Next season kit

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

It makes absolutely no difference though. The sales will still be made, the income generated will still be the same. If anything, it will probably cost the club more if they want to go to the front of the queue regarding manufacture. The business model where you provide the product to the consumer when they demand it only works if the sales will be higher if they bow to that demand. With football kits, that doesn't happen. Maybe if we were a global force in sport where we get significant sales from elsewhere (i.e. foreign fans) it would make sense, but it doesn't for where we are at the moment.

As per my post above, if the sales would be made anyway why delay? 

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Why over 25?

Are you saying replica shirts are just for kids and you are still going to be a kid up to becoming 25?

Maybe you are confused and you really mean up to 25 stone?

In which case, are the XXXL shirts just for the big boned and those who like a very loose fit?

If there is to be an age ban, can us 50 somethings wear the old retro shirts with a new badge sewn on them, or will we be refused when we have to show our birth certificates at the till?

:tango:

Ante on route to the airport! 

Your right though, 25 is pushing decency to be fair

IMG_1382.JPG

51 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

As per my post above, if the sales would be made anyway why delay? 

Because it takes in so little income when compared to things like season tickets that it has much lower priority. Getting people to buy season tickets early allows the club to estimate matchday numbers, and with it the commercial side of catering, etc. It allows them to know when to make special offers, etc. Getting fans to buy kits a few months early means virtually nothing to the club, given that they know the sales figures will be the same regardless of when the shirts are released.

7 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Because it takes in so little income when compared to things like season tickets that it has much lower priority. Getting people to buy season tickets early allows the club to estimate matchday numbers, and with it the commercial side of catering, etc. It allows them to know when to make special offers, etc. Getting fans to buy kits a few months early means virtually nothing to the club, given that they know the sales figures will be the same regardless of when the shirts are released.

If that's the case I'm sincerely glad I don't employe a single person from the clubs marketing department, remember the club would be split into departments and this department would have targets etc. Every department would feed into the club so even know their contribuation maybe small in the grand scheme, they would need to show good sales 

Agree about the ST and 3year deal, I doubt very much however this is to work out how many pies to order, if it is why do they sell out before HT every game? So not doing well on the front either. 

even conservatively, if they sold 10,000 shirts @ £45 average per unit that's £450,000 hardly chicken feed in their respective department. It would surly dwarf any other shop sales?   

Dont get get blinded by sales from player transfers etc this would be important to the club

4 hours ago, tina tuna said:

Anyone over the age of 25 who wears replica kits need to take a long hard look at the way their life is going, utterly tragic carry on

What gives you the right to tell anyone, of any age, what they should or shouldn't wear.

If they are aged 7 or 70 it's their choice and has absolutely nothing to do with you.:angry:

5 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

What gives you the right to tell anyone, of any age, what they should or shouldn't wear.

If they are aged 7 or 70 it's their choice and has absolutely nothing to do with you.:angry:

Too many fashion gangsters!, people telling me that over 50's can't wear jeans* yet it is apparently fine for Rod Stewart to still wear Spandex leggings :biggrin:

* at 6 foot with a 34" waist I can get away with jeans if I want even at my age :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

If that's the case I'm sincerely glad I don't employe a single person from the clubs marketing department, remember the club would be split into departments and this department would have targets etc. Every department would feed into the club so even know their contribuation maybe small in the grand scheme, they would need to show good sales 

Agree about the ST and 3year deal, I doubt very much however this is to work out how many pies to order, if it is why do they sell out before HT every game? So not doing well on the front either. 

even conservatively, if they sold 10,000 shirts @ £45 average per unit that's £450,000 hardly chicken feed in their respective department. It would surly dwarf any other shop sales?   

Dont get get blinded by sales from player transfers etc this would be important to the club

What kind of employer would enforce a target that the employee likely has no control over? I doubt very much that the club has any say in when the shirts are manufactured, save for a probable clause that the team's kits must be ready by the time the season begins.

I don't know the percentages, but I doubt very much the club makes much profit out of that hypothetical £450,000. If they're willing to pay significantly more to get higher manufacturing priority then fair enough, but the amount of profit they make on kit sales would - I expect - be too little for it to make business sense.

If getting the shirts on sale early was at all important to the club from a business sense, then I'm sure Mr Chansiri would've given it priority and made sure it was sorted to his satisfaction. He hasn't done so, so it obviously isn't important.

2 hours ago, tina tuna said:

Ante on route to the airport! 

Your right though, 25 is pushing decency to be fair

IMG_1382.JPG

Jesus you're a bit up yourself. Why post pics of some random bloke that you seem to think your better than? You know nothing of his life and in that pic he looks like he could be on the way home from playing football/ training etc. Possibly for charity or maybe just trying to be healthy. Either way it's his choice and feck all to do with anybody else.

Can you post a pic of yer sen so we know what to wear?