Next season kit

Guest Deleted member

Really disappointing to see us line up in our old  away kit today. What a fantastic opportunity missed 

And Rangers in blue and white. 

Edited by Deleted member

Does anyone have a previous example of any other club being this poxy with their new kit launch?

It's really simple - the season starts next week, we had thousands of people at Hillsborough today - surely this was our absolutely latest deadline?

And you know what - I genuinely don't think many people would care that much if the club had simply communicated things properly to the fans.

It's been a completely disastrous piece of PR by the club.

Let's be honest this whole kit situation is a shambles, blame whoever you want but we are less than a week away from the season starting and we don't have a new home or away shirt. Today would have been perfect to play in it for the first time, so many sales will have been missed throughout pre season. I thought last years kit situation was bad (lessons should have been learnt) but this is another level of poor. 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Is it time to start entertaining what I'm sure we all thought unthinkable a month ago... are we even going to have a new kit out for the players in time for the Preston game? 

Surely we will... right? 

My gut instinct says no - we'll be wearing the same black one we are wearing today

I tend not to think much about football during the close season.  Logged on here a few weeks ago because bored working from home, and thought why on earth are people fussing so much about the kit.

That was a few weeks ago.  To have got to this point is incompetent.  A very poor show indeed.  

Hopefully in the great scheme of things no more than a blip.  I have no problem at all with what appears to be a policy of minimal playing recruitment this summer.  In my view that's spot on.  But the kit thing is quite a big blip.  It shows that the owner either has an exaggerated sense of what he can deliver himself; and/or that when it comes to the core task of recruiting and retaining staff, he's not doing it.  

Guest Deleted member

Far far more worrying than the kit is that we don't look to have any more of a clue than we did at times last year 

Not much from the club this pre season to encourage fans or build any excitement, feels like we're being taken for granted again. I should be grateful for ticket prices bring frozen to watch last years team, play in last years kit?

Admittedly I like the look of the new polo shirts and hooded tops the players turned up in today. The kit release is an absolute disgrace though. Regardless of what it looks like I think I'm just getting one of those smart polo shirts.

31 minutes ago, striker said:

Not much from the club this pre season to encourage fans or build any excitement, feels like we're being taken for granted again. I should be grateful for ticket prices bring frozen to watch last years team, play in last years kit?

They haven't been frozen. They just haven't changed the potential categories. 

38 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Admittedly I like the look of the new polo shirts and hooded tops the players turned up in today. The kit release is an absolute disgrace though. Regardless of what it looks like I think I'm just getting one of those smart polo shirts.

That's if they ever get released to buy..

Our lass came home half way through the 2nd half. 

About 10 minutes later she said "we've given a free kick away"...

Then I realised, she thought we were Rangers.

lol

She was confused as to why we were in black at home to a team in blue.