Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

12 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Paterson was at the Huddersfield match but from what I've heard he is signing for Cardiff. 

What was he doing at Hillsborough - were the rumours we were tracking him in January true then ? Is he fit again? Looked an exciting prospect, prior to his injury.

34 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

What was he doing at Hillsborough - were the rumours we were tracking him in January true then ? Is he fit again? Looked an exciting prospect, prior to his injury.

Not sure why he was there, potentially we may have been interested, but he isn't fit yet, he suffered quite a serious injury. I don't known Callum personally but a good mate of mine does who works as a senior sports journalist. I'm sure it would appeal to him given the rise in wages and the amount of Scotland team mates in our squad. He's meant to be at final stages discussing a deal with Cardiff but you never know.

Thanks, Edinburgh, interesting stuff. Surprised clubs are willing to offer contracts to a player not yet fit, but then again he does have age on his side and no doubt Warnock will be negotiating a cut price price deal as a result. I was hoping our Scottish contingent might've been able to persuade him to come here..

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Seen you've been linked with Keogh from us. Please take him, I want to see him fail at another team. 

Yea so far the keogh rumour is the only gaining abit of ground for us been seeing reports for a couple of weeks

nobody wants him not good at dealing with set pieces and misses to many headers apparently no idea if its true tho 

Edited by stocksyuto

15 hours ago, vulva said:

Celtics best player is that lad Tierney. Doubt we would get anywhere near him though. Also like the lad McKay at Rangers. 

Im always sceptical about signing players from Scotland lol

5 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Harry Maguire is one of the best Center Halfs in the prem, he'll be off to Spurs or Man Utd IMO.

I think you'll find he's a championship player, and as been for a few weeks now.   UTO 

16 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

McKay for me is overrated and I think we have better.

I'd agree with that. He's got some talent, but he's not got enough end product to make the step up to being an actual quality footballer.

He reminds me a bit of Junior Hoilett in that respect. Gets into good positions and looks dangerous but then.. the final ball isn't there.. the finish isn't there.

Tierney will stay at Celtic unless a truly big club comes knocking.. and it's not beyond possibility that they will. Man Utd is a good shout, Luke Shaw seems to be done.

Charlie Mulgrew's probably worth it if he's going to be leaving Blackburn now they're down. Another player for center back who wouldn't cost the earth, can do a job, and would give us a bigger threat at free kicks.

1 hour ago, stocksyuto said:

Yea so far the keogh rumour is the only gaining abit of ground for us been seeing reports for a couple of weeks

nobody wants him not good at dealing with set pieces and misses to many headers apparently no idea if its true tho 

I really hope not. He has been one of my pet hates for a few seasons now. Totally overrated and an accident waiting to happen. He always seems too keen to make a needless challenge. He is also capable of getting caught in possession.

Jordan Amarvi is another accident waiting to happen who has been mentioned earlier in the thread. I am not too worried though as I think there is no chance of him coming here. I was shocked when I saw Villa paid £7m for him as his mistakes were involved in several TV goals I saw Villa concede last season.

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Carlos has said 4 or 5 players will be signed, does that include Rhodes I wonder

I think wondering about the details will put your stress levels through the roof.
Do you think we will try to get out of the deal for Rhodes or sell him or something more sinister? You see what you've done to me now.    lol

I think all we can read into "4 or 5" is that there will be signings and that the final figure will be closer to five than ten. I'm sure if an additional suitable player becomes available we will try for them.