Next season kit

I'm not bothered about brands personally, just as long as it looks good. We have had top brands before and they did some great kits and some awful ones for us. I loved some of our Puma, Umbro and Bukta kits.

I think the wait for the kit could probably be because it's an important kit for the 150th anniversary and something that needs to take time to make sure we have a decent looking kit? That said, we had a wait for last seasons one too and in the end it was a poor effort that looked nothing like the early 60s pin stripe shirt. Hopefully this time it's worth the wait. 

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

47 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

"NO" is a particularly underused word when dealing with the precocious "want it now" generation.

"Useless" is a word for a company not giving their consumers a product they want to purchase. If you don't agree and everyone should be told "NO" because we cannot supply it WHEN CUSTOMERS WANT IT then you have failed as a business. The want it now generation of which you speak are the clients of SWFC and they should respond to the needs of customers. Failing that get into a business where deadlines don't matter to the non "want it now" customers and good luck finding that industry. 

My children are told no, what else could I say to them? The fact is it's a shame the product they want cannot be purchased. It's really not about spoiling them mate 

37 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

"Useless" is a word for a company not giving their consumers a product they want to purchase. If you don't agree and everyone should be told "NO" because we cannot supply it WHEN CUSTOMERS WANT IT then you have failed as a business. The want it now generation of which you speak are the clients of SWFC and they should respond to the needs of customers. Failing that get into a business where deadlines don't matter to the non "want it now" customers and good luck finding that industry. 

My children are told no, what else could I say to them? The fact is it's a shame the product they want cannot be purchased. It's really not about spoiling them mate 

Last years launch of the kit at approximately the same time as this years launch resulted in record sales for both volume and income.

SWFC really need to get a finger on the pulse and launch WHEN CUSTOMERS WANT IT.

How dare they make record sales and profits with this business model ? ......... They're clearly failing as a business. 

Edited by casbahowl

30 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

so by your logic we all want Messi and Ronaldo now, SWFC cant supply it therefore they have failed as a business, or do you build up a customer base that has people foaming at the mouth for a new product, that when it is released it sells record numbers of that product each time, wonder which one is classed as success or failure

53 minutes ago, tina tuna said:

Anyone over the age of 25 who wears replica kits need to take a long hard look at the way their life is going, utterly tragic carry on

How the eff can you say that if these don't buy shirts then less funding coming into shops. It's also free advertising if think about it how many take shirts on their holidays abroad. 

On 30/05/2017 at 22:18, vulva said:

IMG_0090.JPG

McCabe told her to make it the same colour as the stand, so Doris chose Pig Pink for them, put a wiggly tail on the back of the shorts and embroidered WAWAW on the back of the collars, just to send those porkers over the edge!  

9 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Last years launch of the kit at approximately the same time as this years launch resulted in record sales for both volume and income.

SWFC really need to get a finger on the pulse and launch WHEN CUSTOMERS WANT IT.

How dare they make record sales and profits with this business model ? ......... They're clearly failing as a business. 

It wont hurt sales I agree, I'm not disputing they will still sell and sell well.

Sarcasm or not your correct they need to get to get the finger on the pulse yes! 

12 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

so by your logic we all want Messi and Ronaldo now, SWFC cant supply it therefore they have failed as a business, or do you build up a customer base that has people foaming at the mouth for a new product, that when it is released it sells record numbers of that product each time, wonder which one is classed as success or failure

Build up the sales and momentum yes, but they are not are they? There's no build up, even the players are in the old stuff!!!! 

If the club was building a promotion and teasing us with promotional material then I would agree. They are not though? Thus failing to give customers what they want, my point is WHEN they want it. My point is made by the threads on here, people want it and rightly or wrongly want it now. 

Your comments about Messi and Ronaldo make no sense in this context. Yes of course we would like them but the business is not in the place to obtain them, that's not a failure just about where our business is at at this point in time. 

we should be however in a place to supply shirts, completely different situation and comparing apples with pears. 

18 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I would also be interested to know what happens when we build a product up so much (apparently by doing nothing!!) and it's so popular it sells out in a few days like what happened a few years ago?? 

Is is this good business sense as well? 

1 hour ago, tina tuna said:

Anyone over the age of 25 who wears replica kits need to take a long hard look at the way their life is going, utterly tragic carry on

Does the same rule apply to the players, or?

12 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Build up the sales and momentum yes, but they are not are they? There's no build up, even the players are in the old stuff!!!! 

If the club was building a promotion and teasing us with promotional material then I would agree. They are not though? Thus failing to give customers what they want, my point is WHEN they want it. My point is made by the threads on here, people want it and rightly or wrongly want it now. 

Your comments about Messi and Ronaldo make no sense in this context. Yes of course we would like them but the business is not in the place to obtain them, that's not a failure just about where our business is at at this point in time. 

we should be however in a place to supply shirts, completely different situation and comparing apples with pears. 

It makes absolutely no difference though. The sales will still be made, the income generated will still be the same. If anything, it will probably cost the club more if they want to go to the front of the queue regarding manufacture. The business model where you provide the product to the consumer when they demand it only works if the sales will be higher if they bow to that demand. With football kits, that doesn't happen. Maybe if we were a global force in sport where we get significant sales from elsewhere (i.e. foreign fans) it would make sense, but it doesn't for where we are at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

I would also be interested to know what happens when we build a product up so much (apparently by doing nothing!!) and it's so popular it sells out in a few days like what happened a few years ago?? 

Is is this good business sense as well? 

the whole point of having our own brand was to avoid delays in orders, any order with sondico had a 27 week turnaround so was pointless after xmas

as for the build up judging by this 28 page thread and twatter the club don't have to do anything to build it up the fans will do it for them.

but if its proven to be a big delay and flop and its not ready for the season I will hold my hands up and say they got it wrong and join in the hammering of the marketing department, but for people to be losing there minds about it now is laughable to me

Does anyone think we might just have an agreement/contract for Sondico to supply just the training wear, but we are doing the kits?

When the new kit is out, would we also be doing our own 'in-house' training wear? 

1 hour ago, tina tuna said:

Why over 25?

Are you saying replica shirts are just for kids and you are still going to be a kid up to becoming 25?

Maybe you are confused and you really mean up to 25 stone?

In which case, are the XXXL shirts just for the big boned and those who like a very loose fit?

If there is to be an age ban, can us 50 somethings wear the old retro shirts with a new badge sewn on them, or will we be refused when we have to show our birth certificates at the till?

:tango:

1 hour ago, PARKOWL said:

the whole point of having our own brand was to avoid delays in orders, any order with sondico had a 27 week turnaround so was pointless after xmas

as for the build up judging by this 28 page thread and twatter the club don't have to do anything to build it up the fans will do it for them.

but if its proven to be a big delay and flop and its not ready for the season I will hold my hands up and say they got it wrong and join in the hammering of the marketing department, but for people to be losing there minds about it now is laughable to me

Im certainly not losing my mind over it, but as a business owner myself taking something in House like this means you have total

control, I agree with you on that so... 

it also makes sense for sales to start happening as soon as possible, other areas of the club do this (pre season ticket sales, 3 year tickets etc etc these are not done out of the goodness of the clubs heart but to bring in income now) so you have to ask the question why are shirts not the same? 

If the demand is there, why delay them? If they will sell them get the money in now??? 

Edited by Spencerowl