Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

17 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

2/10, must try harder lol 

if you actually read what I said I said Irvine is closer to what we need and he's a different type of player to hourihane who is similar to what we have.

you may well criticise last seasons policy so to then suggest players who would continue that is bizarre at best and down right stupid at worst.

Thanks for trying. 

16 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

if you actually read what I said I said Irvine is closer to what we need and he's a different type of player to hourihane who is similar to what we have.

Yeah but you didn't say that, you said:

"Irvine and Hourihane are completely different types of player.

irvine is closer to what we need but what's the point accumulating players who are the same as we currently have."

At no point did you say Hourihane is similar to what we had, you said Irvine is closer to what we need, yes, but you then went on (in the same sentence, with no mention of Hourihane) to go on about players that were similar to what we had. It wasn't clear, I legit thought you were saying Irvine was similar to what we had, whilst simultaneously saying he was what we needed

you may well criticise last seasons policy so to then suggest players who would continue that is bizarre at best and down right stupid at worst.

What players would continue the bizarre recruitment policy? Jota and Zivkovic are completely different, one of the two CM's by your own admission is completely different, a young premier league loanee is completely different, a new first choice CB is completely different, Sasso is the same (had a good season as backup) and a new left-back is similar. So I make more than half of my suggestions completely different, one the same but an area we need strengthening, and one identical because he was decent backup.

Are you making this up as you go along? lol 

Thanks for trying. 

You're welcome! 

Edited by StudentOwl

I at no point mentioned your other suggestions. I was talking about filling the squad with tidy CMs and no box to box option or big leader in there really.

anyway back on topic, we need to tweak our squad bits and pieces rather then 6/7 out and 5/6 in as some are suggesting.

were not a million miles away

Guest RedDragonOwl

People are going to be really disappointed this summer if they think we'll be signing the likes of Jota or Jackson Irvine. 

We don't need a overhaul. I think a change in system will do it.

Yeah, maybe a new centre half, someone who can consistently cross and someone who can impose themselves in the midfield but that's about it.  I think we should be targeting specific players who have the attributes we lack.

Oh, and pace. We really lack pace.

14 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

People are going to be really disappointed this summer if they think we'll be signing the likes of Jota or Jackson Irvine. 

? A player from Brentford and burton? We spent 4mill on Abdi a player who played nearly every game for Watford. We then spent 10 million on Rhodes who is the top goal scorer in the the Efl, likes of Irvine would cost couple of mill max ! Jota maybe 5 million.

4 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

? A player from Brentford and burton? We spent 4mill on Abdi a player who played nearly every game for Watford. We then spent 10 million on Rhodes who is the top goal scorer in the the Efl, likes of Irvine would cost couple of mill max ! Jota maybe 5 million.

Rotherham wanted almost 5 million for Danny Ward. no one is going to sell to sell their best players on the cheap in today's market. No need to people will pay the money. Try doubling what prices you quoted there.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Boombox said:

We don't need a overhaul. I think a change in system will do it.

Yeah, maybe a new centre half, someone who can consistently cross and someone who can impose themselves in the midfield but that's about it.  I think we should be targeting specific players who have the attributes we lack.

Oh, and pace. We really lack pace.

Boy, if we could find one of them we'd be laughing :manager:

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Rotherham wanted almost 5 million for Danny Ward. no one is going to sell to sell their best players on the cheap in today's market. No need to people will pay the money. Try doubling what prices you quoted there.

Wanted and what they get is different things , if we went in for a couple of mill for Irvine then I would certainly think we could get him. 

6 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Wanted and what they get is different things , if we went in for a couple of mill for Irvine then I would certainly think we could get him. 

If you were the Burton chairman would you accept 2 million for Irvine. ?  be gone already is teams thought he would be that cheap.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

If you were the Burton chairman would you accept 2 million for Irvine. ?  be gone already is teams thought he would be that cheap.

Maybe 3 million , it's a lot for Burton especially when signed him for not much and also he's only been there a year 

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Maybe 3 million , it's a lot for Burton especially when signed him for not much and also he's only been there a year 

Average price for a Championship player is probably a couple of million. Probably what we would expect if we sold some of our fringe players. but if they have had a good season the year before than add about 5 million to that total.