem to make a meal of the simplest things.

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

It's a sticky subject that where your right but wrong at same time. England players don't war replica shirts. I'm not sure in regards to premiership but I do know that the players at hillsborough wear what's sold in shop. I worked there a while back and remember we loaned Luke varney at the time I had to print his shirt

I forgot to ask this on the tour last year however on the Manchester United tour I went on at Christmas they said most premiership teams do have a better quality shirt and Manchester United replica shirts cost £50 pound and the ones the players wear are about £150 

3 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

Seriously? Any employer selling anything!!!! 

Of course you target you your sales team or just leave them watching telly all day. Of course they have control, this very thread means they have control. Marketing, price, advertising, design and breif all under control before looking to tender. 

Why the hell would the club nother bother selling them for little profit? If what your saying is true and we make little out of it then the club needs a further kick up the backside. 

Your final point really gets me too, why does everyone on here assume DC micro manages the club? Do you honestly think he would have any idea about the kit dates?? He would have a team of people i.e. The marketing aide who does this not him. They would be targeted, they would be expected to give the new signings the shirt to have for photos etc. 

£450,000 is conservative, to us that would be a lot of money, look at our P/L accounts.

You think that our marketing team is in charge of manufacturing the kits? Really?

Given that DC has, apparently, been making the decisions about the design of our kit and that it's being designed bespoke/in-house, I don't think it's that ludicrous to think he might be roughly aware of when they'll be ready.

As I said in my previous post, the £450k is theoretical. I was talking about profit percentage, not whether or not the figure you suggested is near the mark or not. When my company designed a special bespoke shoe with adidas a few years back, we made a very low percentage of profit on sales. The vast majority went to the manufacturer. To my knowledge, that's entirely normal in the sportswear industry.

8 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

You think that our marketing team is in charge of manufacturing the kits? Really?

Given that DC has, apparently, been making the decisions about the design of our kit and that it's being designed bespoke/in-house, I don't think it's that ludicrous to think he might be roughly aware of when they'll be ready.

As I said in my previous post, the £450k is theoretical. I was talking about profit percentage, not whether or not the figure you suggested is near the mark or not. When my company designed a special bespoke shoe with adidas a few years back, we made a very low percentage of profit on sales. The vast majority went to the manufacturer. To my knowledge, that's entirely normal in the sportswear industry.

I didn't say manufacturing im

not saying they would be but the breif design and tender process would be at club level. 

Apart from overviewing the look inwould be surprised if the CEO got involved in such matters of launch dates and strategy of the launch when he has this and other business to run. 

Agreed about the percentage, although it shouldn't come as a surprise to the club the required realise date to maximise return quickly, Margins would be be much higher bringing in house (I would guess) and as such should be on sale quicker to start sales. 

We could go on for ever mate, but I find it odd our club is the last to declare, hype and does not seem organised at this level. We can agree on that I assume?