Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

All joking apart Rhodes is here to stay and I am sure we will be playing with either 2 or 3 up top next season. Anything else would be a waste of the strikers we have. The only decision to be made, as I see it, is do we sell one of them to bring in a striker with real pace. I think we could just about get away without doing that if we bring in players with pace in other positions, especially if we think Joao could still be a useful pace option from the bench.

I think next season is all about Carlos having options available and the will and ability to vary his style between the extremes of the last two seasons appropriately.

4 hours ago, PeakOwl said:

Thanks, Edinburgh, interesting stuff. Surprised clubs are willing to offer contracts to a player not yet fit, but then again he does have age on his side and no doubt Warnock will be negotiating a cut price price deal as a result. I was hoping our Scottish contingent might've been able to persuade him to come here..

He won't be coming here as Hunt is on too much money to be sat as a back up in this division

Know we showed interest in Connor Mahoney (along with Barnsley, Bristol City and a few other Championship clubs), but quite sure he's chosen Sunderland. 

A friend at Blackburn speaks very highly of him & they want to retain him but looks like he's on his way out. 

Haven't seen too much of him personally apart from an FA Cup cameo, he hasn't been given much of a chance there. 

Edited by SamOwl89

2 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Newcastle have been given permission to talk to Tammy Abraham about a loan deal for next year

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

And his brother, little Timmy Abraham (I kid you not) has joined Fulham

Is the third triplet Tommy available lol

Edited by Mickjj

6 hours ago, SamOwl89 said:

Know we showed interest in Connor Mahoney (along with Barnsley, Bristol City and a few other Championship clubs), but quite sure he's chosen Sunderland. 

A friend at Blackburn speaks very highly of him & they want to retain him but looks like he's on his way out. 

Haven't seen too much of him personally apart from an FA Cup cameo, he hasn't been given much of a chance there. 

That's a shame if true. I'd seen that Mowbray had said Mahoney would "test the market" and I was excited at our chances of getting him. Sunderland must be offering him big money, though it's a signing that would make sense as they desperately need to trim the fat, cut costs and structure the team around youth.