Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Average price for a Championship player is probably a couple of million. Probably what we would expect if we sold some of our fringe players. but if they have had a good season the year before than add about 5 million to that total. 

Wish it was. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, parkerowl said:

Outs for me...

Pudil 

Bannan

Jones

Nuhiu

Forestieri

Ins for me...

Richard Keogh

Aaron Mooy

Jackson Irvine

Jota 

Andre Gray

Moot and Gray!  Dream on mate....

Really wish we could bring in some exciting young talent from the Premiership like Huddersfield did this season, enough of these players like Buckley and McManaman that we seem to sign and don't play. Get some quality in that actually plays and improves the team. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really wish we could bring in some exciting young talent from the Premiership like Huddersfield did this season, enough of these players like Buckley and McManaman that we seem to sign and don't play. Get some quality in that actually plays and improves the team. 

Post of the summer so far 

For me it's not just about getting an Olympic sprinter but rather someone that can counter quickly and relieve us when we drop deep. It's having someone who can actually get behind the opposition defence, have we really done that all season? It's about making the opposition defenders cautious. Let's be honest when Fletcher has his back to them on the half way line they will be feeling comfortable. Imagine someone bursting down the line with Jordan Rhodes stood in the middle. Waiting. Where he SHOULD be. Not fannying around playing a one two with Adam Reach who will then cut inside into more danger.

Its so frustrating because I believe we've got the template of a fantastic side yet were too scared to attack teams.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

For me it's not just about getting an Olympic sprinter but rather someone that can counter quickly and relieve us when we drop deep. It's having someone who can actually get behind the opposition defence, have we really done that all season? It's about making the opposition defenders cautious. Let's be honest when Fletcher has his back to them on the half way line they will be feeling comfortable. Imagine someone bursting down the line with Jordan Rhodes stood in the middle. Waiting. Where he SHOULD be. Not fannying around playing a one two with Adam Reach who will then cut inside into more danger.

Its so frustrating because I believe we've got the template of a fantastic side yet were too scared to attack teams.

Yes it's so predictable, and easy for the good teams to combat Really can't understand how we've assembled such a vast array of forward players and wingers completely devoid of pace Would love to hear Carlos's explanation for this

The reality is, we need to recruit 2 or 3 players capable of getting us up the pitch quicker, even if that means cashing in on some of our current one paced forwards Players, not only with pace, but speed of thought as well 

Apologies for not reading the whole thread so not sure if already been mentioned, but here's my thoughts.

For me we need 3 key first team signings;

Central Midfield - Danny Williams (Reading)

Wide Attackers - Bakary Sako (Palace), Jota (Brentford)

I'd like to see us line up like this;

Westwood

Hunt  Lees   Hutchinson  Reach

Lee         Williams

Sako            Hooper         Foresteri

Rhodes

Jota can play anywhere across the Sako-Hooper-FF line so dependent on opposition etc he could slot in anywhere there.

Hutchinson is the ball playing, aggressive, pacy CH we all want.

Reach's end product isn't good enough to be on the left wing so should focus and work on being 1st choice LB

Rhodes after a full preseason and working with Hooper should shine

Of course upgrades at Full Back would be great, but I feel these should be dependent on who is available and at what price.

The 3 players identified for me are a priority.

Edited by DesWalker

21 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Apologies for not reading the whole thread so not sure if already been mentioned, but here's my thoughts.

Westwood

Lee         Williams

Rhodes

Jota can play anywhere across the Sako-Hooper-FF line so dependent on opposition etc he could slot in anywhere there.

Reach's end product isn't good enough to be on the left wing so should focus and work on being 1st choice LB

Of course upgrades at Full Back would be great, but I feel these should be dependent on who is available and at what price.

Many points in this I agree with! 

1 hour ago, DesWalker said:

Westwood

Lee         Williams

Rhodes

I don't mind the idea of those three additions, but we still need a dominant left sided centre back. Agree with you, that Hutchinson could be the ball paying centre back we need, but not paired with Lees. Both are right footed and tend to want to play in the same areas. We'd also, still be vulnerable in the air

Danny Williams on a free would be very good business but if he isn't signing for Reading I assume it's because he wants Premiership football.

Another which would be an amazing bit if business, but unlikely, is Nathaniel Chalobah at Chelsea. He only got 9 games this season. A loan is more likely than a permanent buy but again I would imagine several Premiership teams would be after him given the chance.